Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where are the successors

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
roz said:
Perhaps your "mystery" investors - and please don't think they are as anywhere near as anonymous as you like to give the impression they are - would like to cough up similarly?

I have never ever maintained that they are secret investors in fact the exact opposite I have always maintained that their names are well known to most people who listen to the Ian HART phone in and if we are talking about the same people you know as well as I do that they could spend the equivalant to what you raised on A Saturday night out without blinking an eyelid. Why they do not want their names brought up again I do not know I can only respect their wishes.

To answer Beech Hut do you honestly believe that DK would answer the question about finance if it was put to him by a supporter.

It is not a question of just saying 'oh yes we lost £900k last year.

This year we expect to lose £750k that is not answering the question.

Atilla's answer was better he is going to ask Paul Samrah the question on SATURDAY and post something after then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He may well do, ask a straight question get a straight answer.

One question about your so called "loaded" friends - it was well known the club were in financial trouble last year and Fat Boy Slim put some money up. I am sure your "frends" would have known this so why did they not offer financial support then ?

Another "tip", a lot of fans put a lot their effort in the fanzine as is being done this time around so don't belittle them with a patronising statement about your "loads of money" friends and their wealth.

I'll believe this when I see it - simple as that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad said:

As regards the clubs finances and PAUL nobody in their right mind would dispute either yours or Pauls support of the club and I have no grounds upon which to suspect that there are irregularities in the finances but I do feel that it would be of benefit to everybody if somebody, could even be Paul, came forward and gave us all a basic insight as to the Income and Expenditure of the club as I posted to London Irish earlier today.

Oh for Pete's sake, if you're really that concerned that the directors are somehow lining their pockets out of what's left over from the club's meagre income and massive extraordinary expenditure on things like Public Inquiries why don't you just follow this link:

Companies House

then key 'BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB' into the Company Name box. You can order the latest audited accounts online. It'll cost you four quid. Ain't rocket science. :dunce:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
its all gone quiet on this thread. i wonder if that companies house link is busy. ???

D

Deleted User X18H

for gawd sake we seem to have slipped back 8 years this football club has always had financial troubles but at least now it is in the hands of those who care about it 'lets concentrate on getting behind the team and leave the business side to those who since taking administration have brought us back to Brighton won two divisional championships made and won a play off final and sold a player for a record fee MY GOD ITS BORING IN CORNWALL

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tom Hark said:
Oh for Pete's sake, if you're really that concerned that the directors are somehow lining their pockets out of what's left over from the club's meagre income and massive extraordinary expenditure on things like Public Inquiries why don't you just follow this link:

Companies House

then key 'BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB' into the Company Name box. You can order the latest audited accounts online. It'll cost you four quid. Ain't rocket science. :dunce:

Many thanks for your assistance but although I am a grandad I am symptomatic of the modern generation and want things done for me.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think everyone has got away from the point that BensGrandad was trying to make.

We no longer APPEAR to have a hard hitting contraversial fanzine anymore. Who is asking the painful questions. To be fair Hart does sometimes go close on his radio show but it takes a fanzine to really be contraversial.

BensGrandad is suggesting that everyone from the 'old' movement is now somehow gagged. Hart is controlled by the Beeb and Samarah is totally focused on Falmer 4 All (quite rightly IMHO).

I thought BensGrandad made a reasonable point and didn't really come across as questioning the running of the club. His point was (I believe) that their ISN'T anyone questioning the running of the club anymore?

Roz came the closest to answering the point but got distracted by quashing remarks of where she actually does her editing :)

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
BG, i feel your being a little disingenuous. You cite that their are several keen investors waiting in the wings, whos names have been put into the public, yet refuse to reiterate those name on the ground they've asked you not to. If you are that close to these investors, why not ask them to give you the inside story as they'd go though the accounts in fine detail if they invested if they hadnt done so already.

I think the reason there is no successor to Paul Samrah et al is simply that anyone concerned can do some back of the envelope calculations to see that the finances leave little or no room for any funny business. Then i suppose there are those who have elected to sit on their hands while we wait for Falmer in case they rock the boat - Falmer is EVERYTHING right now and the last thing thats needed is discontent towards the board giving ammunition to the NIMBYs. And 4 years of successfull football has meant that most simply dont see the need to question the board.

