Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Barber said his (Moises) value was £150 million plus. Press conference.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
For some reason that I don't think he will be going. Maybe it's some of his comments about being settled and happy at Brighton, but then they all say that, maybe it's seeing TB talking about the budget all going on the transfer window and me thinking expensive players will demand high wages why not keep Mosies on high wages. Then there is Chelsea, why would he want to go there at the moment? Sure, given a few years they will have sorted their shit out, but the chances are they will finish below us for a couple of seasons. If Chelsea are serious that Arsenal wont out bid them this could get too expensive for both teams, and again if Chelsea put in the highest bid why would Moises agree to go. Guess we will wait and see, one thing for sure if we do sell it is going to be a massive pay day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For some reason that I don't think he will be going. Maybe it's some of his comments about being settled and happy at Brighton, but then they all say that, maybe it's seeing TB talking about the budget all going on the transfer window and me thinking expensive players will demand high wages why not keep Mosies on high wages. Then there is Chelsea, why would he want to go there at the moment? Sure, given a few years they will have sorted their shit out, but the chances are they will finish below us for a couple of seasons. If Chelsea are serious that Arsenal wont out bid them this could get too expensive for both teams, and again if Chelsea put in the highest bid why would Moises agree to go. Guess we will wait and see, one thing for sure if we do sell it is going to be a massive pay day.
Would be nice. But I think they'll be back to their usual perch by October end.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I didn't see it myself but he was filmed in tears after our last game. Farewell tears.

Are you suggesting perhaps that he was pushed?

Even if it was merely 'transfer to Liverpool? Not bovvered', why were we so keen to take £35 mill for Mac when we turned down £75 mill for Moises, and at the time Mac was on a long term contract and Moises wasn't?

Whatever has gone on behind the scenes, I suspect that our owner has a picture in his head, and a plan for everything. I have no idea what it is, but am a very long way from being so emboldened I'd even begin to question it.

Given Tony's money to play with, if I had been in charge of the club these last 10 years I can guarantee we'd be feeling lucky to be in the bottom half of the Championship. Do you think it it were you we'd be playing in the CL final later today rather than Citeh?

Sorry, I don't wish to have a go but it saddens me that people waste time and energy effectively criticising the club right now. I would imagine that on the eve of the Hereford game you were either in a locked room on 24 hour suicide watch, or scouring disreputable Kemp Town pubs in search of a gun. :wink:
Thanks

SteveU

May 31, 2022
To carry on playing at the level and quality of this season you need to have an entire squad that unwaveringly want to be at the club.

If we lose a couple of players that are chasing the money or heads are turned, so be it.

A lot of trust in the club to back DeZerbi in the market, spend the money wisely and go again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think all hell could break loose when the window opens on Wednesday in terms of Chelsea’s transfer strategy.

They need to process a number of sales in the next few weeks to meet FFP criteria but it seems that Manure and City want ultra cheap bargains with Mount and Kovacic and will take them all the way. Milan and Madrid will also smell blood and will be after Loftus-Cheek and Havertz at bargain basement prices.

All the while, Mr Toad is eyeing the players he wants to bring in including our boy Caicedo. Could Arsenal steal a march on them in June as they are concentrating on sales? I think we have an excellent opportunity to create a bidding war and benefit exceptionally well. We could get £20m more than the offer Arsenal made in January.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Part of me expects Bloom to come out of any negotiation with Chelsea with a stack of cash, Colwill as a permanent signing, and Mudryk on a season-long loan. I probably need to adjust my expectations tbf.
All of that, plus Boehly’s best car, holiday mansion in the Caribbean, multi-million dollar boat, wife, daughter and favourite watch which Boehly was wearing at the time :laugh: :laugh:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Brighton’s Moises Caicedo is another central-midfield option, but Newcastle are not in a position to go anywhere close to the £80m that the Seagulls are currently demanding for the Ecuador international, who is currently much more likely to end up at Arsenal."

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
"Brighton’s Moises Caicedo is another central-midfield option, but Newcastle are not in a position to go anywhere close to the £80m that the Seagulls are currently demanding for the Ecuador international, who is currently much more likely to end up at Arsenal."

He's not an option then, is he?

What an utterly pointless thing to write. I thought journalists had to do several years of study and training?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Newcastle supposedly have less than £80 million to spend this summer, so we can definitely discount them. Although I guess If they sell Bruno G then Moises might become an option.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Newcastle supposedly have less than £80 million to spend this summer, so we can definitely discount them. Although I guess If they sell Bruno G then Moises might become an option.
Why is that?

Surely the Champions League money should increase their budget.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Annoyingly, he is better than Rice (in many ways) but we’ll probably not get as much in. Declan is probably the most overrated player in the EPL right now. Watching Moises school him on the art of playing midfield was amazing at the Amex this season.
Not home grown though, is he. You can add £50m to Rice’s price tag because he’s a home grown England player and a media darling.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why on earth do people believe what the hierarchy at Newcastle are saying about their transfer budget...?

People do know who owns Newcastle and their "honesty" reputation....?...( :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: )

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Not home grown though, is he. You can add £50m to Rice’s price tag because he’s a home grown England player and a media darling.
He has to be pretty close to home grown though? He signed early 2021. I know he hit 21 years old recently but he must have been close to being homegrown? Maybe someone else knows the math better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here