Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which alcohol was responsible for your first horrific hangover and how old were you?

Knock Kneed Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
Aged about 15, Black Horse Amberley. I can confirm that whatever that cider was they sold in there lived up to its reputation as "Trouser Varnish"!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Over 30yrs on I still cannot smell the stuff without wanting to throw.

Me too, got p*****d at Beaper Farm on IoW because postmistress didn't think it was alcohol. So we all brought one and necked it, fell asleep outside tent and woke up early am with mild paralysis still. Needless to say cannot stand the stuff and, like you, will barf on smell of it

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think I must have been about 16. I used to work at the Happy Eater at Hickstead and there was an inter Happy Eater football tournament organised. Memory is very vague, but we all ended up in a pub somewhere in the middle of nowhere and I proceeded to get completely and utterly spangled on whisky. Don't remember much about it other than splattering everyone in the minibus home with vomit as I threw up, getting dropped at home and my parents going mental. I was that pissed I didn't actually realise until the next day I'd fractured my wrist diving at someones feet playing in goal!

Now 34 years later, and I still can't abide whisky - even the smell of it makes me queasy :sick:

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't get hangovers I used to confidently claim.

One bottle of wine and some beers at the pub on a tuesday night at the age of 19 changed that.

I still remember that moment waking up and realising, shit, so this is a hangover.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
gin... 15. Given a warning for trying to pull down royal wedding bunting in the lanes at 2am.... according to my partner in crime as I remember next to nothing other than gobbing on people from the middle balcony on the seafront below Marine Parade

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The Yew Tree, Chalvington, summer 1975. A combination of gassy Watneys bitter (to my undying shame) followed by red wine and a roast dinner at my mates house about 1/2 mile up the road. I went out in the garden in order to see my dinner again; whereupon the regurgitated comments of my stomach - and hence the evidence of my indiscretions - were promptly wolfed down by my mate's alsation, Bobby.

Good dog!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tia Maria depth charges into Murphy's, probably about 8 pints of the combination was enough to see me in bed for 2 days…

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
"Champagne cocktails" (cheap fizz and brandy) at a New Year's Eve party at my dad's house, aged 15.

They started out 6 parts fizz to one of brandy, but as the people mixing them got more druink they ended up 50/50.

I threw up voluminously all over the living room carpet in front of all my dad's friends.

Oh, how we laughed. Especially my dad...

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
Pernod on holiday when 16, had a pint of water the next morning and was pissed again! - what is it that makes that happen, a few others have had similar experiences

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Merrydown cider, shit faced and gave that confidence to start sniffing round the opposite sex all night :lol: 15 and they were great days!

I was 20 and had drunk some Harveys and a revolting cocktail that someone had brought with them( I think it contained large quantities of Dubonnet and god knows what else). It gave me the confidence to not only sniff around a girl I'd fancied for about two years but physically grab her. I only have vague memories of that night but I do remember phoning her through my hangover from hell to apologise. She batted it off and asked me out later that week - we ended up going out for about a year, so it all worked out OK

getz

Jan 15, 2010
After viewing too many sophisticated Martini adverts in the early sixties. I took the plunge with a whole evening of drinking sweet Martinis complete with cherries on sticks.After many disapproving looks from my fellow beer drinkers, I toddled outside The Oriental pub to spew a blood like concoction of red Martini and glacé cherries over myself.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am guessing around 14 we as school friends started to get smashed before the youth club disco, sounds slightly worrying but boy what a laugh, as 70's children we had been winning pomagne at the fair since we were ten so no biggie !!!

Our problem was the biggest boy who was most likely to get served in the local offie wasnt the brightest when it came to retaining information, so we would get some odd quantities of the our booze of choice

We would get a selection of Pils Lager ( bottles ) bloody horrible, Martini or Dubonet just down it, Woodpecker Cider do-able and perhaps a few cans of Red Label warm beer from a can eeergh etc.

Pernod and black seemed to feature alot too, but cannot remember buying it from the off license due to its cost, so not sure where the copious amounts of this came from.

Fond memories and most of us survived the tobacco and under age boozing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here