Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will we get season ticket refunds?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
A wider question - if season 2020/21 is played behind closed doors (likely imho), how will the Albion raise vital revenue from supporters?

To help the club through, personally I’d allow the cost of my season ticket, to be used instead for watching streamed matches, or my preference of matches via BT and Sky say on a pay-for-view basis.

But how many s/t holders would agree to that? If multiple s/t’s are held within an household, would supporters agree to the total cost going towards to pay for view?

It’s going to be tough for the club whatever division they’re in.

Tough for the Club indeed.....Probably tougher for most of their supporters though !

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Regarding Norwich away game refunds. Clubs position.

‘ I can confirm on behalf of the club that we are unable to currently provide you with a refund of monies. This isn't us being difficult, it is the same for all clubs currently whilst the league is postponed. No games have been cancelled and the league is due to recommence at some point, we simply haven't been notified by the Premier League.

At the point in which they tell us the date of the game, if at that point you cannot attend that advertised game then at that point you will receive an opportunity to apply for a refund. This would also include if they confirm that all games are to be played behind closed doors.’

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

‘ I can confirm on behalf of the club that we are unable to currently provide you with a refund of monies. This isn't us being difficult, it is the same for all clubs currently whilst the league is postponed. No games have been cancelled and the league is due to recommence at some point, we simply haven't been notified by the Premier League.

At the point in which they tell us the date of the game, if at that point you cannot attend that advertised game then at that point you will receive an opportunity to apply for a refund. This would also include if they confirm that all games are to be played behind closed doors.’

Seems fair enough, after all nothing has been sorted out yet.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Seems fair enough, after all nothing has been sorted out yet.

Is it? The game has been cancelled for the date advertised but they are unprepared to offer a refund. They come up with a mealy mouthed attempt to say its out of their hands when they know damn well it’s not going to be played in front of a crowd. If this was Ryanair’s response to a request for a refund for a cancellation for the date advertised people would be all over it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Is it? The game has been cancelled for the date advertised but they are unprepared to offer a refund. They come up with a mealy mouthed attempt to say its out of their hands when they know damn well it’s not going to be played in front of a crowd. If this was Ryanair’s response to a request for a refund for a cancellation for the date advertised people would be all over it.

I know what you mean. I've had 6 concerts cancelled or rearranged to next year and in all cases I've had the option of retaining the ticket until the new date or a full refund. I've taken only 2 refunds as I can't make the rearranged dates (due to planned holidays in 2021) but will go to the other 4 rearranged dates.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would they ?

Ryanair have put people in a refund queue with no indication of payment date. People have resigned themselves to that and ( once the initial problem with being actually able to contact Ryanair was resolved ) are certainly not 'all over it'.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I know what you mean. I've had 6 concerts cancelled or rearranged to next year and in all cases I've had the option of retaining the ticket until the new date or a full refund. I've taken only 2 refunds as I can't make the rearranged dates (due to planned holidays in 2021) but will go to the other 4 rearranged dates.

Quite. I’ve had offers of refunds or change of dates for concerts, been able to have rail refunds and cancel hotels. Only the Albion have not managed to step up and do the right thing by the customer.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Sounds like this is linked to insurance payouts, which makes perfect sense

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Quite. I’ve had offers of refunds or change of dates for concerts, been able to have rail refunds and cancel hotels. Only the Albion have not managed to step up and do the right thing by the customer.

I have a NOW TV box and use it to watch occasional matches. Although I'd understood that it was a pay on demand service somehow they nailed me for payments for the SKY Sports channels in March and April. I wrote politely and they refunded those two months and gave me a free pass for a further month to be used in the future. That's customer service!

But surely the issue is different with Albion. We are all, after all, supporters. The whole thing has gone to s..t, so what's the point in worrying about a refund? Things have been so miserable since March that the way I feel they might as well keep the cash I paid for the remaining games. Clearly none of us are in the same league, as it were, as Tony Bloom, but surely the principle is the same - just that his contribution to keeping things going is a tad higher than mine...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I have a NOW TV box and use it to watch occasional matches. Although I'd understood that it was a pay on demand service somehow they nailed me for payments for the SKY Sports channels in March and April. I wrote politely and they refunded those two months and gave me a free pass for a further month to be used in the future. That's customer service!

