Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of these amazing outcomes would you prefer?

Which would you prefer?

• Win the FA Cup - a trophy and a Europa League place, and finish 9th again

Votes: 193 66.8%
  • Finish 4th with a spot in next season's Champion's League

Votes: 82 28.4%
  • I'd forgo both as long as Palace are relegated

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Plenty of people remember "unusual" teams going to the Champions League, especially if they do something exciting while there. Beating Barca or Real in the CL... people would remember that.

maybe the swedes do,but in England the bar is set alot higher

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Plenty of people remember "unusual" teams going to the Champions League, especially if they do something exciting while there. Beating Barca or Real in the CL... people would remember that.

While the FA Cup... I don't even know who won it last year.

By contrast, I can remember that Liverpool won the FA Cup last season, but can't remember who came 4th.

From this we can deduce that winning the FA Cup is definitely the more valid achievement.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
FA Cup without a doubt. Day out at Wembley, celebrating and a euro tour to come. Winning trophies is better than 4th

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
4th - Absolute no brainer.

I would be surprised if any more than 15% vote for the other option.

Ho ho ho ho ho ho!

Clicked immediately on the FAC option (with a 9th placed finish). And I'm apparently not alone :wink:

A trophy in the hand is worth two in Shepherd's Bush.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jesus, we won the Sussex Senior cup last season.
You lot are never satisfied.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same here tbf regarding 4th. But I do remember Leeds & Newcastle in the CL.

Leeds, yes, but to be fair they have been there quite a few times (four?) plus inter cities fairs cup (= Europa league) and cup winners' cup (ditto). Leeds were once quite the thing.

Newcastle, however....CL? I remember them in the UEFA cup playing Wolves, was it? Final not televised?

The FA cup, now, though.....I immediately thought of an analogy but good taste, the earliness of the evening, and the lack of alcohol so far consumed precludes my posting it :drool::rolleyes::bigwave:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So does finishing fourth include finishing above Chelsea?

Also, the lack of ambition in not having an "all of the above" option.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
4th or second even means by definition we would spend the rest of the season schooling the big boys and building a rep, an FA cup is what 5 wins? i would rather 20 plus wins, a double over manure and palace and a credable rep other than getting lucky in the cup. Wimbledon have won the cup once , so have wigan southampton and many more. I want us to achieve more than these teams, be there with Leicester and then win a Euro trophy. We are 4th now so why aim lower than higher?

This thread is pure cringe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FA Cup and 9th by an absolute mile for me, trophy and opportunity to get into Europe plus consolidating a top ten place would be fantastic. CL can follow in a season or two.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
All the poll shows is a lot of fans have not got over the low expectations of the wilderness years. As Mwepu says,if Leicester then why not Brighton?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All the poll shows is a lot of fans have not got over the low expectations of the wilderness years. As Mwepu says,if Leicester then why not Brighton?

That doesn’t make any sense. Winning the FA Cup, qualifying for Europe and finishing top half is low expectations?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be intrigued by the ages of those who have chosen each option.
As an 80s baby the FA cup is the trophy to win and I still hold that. Unless it’s 1st league positions aren’t memorable for me. Got a feeling later generations hold the champions league over actually winning things

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
That doesn’t make any sense. Winning the FA Cup, qualifying for Europe and finishing top half is low expectations?

It is when you consider our current position and form. Even if a couple of seasons a go I said to you we would sell about 6 players for about 150 million then roll up at old trafford and out class them AGAIN you would think I was barmy, so why not shoot for the stars?

The OP has form for this kind of thing, I remember a thread by him after a couple of seasons in the Prem asking have we reached our limit? around 5th from bottom, the answer to that is no and the answer again should be no.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I voted for Champion’s League because that would mean we were better over an entire season than two of the big six. We would keep our best players and so could potentially be as good if not better the following season. However on reflection an actual trophy would be amazing, so would now possibly vote for that, presumably both is out of the question!?
Completely out of the question. You can't play in the CL and the Europa League in the same season. Mind you, option 1 or 2, with Palarse being relegated is a possibility .....................

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is when you consider our current position and form. Even if a couple of seasons a go I said to you we would sell about 6 players for about 150 million then roll up at old trafford and out class them AGAIN you would think I was barmy, so why not shoot for the stars?

The OP has form for this kind of thing, I remember a thread by him after a couple of seasons in the Prem asking have we reached our limit? around 5th from bottom, the answer to that is no and the answer again should be no.

There isn’t an option for winning the PL it’s 4th. In the history books, the memorabilia, the legends posters, you don’t have pics of your captain lifting a trophy for 4th place.

4th isn’t aiming for the stars, it’s the 3rd loser. Holding aloft the FA Cup is for winners. How is this club winning a major trophy not aiming for the stars?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here