Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of these amazing outcomes would you prefer?

Which would you prefer?

• Win the FA Cup - a trophy and a Europa League place, and finish 9th again

Votes: 193 66.8%
  • Finish 4th with a spot in next season's Champion's League

Votes: 82 28.4%
  • I'd forgo both as long as Palace are relegated

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nostradamus didn't do very well, did he?

I find it amazing that so many would swerve the Champions League opportunity which has to be the greatest club competition in the world.

(I'd better stop digging and take the FA Cup win)

It’s a cash cow designed to keep the rich clubs richer. The FA Cup IS the best cup competition in the world. Even last weekend teams were fighting it out to be in the 4th Qualifying round. There is still no other competition that compares to it. To win it would make legends of every player and would rubber stamp a moment in the club’s history.

There’s no open top bus parade and thousands taking to the streets for 4th place.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
First option. Build slowly but with progression. The Albion Way!
Fa Cup win this season finish 9th
Europe league win next season finish 5th.
Champions League games the next season with top 4 finish and then who knows!

Or f*ck it, let’s win the lot this year!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
FA Cup all day long, winning a major trophy would be epic

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is when you consider our current position and form. Even if a couple of seasons a go I said to you we would sell about 6 players for about 150 million then roll up at old trafford and out class them AGAIN you would think I was barmy, so why not shoot for the stars?

The OP has form for this kind of thing, I remember a thread by him after a couple of seasons in the Prem asking have we reached our limit? around 5th from bottom, the answer to that is no and the answer again should be no.
Excuse me, I have form for what exactly? It seems I've asked two hypothetical questions in 4 years.

Meanwhile, this was you: "Wimbledon have won the cup once , so have wigan southampton and many more. I want us to achieve more than these teams". Well how about we match the achievements of those clubs first then eh, you thick clown.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Win the FA Cup and pass on the Europa League place. (Kazakstan on a Thursday night, no thanks).

We’re gonna need a bigger trophy cabinet.

735B5AB6-9199-4849-B775-0C05BE9EC3F8.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
All the poll shows is a lot of fans have not got over the low expectations of the wilderness years. As Mwepu says,if Leicester then why not Brighton?

Do you mean Leicester winning the FA Cup? Cant remember them finishing 4th, or doing anything of note in the Champions League when they were in it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
All the poll shows is a lot of fans have not got over the low expectations of the wilderness years. As Mwepu says,if Leicester then why not Brighton?

You have expectations for more than winning the FA Cup? That's impressive. I don't expect we're going to do either of these things this season, finish fourth or win the FA Cup, but I'm going to enjoy the ride regardless :thumbsup:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I know this thread is just a bit if fun, but if everyone remains fit to a large degree, there are only 3 teams that really should beat us whenever we play them and we just drew away with one of them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
9th and FA Cup win - I barely hesitated. Potentially nothing would EVER top winning a trophy at Wembley. Unthinkably good.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Champions League would be fun, but we'd likely get whupped, and that would be the end of that.

To win the FA Cup though (and then still have Europe to look forward to next season) - that lasts forever, nobody can take that away. To actually see us win a major trophy would be incredible. And it'd be one in the eye for that filth up the road as well.

[edit] AND we can then get those triangular corner flags at the Amex. No brainer.

Agreed. Fourth place might convince a couple of extra players to join us or stay with us but the FA Cup? Yes please. And actually returning from Wembley after winning a game is an experience I'd love to have just once (actually twice after winning the semi).

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
9th and FA Cup win - I barely hesitated. Potentially nothing would EVER top winning a trophy at Wembley. Unthinkably good.

This has to be the correct answer. The only point in football is to try and win something , not finish 4th !

Which is why throwing the Championship title away to Newcastle is still such an annoyance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here