Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(White) Welsh rugby player Liam Williams goes to fancy dress party as...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I've certainly never criticised the gfa which is how the the incidents with the likes of McGuiness and adams come about , are you also saying that because of my views on the incident in the original post that I shouldn't have views on anything else controversial ?

My point is, you mock people who like to be offended and yet you're constantly getting angry on here. You'll jump in whenever you feel like it but tell others to get over themselves.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
'Ah, the annual NSC racism debate, with a bunch of white men, mostly with right wing views explaining it all'.

Wonder if the outcome will be different this year? haha

Any black people involved in the 'debate' this year?

I wish you hadn't added that bit, it will give someone the opportunity to tell us that they've got a black mate and he doesn't find it offensive so that's case closed.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
'Ah, the annual NSC racism debate, with a bunch of white men, mostly with right wing views explaining it all'.

If as you have intimated we ( white men ) might be adjudged racist for condoning his fancy dress, then why wouldnt we feel we have a stake in the debate ??

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Disgusting. He should be banned from life for a long time.

I think banning someone from life is a longer enough time. Unless you ban them from the afterlife. That would stamp it out.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If as you have intimated we ( white men ) might be adjudged racist for condoning his fancy dress, then why wouldnt we feel we have a stake in the debate ??

Firstly, did I accuse you of racism? No. Is the debate relevant without the input from people from other races? Not really.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

Having never met most on here, (even though you had the chance) why have you assumed that those in the 'debate' are white?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Having never met most on here, (even though you had the chance) why have you assumed that those in the 'debate' are white?

I had a chance to meet a stupid **** of a racist white bloke, with a track record of offering people out on NSC? No thanks. Happier he is wandering around at night on his own, muttering.
What makes me think most in the debate are white? Really?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I had a chance to meet a stupid **** of a racist white bloke, with a track record of offering people out on NSC? No thanks. Happier he is wandering around at night on his own, muttering.
What makes me think most in the debate are white? Really?

So because those in the debate have views differing from yours they must be white? Do you not think it is possible for black people to have views different from you?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I think its very possible for some black people to have differeing views to me, the black UKIP voice in Croydon for example, and its also very possible they will have exactly the same views as me.

Care to identify the black people in the 'debate' for me?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I think its very possible for some black people to have differeing views to me, the black UKIP voice in Croydon for example, and its also very possible they will have exactly the same views as me.

Care to identify the black people in the 'debate' for me?

Now if a UKIP supporter on here called someone a 'Black Labour wanker' you'd be jumping on them and labbeling them as racist.

As for asking me to identify the black people on here, obviously i can't, and never stated there was. I cannot identify the colour of someones skin by their views on here, and neither can you. So shut up.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Well, surely the prejudice aspect isn’t any different is it?

Frankly, this debate should simply be about the motives involved in all cases.

If the motives are without malice and innocent then it should be treated accordingly.

Otherwise this is just another case of censorship. There are plenty of entirely innocent reasons why people dress up, including why white people have blackened their faces. Some of these reasons are historical and cultural, and whilst they are now perceived to be unfashionable cultural baggage by the bed wetting community, they are nonetheless woven into the fabric of many societies.

In case you are not aware this is a significant issue in Holland currently……………

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/61376/black-pete-harmless-tradition-or-racist-throwback

This is a country where polls suggest 91% of the Dutch consider their tradition as not racist………………..and which probably tells you where you are on this type of debate.

The UK has a tradition too, no doubt you would have been a supporter of this act back in the day………………you daft fascist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Act

Of course it's different because when a man dresses up as a woman he, the man is the butt of the joke not women, whereas with blackface black people are the butt of the joke and not the White man underneath the make up. You can call those who realise that you can't just erase history to suit your needs bedwetters all you like and in return I could call you an ignorant biggot with no respect for history but that would get us nowhere. I'm tired of repeating myself on this matter.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Good for William Bony, he and many others are not going to be offended. Some people however are going to be offended.

You suggested that history has no relevance to those people who are offended by this stuff. I pointed out that it is the weight of history that causes some people to find blacking up offensive.

I'm not normally one to like anything that comes out of this mans mouth however in this case he got it right.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

[I saw hate in a graveyard -- Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005]”

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Should black people whose families never had an association with slavery be offended that all blacks are instantly associated with slavery?

i think when talking of the UK, where most of the black people are from the carib, rather than Africa, I would say most families are going to have slavery in their family history.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
i think when talking of the UK, where most of the black people are from the carib, rather than Africa, I would say most families are going to have slavery in their family history.

Possibly. However should these people and their offense matter when an African player is the person in question? After all, they aren't Ivorian themselves.

I find people who group all people with dark skin as some collective group of people as more insulting. It ignores their vastly different cultures,traditions and histories. It's saying hey, you all look the same to us. Which sounds pretty bigoted to me.

No different to people who say all Asians look the same.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
May I ask why is it so offensive??
If you are trying to look like someone isnt dressing up and make up the idea?
Eddie murphy played a white jew, the wayan brothers played two white women in white chicks, were any white peole, jewish or girls offended by thaese films? Maybe people who are offended are offended because the way they think is offensive.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
When the perceived offence is the skin colour, rather than place of birth, I would say yes.

When you put it that way it sounds just like black skin itself is offensive.

If those offended really cared about diversity and celebrating other peoples differences they would encourage people to appear as people they admire regardless of skin colour or culture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here