Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where were you born (Sussex born people ignore this thread)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm nominally Dirty Leeds.

I could even hear matchdays from my street until I moved at 10, living just off Elland Road (it's a long road).

Stayed near Leeds until university.

Never been to Elland Road stadium.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry Zef, but from Denmark Hill your nearest team would be Millwall, not Charlton. Alternatively you could go National South and have Dulwich Hamlet.

Depends I guess.
Being born in Denmark hill could just be Kings hospital (2 of my 3 kids were born there) which despite being in Lambeth. also covers people living much closer to Lewisham.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Born in Solihull and my Dad used to take me to watch Birmingham City.

I saw Trevor Francis make his debut, aged 16.

We moved to Sussex when I was 10 and my new friends were Albion fans - I got taken to the Goldstone and was hooked.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Born in Oxford, moved to Fontainebleau aged six weeks, then Germany aged 1. Lived overseas till age 10 when I came to boarding school in Sussex.

John Radcliffe??

I was born there. Both parents from Brighton.

Would be supporting Oxford (if fact I did enjoy a brief flirtation in the '80s)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sorry Zef, but from Denmark Hill your nearest team would be Millwall, not Charlton. Alternatively you could go National South and have Dulwich Hamlet.

I have an old Players Navy cut box with the address of my Great grandparents Off license, which is North of Brockley . . .definitely closer to Charlton. I have a photo of my Grandmother and her sister standing outside, must be mid late 1920's

Its my mothers cousin who is Denmark Hill.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Born in Nantwich so Crewe Alex I suppose although only team I ever saw up North was Northwich Victoria.

Was a Rugby League Fan (Widnes as I worked there, Jonathan Davies era) until moving Daan Sarf in 1995.

Mrs Jakarta was born in Lagos so no idea who her local team would have been!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whilst born in Sussex, if we go to the nearest ground to the hospital I was born in...then Portsmouth.

#twats

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Depends I guess.
Being born in Denmark hill could just be Kings hospital (2 of my 3 kids were born there) which despite being in Lambeth. also covers people living much closer to Lewisham.

My granmothers brother lived in one of the henrich zrubec designed flats from new . . . . her son ( my mums cousin ) now owns it. just opposite the park south of Kings.

I aslo found the house in ZA on google maps were my Nan lived, and father was brought up, they came to England in 1954, and Dad was sent to boarding school on IoW.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Virtually equidistant from WHU, AFC & THFC.

Thankfully i made the right choice.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Derby, Derby. I move to Brighton in about 94 when I was 22, watched a fair few games at the Goldstone, none at Gillingham as you may expect and then loads at Withdean, I used to like going to Withdean :) Was vicariously involved with the club during the build up to new stadium.... Think I joined up here at that point.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Born in Louth Lincolnshire , nearest league team to me was Grimsby .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cockfosters (Yes really!)

Could have chosen Barnet, Arsenal or Spurs.

But we left when I was 6 months old so probably not aware at the time :)

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Tonbridge. In fact, my first live football experience was going to watch the mighty Angels play at the old Angel ground with my Dad and bro when I was very young back in 1970-something. No idea who against or what the score was (probably 0-0), but the experience is imprinted on my memory. Still keep an eye out, and was thrilled to see them on the telly in the FA cup a few weeks back. Of course, when they do (inevitably) hit the big time, I'll be able to say I was with them through thick and thin throughout their glorious journey!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Wembley. So QPR. I'd have been happy with that. Good days and bad days. Decent ground. I actually use to see them a few times a season when living in West London.

We moved to Rottingdean when I was three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here