Id agree that DK might not have massive finacial resources at his disposal and in that respect he might be concidered to have taken the club as far as he can. But thats not really fair to him when his main platform has been a) bring us back to Brighton (achieved) and b) secure a new stadium. He didnt come in saying he had a huge pot of money did he, or promise us 1st Division footbal within a couple of years? I believe once Falmer is built and our future secure, he'll probably step aside, his work done.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
beorhthelm:

I take your point but the whole point of this thread is the fact that the majority of supporters fans are complaining that we are not bringing in new players this has been highlighted by MM saying on SCR after Tuesdays defeat that they are trying but with the financial constraints that they are under it has not been possible.

Every supporter knows that we are in a bad state due to Withdean and Falmer etc but it is my belief that we, the fans are not fully aware of how bad the situation is consequently it is easy for me or you to say why didnt we go after Iwan Roberts why didnt they give Chris Iwelumo his relocation expenses.

If somebody did as Paul SAMRAH did in the late 90s came forward with basic figures, not audited accounts, this would show me and all other supporters the enormity of the problem and would thus possibly relieve some of the pressure being exerted on DK and the board. Probably would upset Ernest but there you go!

As it happens I have now downloaded the accounts and after reading them will contact Paul SAMRAH on this point.

I am not suggesting for one minute that anybody is ripping us off but seeking to find out how bad the situation actually is.

Some wise words, received by e-mail from Smiley Miley (who can read but can't post on NSC) -

As I can't post on NSC from work it is frustrating at times - but surely in answer to BensGrandad's question about successors, then the answer is right in front of him on NSC.

The bottom line is that ian hart, paul s etc were all wanting the best for the club and in those times it meant questioning and exposing. Now everybody who wants the best is doing things to help the stadium.

I suspect what BensGrandad really is asking is where are those who want to seek out confrontation? We did it before cos confrontation was what was needed for the good of the club. However, only a fool seeks confrontation when what is best is harmony.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not seem to be able to get the point across I DO NOT WANT CONFRONTATION and would agree with Smiley Miley about harmony.

What I do want is the fans to be FULLY AWARE of how bad the financial situation is and to why we cannot get these players that everybody is suggesting.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I do not seem to be able to get the point across I DO NOT WANT CONFRONTATION and would agree with Smiley Miley about harmony.

What I do want is the fans to be FULLY AWARE of how bad the financial situation is and to why we cannot get these players that everybody is suggesting.

Molango, Currie, Nicolas, Jarret.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Molango, Currie, Nicolas, Jarret.

All unknown out of contract just looking for ANY club that will take them.

I am talking of the proven goalscorers like Iwan Roberts Dion Dublin etc that people have suggested.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think you are not giving people credit here. Credit that they deserve. The questions which need to be asked at the moment are regarding Falmer. That is the priority and there are plenty of people who are asking those questions and will continue to lobby and pressure people until we run out at the new ground.

Bensgrandad et al. If you are so bothered why have none of you offered to submit something to the next edition of the fanzine or done anything yourself?

Just a thought. Do not criticise people for not doing something which you yourself are prepared to do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said earlier I am symptomatic of the modern generation of teenagers, although I am older, I want things done for me so that I can just sit and read them and form my own opinions.

Whilst I do not write to Fanzines I appreciate that a number of people do and a large number of supporters derive great pleasure from these so if that is your wish continue to do so and continue to provide the high profile of our fight for FALMER.

I have perhaps underestimated the supporters appreciation of the financial problems at the club if this is the case why do posters keep suggesting names of players who would obviously be outside of our finances.

Louis Figo is being released on a free I believe!

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad said:

Everybody's already got a pretty good idea why the club can't afford to splash out on players. Whether the exact figure of the debt is six million, seven million or eight million, say, hardly matters in that context, the end result is the same i.e. no big money signings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are continually told that the debts are being brought under control and reduced. The knock on effect is that perhaps in the not too distant future we may be able to afford to buy somebody. My reading of the accounts, as a layman, do not show that the debt is reducing in actual fact the exact opposite which would mean that we have no chance ever whilst at Withdean of buying a player or even paying the wages of an experienced loan signing. Hopefully I am misreading the accounts and missing a vital point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here