Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which alcohol was responsible for your first horrific hangover and how old were you?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Lolz. Quite possibly.

I drunk an entire bottle of whisky (well, minus two measures) aged four and a half after necking the bottle found on the kitchen breakfast table that had been opened for a nightcap the night before. I was found in a pool of sick at the bottom of the stairs at 6 in the morning when the 4 year old girl I'd gone to get a drink with raised the alarm...

I was in a coma for 3 days, with the hospital preparing my parents for the worst, as I was given a 50/50 chance of survival. Three months later, at school sports day, my sweat still STANK of booze. :lolol:

Simster - do you reckon that might have eradicated your comedy senses at the same time? :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
16 or 17, at a mates girlfriends housewarming party.

I chugged several cans of Stella, before making the fateful decision to start ploughing through a bottle of Vodka, neat. I passed out on the upstairs landing, before eventually regaining conciousness and vomitting copiously all down the (then carpetless) stairs. I made my sincere apologies to her, along with some vague promises about cleaning it up later, before I staggered out of the front door and was promptly sent sprawling as I tripped over a stone hedgehog, grazing my hands and knees.

I still don't remember how I got home or how long it took, and I never did clear up the mess. Oddly I don't recall ever being invited there again, and I know for a FACT they had loads of parties.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Cider. Some point in my early teens. Not drunk more than a pint at anyone time since!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Went round a mates house on Sunday afternoon after his parents had a party the previous evening we found a quantity of tins of Barley Wine and decided to drink them all,suffice to say my Sunday lunch re-appeared some hours later and left me with a thunderstorm of a headache for college the next morning,was sixteen at the time,I can still taste and smell the evil stuff even now.Gold label Barley Wine!!..Aaaarrrrgh!!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Woodpecker cider/ party seven in the early days and later bottle of gin can't touch or even smell makes me feel:sick:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Tennents Super.... Beacon Centre Hassocks aged about 15 i guess.

The sight of the can still makes me feel rank.

...growing up in Hurstpierpoint mine was the Beacon centre in Hassocks too, vodka and orange and they called my mum to come and get me, she put a bin liner on my lap in case I was sick in her car , I was 15...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Pimms at a parents party 14 or 15 I guess. Absolutely wasted, thankfully I can't remember but apparently ended up running around outside neighbours front gardens. I do remember the next day though!

spellfast

Jul 14, 2011
Stone Cross
I had a drink that was only out for a short while, I think, called Kilroy?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...growing up in Hurstpierpoint mine was the Beacon centre in Hassocks too, vodka and orange and they called my mum to come and get me, she put a bin liner on my lap in case I was sick in her car , I was 15...

Ah the Beacon, marvellous scenes. Always enjoyed a bit of slap and tickle round the back. :lolol: :cheers:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In response to the post by [MENTION=13655]Ludensian Gull[/MENTION] in the "What's lurking in your drinks cabinet?" thread, I thought this might be worth a pop.

For me it was most of a bottle of Dubonnet, aged 15. Haven't touched the stuff since - can still remember the sickly coating on my teeth.

Budweiser, vodka and orange and (indirectly) B52.

My mate at school - great lad and Brighton fan - was somewhat larger than the rest of us. Also a very talented rugby player and American Footballer who went over to the States and played High School. At the time Brighton had an American Football team called the B52s who played at Withdean. i went to a couple of training sessions for their youth team before my friend knackered my knee when I tackled HIM. I transferred from player to fan while he played for the adult team.

Around about the time this was happening I was 15. It was the 4th of July and the B52s had a party for Independence Day after a game. Everyone KNEW my friend was 15 but he also looked 21 so no one had too many qualms about serving him at a private party. A private party that was at Withdean. Our first drink was Bud. Our second was vodka and orange (just in case of passing snoops). And so on and so on. One Bud with a "respectable" orange juice just in case (actually laced with Smirnoff). And so on. And so on.

At the end of the evening my friend left with the players relatively unscathed. I was put in a taxi with someone they felt could look after me. By Snaky Hill I was hanging out of the cab window. I can't have decorated the cab for no further bill turned up but i cannot remember anything else after opening the windows. Apparently I chundered in my mother's hydrangers. I chundered on the stairs. Then I passed out in my puke. At some point one of my long suffering parents found me and put me to bed, presumably my dad who likes a shant or five. My mother would likely have disinherited me there and then.

Sadly Dad's cover up was to no avail. I had a "Trainspotting" moment in my bed and spent the entire Sunday in the garden puking in to a rose bush. I don't touch vodka these days and feel queasy even near the proper Czech version of Bud.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Pernod when I was about 19, ill for two days

Yep was a very popular in eighties the old Pernod and black, remember chucking that stuff up in the top rank , my mate kicked open the fire exits door and pushed me outside in the cold which made me worse ill for next couple days it seem to have that effect in your teens ,never touched the stuff since the smell of it just reminds of sick.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I was 13/14 and had 3 mugs of whisky, gin and red wine. I still can't drink whisky or gin :whisky::sick:

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
16, Teachers whiskey at a house party.

Last memory of the night was falling over, seeing the bottle of Teachers and lunging wildly for it. Woke up in the morning in my friends brothers bed minus trousers, walked into the main room where everyone had kipped to moans and exclamations of "oh, here he is." Turned out i had puked on my trousers, puked on their budgie, snogged the dog and puked in to its mouth and then passed out smiling like a gimp. I had a 4 mile long walk of shame in just my pants and a spanking hangover for company.

Never touched blended whiskey again...

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Cognac given me to me as a fourth year by the school prefect at Brighton college. Last thing he said to me after handing me half a pint of the stuff was 'don't skull it'

Necked the whole lot..........did not end well

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
To much Bacardi, aged 17 can't remember how much but still hate the smell of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here