Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
In the same way I don’t understand why Chelsea stumped up 60 million for Cucu I don’t understand why they won’t stump up the extra 20 million for Moises. Came on last night and oozed class. Hopefully their pig headedness on this continues to the window slamming shut. He would transform Chelsea’s midfield.
It’ll be more than a £100m now😂

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I agree. He won the ball. And then distributed. His ball to Undav when he tried another dink was brilliant. I really hope he stays. With Adingra and Pedro giving us more depth we could be even better than last season.

Can’t wait to lose to 1-0 to Luton who score from a corner after their one attack.
Oh yeah, nailed on Dunk 1st goal then....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I know it's not my money, so it's easy for me to say, but I think we should take the £80m, but insert a sell on percentage as well.

That way we could buy both Koopmeiners and Kudus, on top of Milner and Dahoud.

Those four and £35m+ cash profit for Mac Allister and Caicedo is decent business.
If he was any good then Chelsea wouldn't sell him. If he failed at Chelsea then the value of a sell-on becomes worthless.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
In three years time, all going well, nobody will be discussing the movement onward of our players. It will be what it is.

To learn that when we sold whatsisname to Arsenal, you know, the 'Leeds' one, we got more money than every single player we had ever sold before, combined, that was a Thing. Now I can't remember his name. Ben White. That was it. A year in our first team. That is football evolution.

Survival, inquiry, sophistication

How do we eat? What shall we eat? Where shall we have lunch?
This assumes football and society always progress, look at Southampton (although I
In three years time, all going well, nobody will be discussing the movement onward of our players. It will be what it is.

To learn that when we sold whatsisname to Arsenal, you know, the 'Leeds' one, we got more money than every single player we had ever sold before, combined, that was a Thing. Now I can't remember his name. Ben White. That was it. A year in our first team. That is football evolution.

Survival, inquiry, sophistication

Let's hope. However, It can go Survival, inquiry, sophistication, retardation

How do we eat? What shall we eat? Where shall we have lunch? Can you remember the last time we could afford to eat?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If he was any good then Chelsea wouldn't sell him. If he failed at Chelsea then the value of a sell-on becomes worthless.

Like I said it ain't my money, I'm more concerned about upgrading the squad.

Dahoud and Milner combined are potentially a net gain on Mac Allister.

Koopmeiners and Kudus are different to Caicedo, but combined they would make our squad much stronger, resulting in an upgrade on Caicedo.

If the result of accepting 10% less for Caicedo was a squad that was good enough to make top 4, I'd take it.

Champions league qualification is worth about £20m if we can get through the group stage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This assumes football and society always progress, look at Southampton (although I

Let's hope. However, It can go Survival, inquiry, sophistication, retardation

How do we eat? What shall we eat? Where shall we have lunch? Can you remember the last time we could afford to eat?
You are right in that for individual clubs, what goes up often comes down, so my post was hubristic. But deliberately so. Success in football needs to be fun while it lasts. We have spent six years clenching, and now is the time to enjoy where the ride has taken us.

I appreciate that as a human being, in the long run I'll be like everyone else - dead. But only a miserable old git spends all a glorious summer moaning about how cold it will get later.

That's you on the right, that is:

1690450522798.png

As for Brighton, a coming winter is not an inevitability, and if it does come it it could be years away. Enjoy the present while we have it!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t wait to lose to 1-0 to Luton who score from a corner after their one attack.
Look on the bright side, at least we won’t have to watch Nathan Jones over celebrating :smile:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I do not see that scenario at all. Chelsea are not chucking £100m at us at the last minute and we will not derail the first half of our season at the last minute either. If Boehly wants his man he'll have to get the deal done earlier than that.
I hope you are right but my feeling is that they are using the tactics that got them Enzo Fernández eventually. A painful and drawn out drama that saw the player disgrace his team (Benfica) but Chelsea eventually paying the full valuation at the last minute. The ****s.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I hope you are right but my feeling is that they are using the tactics that got them Enzo Fernández eventually. A painful and drawn out drama that saw the player disgrace his team (Benfica) but Chelsea eventually paying the full valuation at the last minute. The ****s.
difference there was Enzo had a £105m release clause. Caicedo doesn't. If they wait until that late in the day, the club will be well within their rights to say no.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
difference there was Enzo had a £105m release clause. Caicedo doesn't. If they wait until that late in the day, the club will be well within their rights to say no.
We’ve got form for standing our ground when there’s no time to sort a replacement. We turned down a 8m bid for Stephens in 2016, which would probably have been accepted 3-4 weeks earlier. And he only had 1 year left in comparison to Caicedo’s 4!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think he'll definitely go. They're obviously just going up in increments hoping he'll throw his toys out / down tools and we'll get rid as we don't want an unhappy camp. Not a very bright strategy really as A - I don't think he will, and B - they won't end up getting him cheaper and will sabotage their own preparations for the season.

The net result will be them just going up in increments until they pay the full amount.

Im Now starting to be more interested in who we've got up our sleeve to replace him. Can't be Kudus as he's nowhere near like for like. I reckon it's going to be a totally left field one that we're sitting on.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
They really aren’t helping themselves.
We are trying to make it easier by offering them the swap and by them ruling this out it comes down to £££s in terms of a transfer fee.
I expect they were looking at selling Conor Gallagher for £40/50m to help them fund it, but the rumour is that he doesn’t want to leave Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here