Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Wasn’t Coutihno £142M to Barca ?

Screenshot 2023-08-14 084649.png

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Once it's formally announced by the club, is there any chance we could get the thread locked, otherwise it's going to get bumped every weekend when he has a decent game or god forbid score a goal?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Once it's formally announced by the club, is there any chance we could get the thread locked, otherwise it's going to get bumped every weekend when he has a decent game or god forbid score a goal?
Or you could just ignore it.

Like, you know how you clicked into the thread, wrote that message and then hit 'Post reply' ? Just don't do that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What about the loss of schadenfreude in that case if he gets an own goal, is sent off or simply has a stinker?

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
My final thoughts on this matter:

I really did not want for our beloved club to do any more business with Chelsea and was really angry and dismayed that even a few of our own supporters were writing that we should compromise and sell him at their (second or third) valuation of £90 million. Having come so far in thwarting both Arsenal and then Chelsea from filleting us of our best players, it would have been demeaning. I am still angry with their attitude.

However, thank goodness we have come out of this with both integrity and pride intact... as well as a lot of money to help secure the future; and after all we only have to play Chelsea twice in the league, and I am indifferent to the outcome of the rest of their season as long as it doesn't affect us....

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

I really did not want for our beloved club to do any more business with Chelsea and was really angry and dismayed that even a few of our own supporters were writing that we should compromise and sell him at their (second or third) valuation of £90 million. Having come so far in thwarting both Arsenal and then Chelsea from filleting us of our best players, it would have been demeaning. I am still angry with their attitude.

However, thank goodness we have come out of this with both integrity and pride intact... as well as a lot of money to help secure the future; and after all we only have to play Chelsea twice in the league, and I am indifferent to the outcome of the rest of their season as long as it doesn't affect us....
I think another fun take was people saying we had to sell or would struggle to attract players for fear of us holding them hostage.

As it happens. Caicedo got his move, everyone got loads of money and another player has been developed by Brighton and moved to a giant. This summer we have sold three young men we developed as footballers to powerhouses. Plus we developed colwill who got a nice new contract and into Chelsea.

I find it hard to think of a club who would be more attractive to young starlets of world football.

Our model is working. Let’s keep going.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn’t Coutihno £142M to Barca ?
£105 million plus £37 in what was reported as realistic add ons.
I'm sure Dembele and João Felix were more as well
Felix was £113 million, Dembele £97 million plus £35m in add ons.

The list on most sites appears to be just done on the basic fee as no one is sure how many of the add on clauses are ever met.

Where Caicedo fits in this list depends on if the deal is £115m up front or £100m + £15m in add ons as some reports say. But it’s still one of the biggest transfer fees ever paid.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Happy he has offically gone now, and we can move on with the players that want to be here. If he had stayed we would have had to put up with this sh!t again in January, Chelsea are welcome to his parasite agent.

What ever the actual money is that Brighton get, I know it will get ivested back in to the club one way or another. That's the peace of mind you get when you know the owner only wants to do what is best for the club.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Had the privilege of speaking at Seagulls Over London last night, clearly the demographic in the room was on average well over 50 something long time Albion fans but the consensus of opinion was it was time to get rid, even if it meant just getting under the alleged asking price.

One thing we’ve all learnt from this sorry saga then, Seagulls over London members don’t have a f*cking clue what they are talking about… Cheers Lenny

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I get this.

“At this point I, and I’d imagine the majority of the Albion faithful, would accept something around the £90m mark.”

Something very wrong the author’s imagination. I imagine that the majority of the Albion faithful thought we had a £100m valuation and wanted that. As usual though, our owner was a step ahead and clearly wanted a lot more.

And as for this cliched nonsense….what an embarrassing mess:

“It’s one of Tony Bloom’s overriding qualities that his stance over transfer to the perceived bigger clubs is that of legend, but there comes a time when a line has to be drawn.”

The lesson to the author is that Tony Bloom always draws the line. Not you. Ever.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Keep unearthing the gems!
That’s the key for me. All this talk of who do we buy doesn’t take into account that 18 months ago Caicedo was at the club but unknown, whilst Bissouma was in the 1st team. I have no more interest in the Chelsea kid. He didn’t play for us for long enough to have a connection with our club and his departure was bloody disrespectful. I am pleased his fee will further enhance our recruitment strategy.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
One thing we’ve all learnt about from saga then, Seagulls over London members don’t have a f*cking clue what they are talking about… Cheers Lenny
I wonder if they think there is still a chance that we might sign Colwill...... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Please don't be angry with me 🙏 it's just an opinion on money that I don't get to see or spend. I'll be watching the Albion whether we're in the Champions or the Banarama League so it's really not worth getting angry about an opinion.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Please don't be angry with me 🙏 it's just an opinion on money that I don't get to see or spend. I'll be watching the Albion whether we're in the Champions or the Banarama League so it's really not worth getting angry about an opinion.
If your opinion has the effect of undermining strength and pride in our club, I cannot avoid getting angry. As it didn't work, I will soon get over it..... In the meantime, does this attitude seem familiar?

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I really don' care how much money we got for him. I'm just gutted he won't be seen in an Albion shirt again.
Give your head a wobble he’s just another of the group of mercenary footballers who don’t care where he plays as long as it’s for top dollar.
Eventually football will implode no one I repeat no one in any trade is worth (allegedly ) £250k per week is he doing any good like curing cancer?
No he’s kicking a ball for a very rich American.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here