Which club in this division.......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
...has the most deluded set of supporters?

I'm asking the same question on other clubs' forums too. I have my own answer to the question, but I thought it would be interesting to get a fairer suggestion, after asking supporters of each club. I still think my answer will fit with the general consensus, though.

Good luck in your future endeavours (except when you come to Oakwell soon), and bad luck against that lot from down the road yesterday. Could have done with you beating them.

Last edited:

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Everyone's going to be bias though aren't they! Naturally we will all say Palace! But after the last few days you can definitely say Sheffield Wednesday!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Deluded? In what way?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Palace....see EVERY SINGLE ONE of [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] posts on here for proof.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Albion. Seriously, after each transfer window in the Amex era the majority seem to think we are heading for the top 6.

Before each away game the nsc score predictor gives a healthy lead to those saying away win; sadly dashed when the inevitable draw or loss occurs.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My guess is that we will rank quite high for many other clubs at the moment but for me it has to be fans of that "Massive" club, that rate themselves as being deserving of a prem position.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Every club. We're all deluded, but some of us have perspective others don't. I would say Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday ( :lolol: ) have the most deluded on the grounds they think they ARE part of the elite rather than being set up to be.

I liked the Peterborough fans I spoke to, no sense of grandeur and just happy to be at this level and trying to be attacking.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Some of our fans are pretty bad I'm ashmed to say.

Four seasons in the top flight in our entire history, a modern stadium of nearly 30,000, and 3-4 big name signings has all of a sudden made us the giants of the division apparently.

:facepalm:

Every club has a small set of naive fans that don't really know their own clubs history and get caught up in things, rather than just enjoying the moment.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Brighton.

We get two years of good crowds owing to the inevitable new stadium factor and all of a sudden we should we waltzing this league according to some.

(Awaits abuse, I'm so negative, a secret Palace fan etc etc.....)

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Your regular answer thus far fits mine. It's the most popular answer on the forums of the other clubs I've asked, too.

Sheffield MASSIVE Wednesday.

Thanks.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The two messageboards I've scanned regularly for comedy value over the last couple of years are BBS and Owls talk.

On owls talk they seem to think that they're the biggest club that ever existed and have a massive chip on their shoulders about it.

whenever the pa**ce scum get a half decent player they seem to think he's the new encarnation of messi and worth £20 million. They also believe every word that comes out of their spiv chairmans mouth.

To add a bit of balance we have more than our fair share of loonies - even though we've spent most of our history in the bottom two divisions alot of our fans seem to think we're much bigger than we really are.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Palace fans - no way.

Seriously inside they know they are punching above their weight.

After all so many of them sit on wooden seats.

They might think "inside" they are punching above their weight but the deluded bullshit some of their fans come out with.....

Nowhere near as much as the MASSIVE Sheffield Wednesday though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports