[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Yoda

English & European
Liverpool may not even need to outbid Chelsea. After last season's rapacious asset grabbing by Chelsea, perhaps TB is no keener to sell to Chelsea than the rest of us? Whatever, it'll still be a lot of money, a huge profit, and conclusive evidence that we won't stand in a player's way if he wants to move to a big club, one that is playing in European competitions.
I live in hope!
The only trouble is that with Liverpool, a direct rival (Europa League)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG-20230810-WA0014.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Since 2001 (when Caicedo was born)

Chelsea
Premier League wins: 5
Champions League wins: 2 (from 3 final appearances)
FA Cup wins: 5 (from 10 appearances)

Liverpool
Premier League wins: 1
Champions League wins: 2 (from 5 final appearances)
FA Cup wins: 3 (from 4 appearances)

Over his lifetime, Chelsea have been more successful and with a lot of Liverpool's success skewing later (their prem win and 3 of their CL finals were in the last 5 years), most of Liverpool's success has been later and Chelsea's has been during/closer to his more formative years in football.

Plus, as others have said, more money and London.
All of that but also as Tim Vickery said, Ngolo Kante is his hero so he grew up watching a lot of Chelsea and they also have a Spanish speaking South American, big name manager.

I know we don’t like Chelsea, I can’t stand them, and to me they are no where near the size and class of United, Liverpool or Arsenal but to a lot of foreign and British kids (including mine) they are a really big club.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
All part of the game. It's not dirty just a little sneaky.
We don’t want to sell, so why would we leak a fake deal that makes it more likely Chelsea will bid what we want?

Some people seem to be going with the fact we WANT to sell Moises for 100m, that isn’t the case but being Brighton, all our players have a price on their head, everyone involved in the club knows that. Sad, but true.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Surprised about the rumoured Liverpool bid.

When they were linked with Bellingham it was Klopp (I think) stated that such money was available but they were reluctant to chuck it at one player.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Liverpool really need a player in the Caicedo mould and, as the window's gone on, that's become more urgent with other departures. Will serve Chelsea right if messing around all summer comes back to bite them. I wonder if they're getting cold feet on the financial front anyway... could see them using funds to panic buy another striker now Nkunku is out for a while.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Seems that there's lots of smoke this morning. I don't think anyone can see Liverpool paying what we would expect to receive. If Kane does go to BM, would they be able to afford another signing of that size?
So will today be the day that Chelsea finally put the rumoured 'acceptable' offer of £100m+ in? Or will they wait it out and hope we blink first?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Surprised about the rumoured Liverpool bid.

When they were linked with Bellingham it was Klopp (I think) stated that such money was available but they were reluctant to chuck it at one player.
That was pre Henderson and Fabinho to the Gilead league though, (I think) so they've plenty of cash for transfers and wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports