Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Apologies if this takes the thread off subject, but Ecuador seems a pretty grim place at the moment with corruption rife in Government and criminal gangs seemingly doing as they please. For a young man whose family are over there and who he loves dearly, it must weigh on his mind on top of transfer manipulations.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think Caicedo has behaved well, and he has been brilliant, honest and hard working for us. We know as much about what he thinks about this whole saga as we know about what Tony will and will not do.

Let's not start to let our emotions be led by agents and disingenuous influencers like Romano and that Ben bloke off twitter. Moises has been brilliant, and if the window closes and he's still here then I think we can be guaranteed that he'll want to play for us and play well.

Any anti-Moises feeling just plays into Chelsea's hands.

#TeamMoises

He's a good lad.
Yeah this is it.

Nothing against Caicedo. He's done his job well for us, forgiving an occasional moment where his head has been swivelled.

Chelsea, Chelsea fans, Romano and by extension the rest of the smartass half-wit football commentators on Twitter who wouldn't be able to find Brighton on a f***ing map even if the map was of the Brighton and Hove area can get straight in the sewage filled sea and f***ing stay there.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He signed a new deal in January and since then has pretty much started every game for us , performances so good/committed that they earned him player of the season and players players of the season. The club is now likely to - in line with its strategy and something they've been very clear about accepting - pull in £100m or thereabouts profit for him in only a couple of years. And now - to protect the player and their asset they've probably both mutually agreed to keep him out of the squad for the first game of the season.
So er, no.
The fee would have to be over £125 million-ish to make a £100 million profit. We will have a Sell-On bill to pay of 20% !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He signed a new deal in January and since then has pretty much started every game for us , performances so good/committed that they earned him player of the season and players players of the season. The club is now likely to - in line with its strategy and something they've been very clear about accepting - pull in £100m or thereabouts profit for him in only a couple of years. And now - to protect the player and their asset they've probably both mutually agreed to keep him out of the squad for the first game of the season.
So er, no.

I think Caicedo has behaved well, and he has been brilliant, honest and hard working for us. We know as much about what he thinks about this whole saga as we know about what Tony will and will not do.

Let's not start to let our emotions be led by agents and disingenuous influencers like Romano and that Ben bloke off twitter. Moises has been brilliant, and if the window closes and he's still here then I think we can be guaranteed that he'll want to play for us and play well.

#TeamMoises

He's a good lad.
For goodness sake, why inject rationality into the conversation when we all feel so emotional!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Tony don't give a shit, I'm thinking. Pay the clearly-inflated £100m. Or don't. It'll be £150m this time next year. In the end some petro-nation will pay whatever Tony asks. Whether the player is worth anywhere near that amount or whether he isn't (**spoiler alert: he isn't)
Clearly inflated??? These twats paid £107m for an inferior player with NO experience of the PL. Comparatively, MC is worth a huge chunk more. Spoiler alert... I don't want Caicedo playing for any other TOXIC SIX side this season. They're all SHIT

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Anyone sick of the moody kid from Ecuador, signs a new deal and then can’t be arsed to play f*** him.

Yeah kind of. What I find weird is that when Trossard and Sanchez have done the ‘Toys out the pram and refusing to play’ thing, they were hounded by the fans.

Caicedo appears to have done this twice now, Jan and now, and people are falling over themselves to make excuses for him.

That’s not listening to blokes off twitter, that’s from not seeing him in squads for games and not in the recent Media day photos or the training pictures. If it turns out he really as a hamstring injury then I apologise for besmirching his good name, but nobody really believes that do they?

SeaGullBum

Aug 4, 2023
It's gotten to the point now I couldn't give a rats arse if he stays or goes now, if he stays great, but it'll be 6-7 months then the whole circus starts again.

If He had an Agent that was looking out for him, he'd of got a Release Clause when he signed a new deal.

If he goes, fine we'll find another Gem abroad, and we'll build and move on. Shit is getting tiring.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's gotten to the point now I couldn't give a rats arse if he stays or goes now, if he stays great, but it'll be 6-7 months then the whole circus starts again.

