[Albion] When will we get season ticket refunds?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I think that is true of ordinary season tickets as well. The general agreement on some form of behind closed doors (if they get the restart they want) means the new, higher direct debits won’t actually happen. In the absence of announcements though that schedule is the current plan (daft though it is).

I agree!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
They could at least refund the Norwich away tickets that were purchased even I can tell them it isn't going to be played with a crowd present, if played at all.
I agree, for all the positive stuff written about BHA and Barber this is something that is obvious is not happening and they need to repay the monies. Not impressed with this at all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree, for all the positive stuff written about BHA and Barber this is something that is obvious is not happening and they need to repay the monies. Not impressed with this at all.

I can only conclude something along the lines BHAFC paid Norwich in advance ergo until they get that refunded they will not refund fans...........

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I can only conclude something along the lines BHAFC paid Norwich in advance ergo until they get that refunded they will not refund fans...........

I’ve emailed BHA so will give an update if I get a reply.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Do you think they are deliberately not repaying fans just to p*** them off, or do you think there may be other reasons that they can’t disclose?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whilst we view the club differently they will operate as any other entertainment/ticket provider in that in the event of a cancellation they will offer a credit or refund to the customer.

They have not at the moment as the event has not officially been cancelled it has been postponed and in our T&Cs it clearly says the club has no liability for changes of dates of matches.

Once cancelled (or behind closed doors) they will credit or refund

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Whilst we view the club differently they will operate as any other entertainment/ticket provider in that in the event of a cancellation they will offer a credit or refund to the customer.

They have not at the moment as the event has not officially been cancelled it has been postponed and in our T&Cs it clearly says the club has no liability for changes of dates of matches.

Once cancelled (or behind closed doors) they will credit or refund
Probably correct but a very corporate approach and not one I would expect from a community club such as ours. What is obvious to anyone is that the fixture is not happening with a crowd present.
Besides as the fixture was cancelled for the date in question refund offers should have been automatic.

Last edited:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Do you think they are deliberately not repaying fans just to p*** them off, or do you think there may be other reasons that they can’t disclose?
Not reading anything into it other than expressing disappointment with BHA, who I have always had the highest level of customer service from, are not addressing this matter, as it’s obvious that the fixture, if it happens, will be played without a crowd.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I also have Norwich away tickets and a Man U home ticket I bought for a mate. Total cost about £150, I e-mailed the club and they said no refunds until season officially over.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Besides as the fixture was cancelled for the date in question refund offers should have been automatic.

To be fair I think something similar happened to Chelsea away and they went on resale as priority to those purchased previously.

The point remains though that the game will not be played with a crowd attending therefore refunded.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Dear Mrs Alba Badger , what will you be spending Mr Badgers ticket money refund on ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Or the playing staff wage bill is adjusted. I cannot see a massive hike in ticket prices given the current and future economic climate. And the club will need to tread carefully as there isn’t much, if any, of a season ticket waiting list at the moment.

A long awaited readjustment of players wages. They would soon creep up again though. There will still be clubs paying 60-70m for players though

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
You can easily state now what happens later according to the decision. A week ago Norwich communicated to fans via the website:

As previously communicated, all season tickets for the club’s postponed games will remain valid for any potentially rearranged fixtures.

However, if it is decided that any of the Canaries’ remaining five home league fixtures cannot be fulfilled, or indeed played behind closed doors, the club will offer a pro rata refund against the cost of the season ticket for the number of games that have been affected.

The refund will only be offered when the season has concluded. Further information around how season ticket holders will receive their refund will be communicated in due course and when the situation is clearer.

Manchester United, Everton,Liverpool and Tottenham have promised the same - either refunding or taking the money off next years ticket.

It inevitable a refund (or discount) will be offered else this will end up in the courts.

When the football begins again properly, I think we can guarantee that one off ticket prices are going to go through the roof to pay for all of this.

Is the norwich example not exactly what brighton communicated to season ticket holders in the email about payment holidays

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That only makes sense if fans will be in attendance at next season’s games otherwise they will need to be refunded as well. There is no chance of fans in grounds next season unless a vaccine has been discovered. The club needs to refund the last five games of this season and suspend the direct debits.

Why have a go at me I was only stating what the club had advised I have no idea what they are doing in those situations and that clearly needs addressing. However it's not something I can control so having a dig at me is a waste of time

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why have a go at me I was only stating what the club had advised I have no idea what they are doing in those situations and that clearly needs addressing. However it's not something I can control so having a dig at me is a waste of time

Sorry it came across that way. I was intending to have a dig at the club (and the sport) for dragging their heels.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As far as I can see no game has been cancelled yet, just postponed. Until a final decision has been made on what happens to the remaining games I don’t see why the club should refund anything. Nothing has been ruled out yet.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
As far as I can see no game has been cancelled yet, just postponed. Until a final decision has been made on what happens to the remaining games I don’t see why the club should refund anything. Nothing has been ruled out yet.

Mainly because it is absolutely nailed on that even if this season does finish, there is no way any fans will be attending games.

There are people out there who really need the money and dicking around waiting for an announcement of the bleeding obvious is a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Mainly because it is absolutely nailed on that even if this season does finish, there is no way any fans will be attending games.

There are people out there who really need the money and dicking around waiting for an announcement of the bleeding obvious is a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's probably the case that the club has to wait for it to be confirmed before they can begin that process with the implications it brings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A long awaited readjustment of players wages. They would soon creep up again though. There will still be clubs paying 60-70m for players though

I don’t doubt some clubs will still spend big but hopefully this will be limited to the true elite. The bigger issue is eye-watering sums average squad members and/or Championship players get; hopefully this is where the readjustment shows. You know something is wrong when, for example, Will Hoskins drives a Porsche.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A wider question - if season 2020/21 is played behind closed doors (likely imho), how will the Albion raise vital revenue from supporters?

To help the club through, personally I’d allow the cost of my season ticket, to be used instead for watching streamed matches, or my preference of matches via BT and Sky say on a pay-for-view basis.

But how many s/t holders would agree to that? If multiple s/t’s are held within an household, would supporters agree to the total cost going towards to pay for view?

It’s going to be tough for the club whatever division they’re in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports