where are the successors

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I knew Stanley 15 years ago 'cos he used to go to Glastonbury and come to my shows pissed out of his head shouting 'Seagulls!' and his sister Jill came to my West Country gigs. He seemed a harmless buffoon with pots of money, then as the awful reality of his relationship with Archer became clear
I got him to the public meeting where he told us the ground would be sold 'over his dead body'.......the rest is history. What an arsehole. In many ways the biggest of the three because he enabled Archer to do what he did. It was he who was trying to ingratiate himself with us, though you don't do that by making drunken calls at 2am!!

BG, pleased to hear you are not him! Accountancy has never been my strong point, I leave that to the experts. As far as I am aware all the club's finances have been published and are above board: I will talk to Paul about this on Saturday and will either get him to put something on here or do it myself.
Paul and I love the Albion, simple as that. I just went to matches as we all did, the bastards came along and we along with loads of others decided to do something about it. Paul is working his bollocks off on all the Falmer stuff, I'm doing what I can as we all are. Not on anyone's bandwagon. 120 gigs a year, all over the world. Lots to do!

Haven't been to the Ship for ages, happy to meet you there (Ernest welcome too, that'd be fun!) Monday evening after Leicester? 8pm?

Yorkie said:
Wasn't it the Albion who pulled back from a planning application for the Park & Ride? We already have permission for the seats.
NO it wasn't the Club who pulled back.

It was the Council who advised that the Traffic Regulation Orders to achieve the closure the top part of Carden Avenue wouldn't get through the Environment Committee, which no longer has a Labour majority.

TROs don't involve a planning application by the Club. They require action by the Council. This means that there is no appeal.

The ball is in the City Council's court.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
I'm particularly choosey who I sup with

Glad I passed the test then :clap2: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Attila:

I am not trying to duck out of meeting you but my job like yours means irregular hours and I am working for the two weeks starting Friday this week so am not available on that Monday. However I will fix up a meet.

As regards the clubs finances and PAUL nobody in their right mind would dispute either yours or Pauls support of the club and I have no grounds upon which to suspect that there are irregularities in the finances but I do feel that it would be of benefit to everybody if somebody, could even be Paul, came forward and gave us all a basic insight as to the Income and Expenditure of the club as I posted to London Irish earlier today.

I am sure that you will appreciate that because every matter about finance is shouted down by 'we are in dire straights as regards money due to Falmer and Withdean' supporters are not truly aware of whether this is fact or just an excuse to not spend any money on e.g new players.

My original post on this thread asked exactly that where are the successors to you Paul and Ian who will do what you all did some 8/9 years ago. It is not meant as a slight against any of you three, although you and I differ on our views as to DK financial viability.

BensGrandad said:
I was specifically asked by the individuals that I quoted to not make their names known at the moment and as such I will acceed to their request ...

... what I would like is some knowledgable person to produce the figures which basically show

Our Income at Gillingham the wages paid, the rent paid other general expenses paid and the amount that we lost.

Then do the same for our last trading year at Withdean with a brief run down of our day to day income and expenditure at the moment at Withdean.

This will then show me and many more supporters where the money is going or being lost ...

So, Brian, you know people who have said they want to invest in the Club.

And you want someone to check out the details of the Club's finances.

I think we should be very suspicious of your motives.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Can I intervene in here as the co-editor and sub editor of the last three fanzine titles that have been published since the undoubtedly glorious days of Gulls Eye and Scars and Stripes.

Because I take serious offence at any suggestion that I would edit any publication from inside anyone's arsehole. Be that Dick Knight, Bill Archer or Greg Stanley's for that matter! Make no mistake, both Keep The Faith and Brighton Rockz ruffled Albion feathers.

As for 'One F in Falmer' I'd like to remind you that it made over £600 for the Falmer for All campaign. Which, given the battle against Hoile's nonsensical Local Plan Report that needed funding was the right priority.

Perhaps your "mystery" investors - and please don't think they are as anywhere near as anonymous as you like to give the impression they are - would like to cough up similarly?

Because if they put a fraction of their money where they put their mouths it'd be a remarkable investment. Not that I'm holding my breath...

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Lord Bracknell said:

I'm suspicious of your motives , up Dick Tights backside. He must have the cleanest arse in Sussex with the likes of you always licking it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:

It is not how it appears. I am lead to believe that DK is fully aware of the individuals concerned but for reasons unknown to me he hasn't persued the matter further. There may well be a good reason that I am not aware of. Just as a passing comment when the terrible three were causing the initial problems I approached Lord Cowdray personally to ask for his help but at the time he was considering backing an old Tottenham Chairman to buy Nottingham Forest. You do not need to be a financial whizz kid to care about your club.