If He had an Agent that was looking out for him, he'd of got a Release Clause when he signed a new deal.

If he goes, fine we'll find another Gem abroad, and we'll build and move on. Shit is getting tiring.
maybe they wanted a release but we said no , it looks like he is motivated by money so probably not that much of a sticking point

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m beginning to hope he goes in the next few days really. It would be better for all concerned because we don’t want all this again in January.
Moises OUT !!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah kind of. What I find weird is that when Trossard and Sanchez have done the ‘Toys out the pram and refusing to play’ thing, they were hounded by the fans.

Caicedo appears to have done this twice now, Jan and now, and people are falling over themselves to make excuses for him.

That’s not listening to blokes off twitter, that’s from not seeing him in squads for games and not in the recent Media day photos or the training pictures. If it turns out he really as a hamstring injury then I apologise for besmirching his good name, but nobody really believes that do they?
Because there is no evidence that Moises has refused to play. It literally comes from a whispering campaign by plastic Chelsea twitterers. We wouldn’t be stupid enough to fall for that, would we ?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Because there is no evidence that Moises has refused to play. It literally comes from a whispering campaign by plastic Chelsea twitterers. We wouldn’t be stupid enough to fall for that, would we ?
There is evidence. He would have played in that friendly against Vallecano, I also think he would definitely have featured in some of the online photos from the media day and training today - even if it was only him in the gym working on stuff around the hamstring if that were true.

The admin can go get whatever photos he needs and they know that would have shut everyone up. I think they would have done that if they could have.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

#TeamMoises

He's a good lad.
Agreed. The ONLY negative thing (that I’ve seen anyway) that has purportedly come from him directly was the post in the Jan window, but even that was clearly written by someone else and he naively put it up ‘on advice’ from his agents.

Actually feel a bit sorry for him - I bet if you did manage to speak to him alone he’d tell you all he wants to do is play football.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There is evidence. He would have played in that friendly against Vallecano, I also think he would definitely have featured in some of the online photos from the media day and training today - even if it was only him in the gym working on stuff around the hamstring if that were true.

The admin can go get whatever photos he needs and they know that would have shut everyone up. I think they would have done that if they could have.
I don’t think the club feel the need to shut up a load of people gossiping on the internet. They said he had a hamstring strain for the friendly. Nobody would have queried that at any other time. None of it is actual evidence of refusal to play. Seems odd for people to be undermining one of our best players a few days before the season begins.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Tony don't give a shit, I'm thinking. Pay the clearly-inflated £100m. Or don't. It'll be £150m this time next year. In the end some petro-nation will pay whatever Tony asks. Whether the player is worth anywhere near that amount or whether he isn't (**spoiler alert: he isn't)
I personally disagree about the £100m being inflated.

I think he's worth it, both for his ability, and the fact that either Real Madrid or a Saudi club will pay £150 m in two years time.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I personally disagree about the £100m being inflated.

I think he's worth it, both for his ability, and the fact that either Real Madrid or a Saudi club will pay £150 m in two years time.

Yep, for me Caicedo is a generational talent, Maguire went for 80m a few years ago, Murdyk was 90m, Enzo was 100m - both totally unproven risks in the premier league, so how is 100m for a 21 year old who is already proven to be able to handle the physicality of the premier league inflated?

Answers on a post card please, someone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t think the club feel the need to shut up a load of people gossiping on the internet. They said he had a hamstring strain for the friendly. Nobody would have queried that at any other time. None of it is actual evidence of refusal to play. Seems odd for people to be undermining one of our best players a few days before the season begins.
He hasn't gone yet, has he?

Some odd posts on this thread. For example, some snowflakes who can't take all this stress want Moises out now to put an end to it.

I find this most peculiar. In fact, it's very queer.

On a similar note, I'm getting on a bit and in 15 years I'll probably be dead so rather than think about it, I'm going to end it all now. Or tomorrow. Well, after the Luton game. Maybe a bit later if the weather looks decent.

FFS :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here