But surely the issue is different with Albion. We are all, after all, supporters. The whole thing has gone to s..t, so what's the point in worrying about a refund? Things have been so miserable since March that the way I feel they might as well keep the cash I paid for the remaining games. Clearly none of us are in the same league, as it were, as Tony Bloom, but surely the principle is the same - just that his contribution to keeping things going is a tad higher than mine...

Agreed but I think the original poster was referring more to the Norwich away ticket not being refunded, which even if it goes ahead is never going to see fans at the game, so really that ought to be refunded IMO.

As a ST myself I don't personally care if the last few games are not refunded to me and am happy for the club to keep whatever that equates to as you say many are willing to support their club in this way, but I appreciate many can't afford that.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Principle, and I’m only referring to the Norwich away game not season tickets.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
[/B]
Agreed but I think the original poster was referring more to the Norwich away ticket not being refunded, which even if it goes ahead is never going to see fans at the game, so really that ought to be refunded IMO.

As a ST myself I don't personally care if the last few games are not refunded to me and am happy for the club to keep whatever that equates to as you say many are willing to support their club in this way, but I appreciate many can't afford that.

I can obviously afford 2 season tickets and travel or else I would not have them but to donate £100 per month to the club for no games is not acceptable if it was one month only I would not moan but It is and will be way more than that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A wider question - if season 2020/21 is played behind closed doors (likely imho), how will the Albion raise vital revenue from supporters?

To help the club through, personally I’d allow the cost of my season ticket, to be used instead for watching streamed matches, or my preference of matches via BT and Sky say on a pay-for-view basis.

But how many s/t holders would agree to that? If multiple s/t’s are held within an household, would supporters agree to the total cost going towards to pay for view?

It’s going to be tough for the club whatever division they’re in.

I would not agree to it. My season ticket is for the match day experience, not watching on tv. Any rebate to clubs for broadcasting rights would have to be organized by wealthy corporation, Sky. The point about multiple season ticket households is a good one as well (we are one of those).
I understand your willingness to keep paying for the good of the club and there was a time (Gillingham/Withdean times) when I would have felt the same. Not now though, not with such huge revenues being funneled directly into players bank accounts. I am no longer working or earning and I will not use my limited resources to subsidize corporate and personal greed.

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Just think how nice it will be, £31 you'd forgotten about arriving in your bank for Christmas.

Winner, winner.

5 home games missed means season ticket holders should get back more than 1/4 of what we paid. Approx £200 for me and £200 each for two sons !! Whilst I support Club etc, not willing to give that up.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
5 home games missed means season ticket holders should get back more than 1/4 of what we paid. Approx £200 for me !! Whilst I support Club etc, not willing to give that up.

That's the same for me, but I was referring to the Norwich ticket.

I shall consider my options when a refund for this season and next (paid lump sum) is proposed.

Not sure yet.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

I'm still waiting for my name on the seat, from the last financial contribution made to bail out the club :whistle:......

Would I do it again? Not sure to be honest, and even if I would it would only be a drop in a bloody big bucket.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sounds like this is linked to insurance payouts, which makes perfect sense

Really, I suspect it is merely that nothing yet is confirmed. Simple as that. I'd like my money back but understand it won't happen until the league is either abandoned or the games agreed to be played behind closed doors either at the correct or neutral stadia.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
5 home games missed means season ticket holders should get back more than 1/4 of what we paid. Approx £200 for me and £200 each for two sons !! Whilst I support Club etc, not willing to give that up.

Fully appreciate that. For me it's only 1 ticket and probably just under £200. For me (and I stress for me) if it meant helping the club get through this period of financial insecurity I don't mind with regards this season's last 5 games. Next season would clearly be a different matter, unless a reduced price season ticket was offered for a streaming service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here