My asking about the finances as explained earlier to London Irish and Attila is that I am sure that given fuller details without breeching any confidences would make my fellow supporters more aware of the current situation than just grouping all answers under' it Falmer and Withdean that is causing our problems'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
I'm suspicious of your motives , up Dick Tights backside. He must have the cleanest arse in Sussex with the likes of you always licking it.

That was well below the belt, literally :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
It is not how it appears. I am lead to believe that DK is fully aware of the individuals concerned but for reasons unknown to me he hasn't persued the matter further. There may well be a good reason that I am not aware of. Just as a passing comment when the terrible three were causing the initial problems I approached Lord Cowdray personally to ask for his help but at the time he was considering backing an old Tottenham Chairman to buy Nottingham Forest. You do not need to be a financial whizz kid to care about your club.

My asking about the finances as explained earlier to London Irish and Attila is that I am sure that given fuller details without breeching any confidences would make my fellow supporters more aware of the current situation than just grouping all answers under' it Falmer and Withdean that is causing our problems'.

I find all this total bollox - DK made an open invitation in an interview for those who want to invest to contact him, not for the first or last time (I suspect) no one came forward.

In the current circumstances, it is absolutely essential that the goodwill that the Albion has built up with our key political allies isn't jeopardised. We need the Council on our side. We need senior Labour politicians on our side. We need the Argus on our side.

Anything that disturbs that equilibrium will make an already difficult planning application an impossible one to see through to the end.

We are winning the arguments about Falmer, but we haven't quite got there.

Dick Knight and his fellow directors would have to be really stupid to risk losing Falmer by succumbing to the approaches of new "investors" with an alternative agenda and no pool of goodwill to bring to the process of getting us a permanent home.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
I find all this total bollox - DK made an open invitation in an interview for those who want to invest to contact him, not for the first or last time (I suspect) no one came forward.

I cannot argue with that because I dont know either the answer as to whether or not they did or if not why not.

At the moment that is immaterial and a matter that will be sorted out in the due course of time my immediate concern is that nobody seems to want to ask questions or provide answers as was done some 8/9 years ago. why?

Why do we and should we just group every answer under' its the cost of Falmer and Withdean'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
I cannot argue with that because I dont know either the answer as to whether or not they did or if not why not.

At the moment that is immaterial and a matter that will be sorted out in the due course of time my immediate concern is that nobody seems to want to ask questions or provide answers as was done some 8/9 years ago. why?

Why do we and should we just group every answer under' its the cost of Falmer and Withdean'

The club files accounts at companies house - agreed.

The club has an auditor to audit them ?

Why not go and the ask the auditors if you think the club are ripping you off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
The club files accounts at companies house - agreed.

The club has an auditor to audit them ?

Why not go and the ask the auditors if you think the club are ripping you off.

It is hard work making people understand basic English.

I have not suggested that ANYBODY is ripping us off what I have said is where are the people like IAN HART PAUL SAMRAH & JOHN BAINE who 8/9 years ago told us the exact financial position within the club.

The only answers given now are 'ITS THE FAULT OF WITHDEAN AND FALMER THAT WE ARE LOSING MONEY EVERY GAME.

People are asking about strengthening the side because of our record this season, MM said last night on SCR that he is searching for a big striker but our financial position will not allow us to get one at a price that we can afford.

It is my view rightly or wrongly that if we knew more of the financial situation of the club us supporters would understand the position better.

Is that so difficult or outrageous.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
It is hard work making people understand basic English.

I have not suggested that ANYBODY is ripping us off what I have said is where are the people like IAN HART PAUL SAMRAH & JOHN BAINE who 8/9 years ago told us the exact financial position within the club.

The only answers given now are 'ITS THE FAULT OF WITHDEAN AND FALMER THAT WE ARE LOSING MONEY EVERY GAME.

People are asking about strengthening the side because of our record this season, MM said last night on SCR that he is searching for a big striker but our financial position will not allow us to get one at a price that we can afford.

It is my view rightly or wrongly that if we knew more of the financial situation of the club us supporters would understand the position better.

Is that so difficult or outrageous.

Why don't you write to DK then and ask him or alternatively phone in on Saturday as DK is making an appearance and ask him ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
Dick Tight has bottled it for Saturday, probably scared stiff that I would wipe the floor with him :angry: :angry: :angry:

You have been told once already today that he is ill.

Your jibes are beginning to be malicious. By all means question the running of the club but don't be spiteful.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yorkie said:
You have been told once already today that he is ill.

Your jibes are beginning to be malicious. By all means question the running of the club but don't be spiteful.

So what is wrong then ? More rumours and where is the official announcement then ?
If he is sick then I'm genuinely sorry for him but who is running the club if he is not about and is this the reason for the lack of activity in the transfer market ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
So what is wrong then ? More rumours and where is the official announcement then ?
If he is sick then I'm genuinely sorry for him but who is running the club if he is not about and is this the reason for the lack of activity in the transfer market ?

Go to bed FFS, do you really believe you are sorry ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports