Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where were you born (Sussex born people ignore this thread)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Millwall for my sins.
This the closest ground to where I was born, we moved to Brighton when I was young.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I was born in Gloucester but Gloucester and Cheltenham both had non-league teams back then so it would have been Bristol City for me. However I never really had the means or any interest in supporting a team or attending any games until I moved to Worthing in ‘83 when I was 18, then I started supporting Brighton. Now I live in Exmouth so Exeter City is the nearest club, but my heart will forever be with Brighton.

That is spookily close to me. I was born in Gloucester and moved to Worthing in 1983:eek::mad:

I was a little older than 18 and now live in Australia, but otherwise spot on!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Born in Lambeth, so Palace. Mum and Dad Brixtonians, but never Palace. Grandfather's - Kingston Jamaica, and Whitechapel (Spurs, but as he got older he reckoned you should enjoy football as an art form, as supporting one team could make you hate the followers of others - domestic or international).

I was born in Elephant, east of Lambeth, I think you will find that The Den is the nearest league football ground.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Worthingite.

My kids were born in Lambeth/Lewisham and lived in Bromley for most of their lives,
Fortunately they understand that you don't necessarily have to follow your local team.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Cars-halton, moved to Sussex when I was seven. Nearest Wimbledon, my dad took me to one match but cannot remember a thing I only know because he told me! Isthmian daze.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Hmmm...the picture is building. We've had date of birth in "how many days old are you"; we now have place of birth. When is the "what's your mother's maiden name" thread going to appear?

Washington DC - so now it would be DC United but not sure what it was when I was born. If it had to be a UK professional team, it would be Plymouth.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ve put this thread on ignore for true Sussex folk.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
My dad told me my closest team would have been QPR but years later I worked out that Chelsea was equidistant from our home where I lived as a baby.
So it could have been either team.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another born in Exeter. 12 whole months spanning 2 decades was enough to make Exeter City my second team to the Albion since school.

I was born in Shoreham, my mother in Rustington, my father in Cape Town. . . My mum was adopted, all her family (maternal, natural and adopted bizarrely) were saaf East London. Brockley, is a kbown adress, So Charlton FC. Those we still know are still local, Denmark Hill . . . Perilously close to hell!

Sorry Zef, but from Denmark Hill your nearest team would be Millwall, not Charlton. Alternatively you could go National South and have Dulwich Hamlet.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Darlington though neither of my parents are from there, just my dad had a short-term contract there at the time. Then as a toddler moved to west London, then south London, then to Brighton as a young adult where I've been ever since. So a bit of everywhere! My dad wasn't into football at all so no team to "inherit" from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here