Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Religion Is The Most Attractive

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Have to be Hindu, I like Buddism but as no god etc, can you class that as a religion????

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Free Love Naked Paganism !!!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Unfortunately, with this as with most of the things he said, Lewis was talking through his hat.

Well, that's a clinching argument if ever I saw one :lolol:
Never seen a photo of him wearing a hat.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Well, that's a clinching argument if ever I saw one :lolol:
Never seen a photo of him wearing a hat.
It wasn't meant to be a clinching argument. You can have that if you want it though. In this instance (the Lewis "trilemma") Lewis commits the logical fallacy of false dilemma (or trilemma), which renders his argument invalid.

It always seems to be christianity that people like you choose to pick on, I bet I wouldnt find you making disparaging remarks about Islam.

"People like me" hahahahaahah what a tool you are. As far as I am aware Islam doesn't have a Polish pope or a fantastically wealthy bank, otherwise I would have mentioned them too. If the discussion gets to 72 imaginary virgins or indoctrinated fools flying planes into buildings I think Christianity will take somewhat less of a battering.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I will never forget my visit to the Hindu Temple in Delhi.

Amazing place - but I was most impressed with how *all* religions
respected each other.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
"People like me" hahahahaahah what a tool you are. As far as I am aware Islam doesn't have a Polish pope or a fantastically wealthy bank, otherwise I would have mentioned them too. If the discussion gets to 72 imaginary virgins or indoctrinated fools flying planes into buildings I think Christianity will take somewhat less of a battering.

As you well know I deliberately posted this after your question to me last night :lolol: what time did you stay out till anyway ?

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
It wasn't meant to be a clinching argument. You can have that if you want it though. In this instance (the Lewis "trilemma") Lewis commits the logical fallacy of false dilemma (or trilemma), which renders his argument invalid.

Depends on what you take his argument to be about! I quoted it because another poster had suggested you could separate the teachings of Jesus (ie things worth applying in your life) from the person of Jesus and his claims to be God - the supernatural bid (ie a person worth following).

Lewis' "trilemma" was simply aimed at disproving a common belief of his era that regarded Jesus as a great moral teacher who was not divine. Which, I would say, it does pretty effectively.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I-can-t--I-m-mormon-mormons-332318_400_400.jpg

Last edited:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Depends on what you take his argument to be about! I quoted it because another poster had suggested you could separate the teachings of Jesus (ie things worth applying in your life) from the person of Jesus and his claims to be God - the supernatural bid (ie a person worth following).

Lewis' "trilemma" was simply aimed at disproving a common belief of his era that regarded Jesus as a great moral teacher who was not divine. Which, I would say, it does pretty effectively.

Unfortunately, a logically fallacious argument doesn't prove or disprove anything. Other than that though, it's perfect.

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
Unfortunately, a logically fallacious argument doesn't prove or disprove anything. Other than that though, it's perfect.

And the false logic he employs is ... ? Go on, give us a clue :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Religion is not about it being attractive but about being true. Therefore the best religion
in the World, posessing the fullness of truth and all necessary means of salvation, is the
one and only Roman-Catholicism.

I am Polish and Roman-Catholic, which means that I have drawn not one but two winning
tickets in the lottery of life. Most of you did not have the luck and privilege of being born
Polish, but you can still be Roman-Catholics. Contact your nearest Catholic parish for more
details on joining the One And Only, Holy and Apostolic Roman Catholic Church.

I think I am too old, and will alas miss out on the most important right of passage: being buggered by a catholic priest!

Sorry couldn't resist.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

hey you can't say things like that!

Kind regards

People like me (us)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"a Lot of people in the Church of England have no muscles in their arms....."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here