Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC - anti name change petition

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I saw this argument on twitter, "when we drew Everton nobody knew where we were". If people were really interested how long does it take to look it up on google. There are loads of non league clubs which I haven't a clue of where they are but the only time I'd really worry about it is if we drew them away in the cup. Seems they just want to try and cause controversy to get their name in the papers again before they fall into FA Cup obscurity like Lewes and Hastings have done in the recent past, but without trying to out live their welcome.

Agree. In the last 2 weeks, I have googled Forest Green Rovers to see where that was (I was well out on that one).

Last night I googled Brechin City after another NSCer posted a You Tube video.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its about survival, they need to appeal to the wider community if they are to survive further up the pyramid:moo:

I'm not sure a name change will achieve that will it?

The FA Cup did them no harm, the "Come on you Hawks" line seemed to work quite well and it was around a lot on social media etc....

Do you think they'll increase their gates (even significantly) for the conference?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I didn't know Anderlecht are in Brussels !!

Petition signed though because name changing is bollox. Brighton City FC sounds so shyte.

I'm not sure a name change will achieve that will it?

The FA Cup did them no harm, the "Come on you Hawks" line seemed to work quite well and it was around a lot on social media etc....

Do you think they'll increase their gates (even significantly) for the conference?

I think it will be a struggle to survive and to be honest a decent car park with easy access would be the best change they could make,personally i am against the name change but not sure it should concern anyone but the regulars and those who are putting in the cash,if bha have objected i find this a little embarrassing considering we put out to all in the city of Brighton and Hove to be decent to us when help was needed:moo:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think it will be a struggle to survive and to be honest a decent car park with easy access would be the best change they could make,personally i am against the name change but not sure it should concern anyone but the regulars and those who are putting in the cash,if bha have objected i find this a little embarrassing considering we put out to all in the city of Brighton and Hove to be decent to us when help was needed:moo:

Car park! Very, very good call.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Where is your evidence that bhafc have objected to the latest name change proposal ?

When and how did they do this ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You claim to support non league football. You claim to be against the money side of football nowadays which is why you don't go to the Amex.
Now Whitehawk FANS don't want to change their name but their moneyed OWNERS do.

Why am I bothering? :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure let me know what you find out! At least we are on agreement on this:kiss:
I have no intention of finding out.

Why did you mention them objecting if you are not sure ? Was it just an excuse for yet more anti-albion trolling ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure let me know what you find out! At least we are on agreement on this:kiss:

Yesterday I quoted Tony Bloom from a Q&A session in November. You were on the same thread. The FA turned Whitehawk owners down, not the Albion.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Can I suggest we all stop feeding the tiresome troll. If everyone stops giving him oxygen, he might just do something meaningful with his days!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I just don't see how changing their name so it's easier for people to identify them as a small team in Brighton will grow the fan base.
Playing up to sounding like a glam rock band seems a better way to widen the fan base.
Send the team out in gold lamé kits with Kiss make up and while interest will be niche they'll be the only club in Europe filling it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here