[Albion] Which of these amazing outcomes would you prefer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which would you prefer?

• Win the FA Cup - a trophy and a Europa League place, and finish 9th again

Votes: 193 66.8%
  • Finish 4th with a spot in next season's Champion's League

Votes: 82 28.4%
  • I'd forgo both as long as Palace are relegated

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Where's the FA Cup win, Champions League, and Palace getting relegated all in one season option? If that actually does ever happen...

download.jpeg

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Voted for fourth and a bit ashamed of myself really.

It should really be about the trophy, but I can't quite shake off that Wembley semi final defeat. We weren't prepared to treat it as a one off game. Risk a hammering, but just maybe sneak a shock win?

For Man City fans the whole thing just felt like a major inconvenience, like why could they just not give them the trophy anyway, why do they actually have to play games to win it and everything.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
FA Cup win.
Top 10 league finish.
Europe following season.

The very definition of no brainer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bet on us to finish 4th (this year) at the end of last season. Potter leaving dented that optimism, but we have an incredible squad and a first team that can give anyone a real game in this league. But we'll need luck with injuries, a firm resolve to resist predatory clubs in January and for RDZ to tweak and add to GPott's alchemy.

You are going to be gutted when we finish 3rd.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
3 trips assuming the Charity Shield goes back there next season. Pretty sure it was only on holiday because of the women.

Giving us the opportunity of joining the rarefied company of multiple charity shield winners. So F.A cup glory, a season in Europe AND the charity shield against finishing lower than Palace's best finish and a season in Europe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think some people under-estimate the value of an FA Cup win. If the Albion achieve that then:

1. It would be our first proper trophy.
2. The manager and his team are winners. That means any future signings know they are joining a club not just a high rung on the food chain ladder but a club where you can win cups and medals.
3. You grow the brand globally - the FA Cup Final still has a huge global audience.
4. Outside of the Top 6, at a stroke it would mean we'd achieved something that NONE of the other 14 Prem clubs bar Leicester have achieved in 28 years.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't give a stiff about Palace.

I'd love to actually see us hold a trophy aloft. That would be brilliant!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
FA Cup win (but thanks to my fat fingers I voted for the wrong option by mistake)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
League Cup and a box of fondant fancies would do me, especially the orange ones they do for Halloween. A trophy is forever, Europe or fondant fancies are fleeting pleasures, plus silverware would be doing a number on trophy-less Palace in any case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Might that not depend on our 'coefficient', which, at the moment, is non-existent?

Don't forget Spurs were in the final just a few years ago.

No -it doesn't work like that. Teams do not have coefficients. Leagues / Associations have coefficients.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Nostradamus didn't do very well, did he?

I find it amazing that so many would swerve the Champions League opportunity which has to be the greatest club competition in the world.

(I'd better stop digging and take the FA Cup win)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports