Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also, wtf? You get to join up with your World Cup winning mate, whose game you know so well. I think this 'preferring Chelsea' guff means 'Chelsea have already offered out player a very agreeable contract, let's see what Liverpool have got'?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bit more than that. Pedro, Igor, Dahoud, Milner, Verbruggen - all improve the squad in their own ways IMO (at the moment, need to wait and see how they all bed into De Zerbi's system). Kudus TBC.

And then there's potentially promising youngsters - Atom, Mazilu - who I suspect could see Prem time this season.

And that's all before we consider players who've returned from loan, such as Adingra. We have a stronger, deeper squad today than we had when the window opened. And in terms of "first pick" losses, at the moment it's only Alexis and I'm not too concerned about that as I think we have youngsters who will develop well to replace him. If/when we lose Caicedo - that's a concern, not sure we have anyone in the squad who immediately steps up to that standard.
Oops, I forgot Dahoud. An even better window than I thought when I posted then.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
Also, wtf? You get to join up with your World Cup winning mate, whose game you know so well. I think this 'preferring Chelsea' guff means 'Chelsea have already offered out player a very agreeable contract, let's see what Liverpool have got'?
I have battle going on in my head at the moment, i want him to stay and i also want him to go to Liverpool to p#ss Chelsea off.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Plus if you were his agent doing his job correctly you would say that to entice the bidding club to put a better offer on the table for your client.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I’m hoping that City or PSG join the party.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh please. Let him go to Liverpool. Anyone other than Chelsea. That is if he 100% isn’t staying (which clearly I’d prefer).
I think I might even prefer him to go to Liverpool now than stay - he's going to leave sometime, and if he stays now we're going to have this bloody Chelsea-trying-to-be-Brighton saga dragged out every transfer window. Even if Liverpool only outbid Chelsea by going to £80,000,001 it would still be a massive profit and very good business - and oh the joy of all those Chelsea fans causing Tw*tter to melt!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why on earth would he prefer Chelsea?
Since 2001 (when Caicedo was born)

Chelsea
Premier League wins: 5
Champions League wins: 2 (from 3 final appearances)
FA Cup wins: 5 (from 10 appearances)

Liverpool
Premier League wins: 1
Champions League wins: 2 (from 5 final appearances)
FA Cup wins: 3 (from 4 appearances)

Over his lifetime, Chelsea have been more successful and with a lot of Liverpool's success skewing later (their prem win and 3 of their CL finals were in the last 5 years), most of Liverpool's success has been later and Chelsea's has been during/closer to his more formative years in football.

Plus, as others have said, more money and London.

albionite

May 20, 2009

“We want to invest in a high-performance center in Santo Domingo, which will bear the name of Moisés Caicedo, that money is important, and it will be used for our boys.

“When Moisés was here (on vacation) I talked to him and told him about this idea, he was happy.”

Will be more than his agent having words in his ear for a big payday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So do i, went to Stamford Bridge a couple of times in the 70s when the Albion where playing some distance away.(could not afford to go) horrible fans.And some right nasty players.
They were as bad in 67 when we went to Stamford Bridge for the FA cup replay. Nasty racist entitled fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

“We want to invest in a high-performance center in Santo Domingo, which will bear the name of Moisés Caicedo, that money is important, and it will be used for our boys.

“When Moisés was here (on vacation) I talked to him and told him about this idea, he was happy.”

Will be more than his agent having words in his ear for a big payday.
That's interesting. Espoli still own 5% of his rights.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here