Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which alcohol was responsible for your first horrific hangover and how old were you?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Another pernod sufferer here. Can't remember the exact reason, it may have been a staff party at the Peacehaven Wimpy bar where I worked when I was 15. Anyway I was bad enough for my mother to stick a bowl next to my bed which was well used that night. Unfortunately I used to keep my old vinyl records not far from my bed and the record next to the bowl got a good splattering - still have it today, Theatre of Hate's Nero, complete with the cover splashed with my teenage chunder.

On a side note at the same time we had a greyhound who was very partial to lager much to the chagrin of my stepdad who'd put his pint glass down on the floor only to find it virtually empty about five minutes later, whereupon said greyhound got up staggered a few yards then collapsed. The following day it lay on the sofa with its paws over his head growling at anybody who came near. I sympathised a lot.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
On a side note at the same time we had a greyhound who was very partial to lager much to the chagrin of my stepdad who'd put his pint glass down on the floor only to find it virtually empty about five minutes later, whereupon said greyhound got up staggered a few yards then collapsed. The following day it lay on the sofa with its paws over his head growling at anybody who came near. I sympathised a lot.

My grandparents had a boxer who was partial to Guinness. One evening, my Grandfather decided to see how much it would drink. Quite a bit as it turns out. Enough for him to decide to climb the curtains. My Grandfather and I simply watched him climb up about half way, whereupon he started howling. My Grandmother heard this from the kitchen and came in to investigate, just the point that the pole fixings gave way. Down came the dog with the curtains all around him. I'd never seen anyone cry with laughter before, but my Grandfather did so that night. My Grandmother was somewhat less amused, as, I imagine, was the dog.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
About half a litre of neat vodka on New Years Eve. Then we played Charlton away on New Years Day - about the worst possible match under the circumstances: an early goal from Gary O'Reilly, followed by them besieging us for the next 89 minutes and all in the freezing cold. Sheer torture.

I was there with a stinking hangover that day too

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It seemed to me that nearly every time me and my bruv went out at the weekends in the 70s and 80s we always woke up next morning with a hell of a hangover and vomiting no matter what we drank the night before - vodka, beer, cider it didn't matter. If we had anything over 6 pints that was it. But we just couldn't stop at 6 pints could we, we had to carry on drinking until the end of the night. That was going out on the town in Brighton was for. Great times, it still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My grandparents had a boxer who was partial to Guinness. One evening, my Grandfather decided to see how much it would drink. Quite a bit as it turns out. Enough for him to decide to climb the curtains. My Grandfather and I simply watched him climb up about half way, whereupon he started howling. My Grandmother heard this from the kitchen and came in to investigate, just the point that the pole fixings gave way. Down came the dog with the curtains all around him. I'd never seen anyone cry with laughter before, but my Grandfather did so that night. My Grandmother was somewhat less amused, as, I imagine, was the dog.

:lolol:

I have just pictured that in my mind and found myself laughing uncontrollably.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Drank scotch from a bottle at a party when I was 16. Now I cannot even smell it without feeling bad.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Port, aged 2. Needed my stomach pumped as I drank 3/4 of a bottle. My first living memory is of sitting on the middle back seat of my dads car and being slapped across the face, repeatedly and not understanding why. Not that I remember but I'm sure I had a hangover.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Belgian/French lager '33 Record' on the Herald of Free Enterprise en route through the night after seeing The Jam in Belgium April 1982. First time I got drunk, probably only three or four pints. Felt rough for about 48 hours. Should've learnt my lesson. (Didn't).

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Haig whiskey; was supposed to play a county match the following day, that wasn't going to happen i couldn't stand till late morning without vomiting the last remaining bile i had. No whiskey has passed my lips in 17 years hence.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Some Ibizan liqueur called Yerbas. I was warned not to have more than two but at 16 thought I was bullet proof. I got mangled from the feet up, so when I went get off the bar stool to walk away I just fell over. The next day(first day of my holiday) was a write off

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
(Much of) a half bottle of Lamb's Navy Tum, aged 14.

Ugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here