Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
‘No agreement’ (factually accurate at the time) is very, very different from a headline of ‘Moises Caicedo: Brighton do not expect to sell midfielder this summer’.

I read this more as we’ve discussed it again as part of the Sanchez deal and Chelsea are miles away from our valuation. Boehly won’t allow Tony to pull his pants down for yet another time so it’s probably not happening.
Both equally pointless and meaningless statements in the long run though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
But it was pretty clear and obvious to all that an agreement was very close and lo and behold, a day later it was done. Was a pretty worthless statement.

Same as now, saying that we don’t expect clubs to meet our valuation and we expect he’ll still be with us is equally meaningless. I’m 99% certain he’ll be with another club on September 1st.
I still feel that before we let him go, we will have or be 100% sure of getting his replacement. RDZ has already said him leaving will leave a big hole in the squad. so If we can’t find one, he stays.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
‘No agreement’ (factually accurate at the time) is very, very different from a headline of ‘Moises Caicedo: Brighton do not expect to sell midfielder this summer’.

I read this more as we’ve discussed it again as part of the Sanchez deal and Chelsea are miles away from our valuation. Boehly won’t allow Tony to pull his pants down for yet another time so it’s probably not happening.
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Guess we’ll find out in a month
I’d love to watch another year of Caicedo but I just can’t see it.

This is so reminiscent of many ‘big’ club transfer chases and particularly their bid for Enzo Fernandez where they eventually folded and agreed to pay his release clause in the end. I’m certain they’re going to do the same here and pay the reported circa £100m by the end of the window.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

This is where I'm at. This has been dragging on for quite a while now, and if they were prepared to pay what we want I think they would have done it by now.

I think the acid test will be if he starts vs Luton. If he does, I think that's it and he stays.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is where I'm at. This has been dragging on for quite a while now, and if they were prepared to pay what we want I think they would have done it by now.

I think the acid test will be if he starts vs Luton. If he does, I think that's it and he stays.
Hmmm... if he starts against Newcastle I'll believe he's staying.

Until January.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This is so reminiscent of many ‘big’ club transfer chases and particularly their bid for Enzo Fernandez where they eventually folded and agreed to pay his release clause in the end. I’m certain they’re going to do the same here and pay the reported circa £100m by the end of the window.
Win/win

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

We're not obliged to sell him, even for 100m. Certainly not late in the window

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

I think you're right. Seems to be standard with Chelsea. I cannot think of another club I hate more. Bizarre really. Way more vitriol to them than Palace. Is that just me? Might need a poll.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Him playing a part in this Sundays friendly will tell us a little bit about where his ‘head’ is

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I still feel that before we let him go, we will have or be 100% sure of getting his replacement. RDZ has already said him leaving will leave a big hole in the squad. so If we can’t find one, he stays.
There isn't really a replacement for him though is there? For me, that's why the price is so high he's simply so good noone (not even Craig) can replace him and I don't think we should try to find a "like for like" player. We'll just have to do without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here