Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But it wont be in Brighton will it?.Hardly a short hop from the beach.Everything about this place is geared up for the prem apart from the team.That is the entire point of this thread.Without the big bucks the hotel, training ground etc is big white elephant.Relegation would be catastrophic for this club atm.

The cost of the hotel isn't going to have an effect on the playing budget.

I was sceptical about the hotel project, but have been mostly won over by counter-arguments by many on here. They believe they can fill the hotel. It also invalidates THPP's point about hotel space; it's not necessarily going to be a hotel for tourists (though some will be, of course) - I suspect it's going to be a more corporate/business hotel.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes, lets turn into Chelsea or Blackburn and sack our manager every time we get a bad patch :facepalm:

This ALWAYS comes up when we start playing badly. At least TB has patience and common sense unlike a small minority of idiots wanting instant success in our fanbase.

Lets hope that's all it is, a bad patch....But the way we are playing and the growing injury list, it could easily turn into free fall.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Surely TB would first have to find his gun and aim it before 'pulling the trigger'. At this moment, the gun is too hot and smoking from the summer's mess. Only utterly impatient fans would even contemplate him using it again.

Give OG a chance with a full team before you suggest replacing him with the dinosaur managers you're craving for.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I was sceptical about the hotel project, but have been mostly won over by counter-arguments by many on here. They believe they can fill the hotel. It also invalidates THPP's point about hotel space; it's not necessarily going to be a hotel for tourists (though some will be, of course) - I suspect it's going to be a more corporate/business hotel.

But you must agree Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal fans and the prawn sandwich brigade. Will fill the hotel up every other weekend through the winter months.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Surely TB would first have to find his gun and aim it before 'pulling the trigger'. At this moment, the gun is too hot and smoking from the summer's mess. Only utterly impatient fans would even contemplate him using it again.

Give OG a chance with a full team before you suggest replacing him with the dinosaur managers you're craving for.

What if he never gets a chance to pick from a full team? Are you happy to go down? Because the question was when will it be to late? Because 3 maybe 4 of them injuries aren't coming back any time soon, I assure you and another is as good as gone.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What if he never gets a chance to pick from a full team? Are you happy to go down? Because the question was when will it be to late? Because 3 maybe 4 of them injuries aren't coming back any time soon, I assure you and another is as good as gone.

Would you have started this thread if Warnock or Allardyce were in charge and we were in exactly the same position?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But you must agree Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal fans and the prawn sandwich brigade. Will fill the hotel up every other weekend through the winter months.

Not necessarily.

I don't see that supporting any given side makes you a richer person. People will have their own priorities as to what they want to do when coming to Brighton. Some may want to come into Brighton, some may want to stay over at the Falmer Hotel. Some Brighton fans from out of town may want to stay in there.

The team you support doesn't necessarily dictate any of your plans for any given weekend.

I know your point is about these teams have larger away followings, but there are only 120 rooms proposed for this hotel.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Would you have started this thread if Warnock or Allardyce were in charge and we were in exactly the same position?

What a pointless question, because they aren't are they.I have NEVER once said I want Garcia out.But I have said dozens of times dateing back years that experience in this league is a massive advantage.And that is not an opinion, it a statistic fact.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Happy to go down? Dumb question. Would I point the finger at Garcia if he continues to have the luck he's had so far with half a team? No. So what's the point in sacking him?

As for this assurance, who?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

So you honesty think were worse (at full strength) than Barnsley, Bolton, Sheff Weds, Middlesbrough, Yeovil, Bournemouth, Donny etc ?

When will it be too late ? Certainly not in October. More like March or April - 5/6 MONTHS away.

What a pointless question, because they aren't are they.I have NEVER once said I want Garcia out.But I have said dozens of times dateing back years that experience in this league is a massive advantage.And that is not an opinion, it a statistic fact.

So you wouldnt want Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho as our manager because they dont have Championship experience, so in your opinion wouldnt be as good in this league as Tony Mowbray, Neil Warnock or Eddie Howe ?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So you honesty think were worse (at full strength) than Barnsley, Bolton, Sheff Weds, Middlesbrough, Yeovil, Bournemouth, Donny etc ?

When will it be too late ? Certainly not in October. More like March or April - 5/6 MONTHS away.

knife-404_673402c.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

No, it's an opinion.

In comparison to the number of managers that have ever managed in the Championship, how many have consistently performed well (thereby adding credence to your 'fact' that experience is a massive advantage)?

Here's the definitive list to the end of last season to help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Football_League_Championship_managers

For every success (and there are many), there's plenty of failures, and trap-door victims, so no it's not a statistic (sic) fact.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Why the abuse, that's a perfectly fair question even if you think Bloom should give Oscar 3 years or so top get it right.

I agree with the OP, if we lose the next 2 then Blackburn becomes must-win. I don't think Bloom will mess around when it comes to making a change.

I think we've been fairly shambolic all season. We looked completely shapeless and directionless in the pre-season friendlies onwards and nothing since then has made me change my opinion - this management team are miles out of their depth. The injuries are a symptom of this - how many times are we going to see an injury mismanaged? Orlandi didn't have an operation then needed one. Ulloa played with an ankle injury for weeks. Kemmy hasn't been fit all season. Bridcutt was rushed back against Newport which made his injury worse. LuaLua injury clearly hasn't been handled well and is now out for 8 weeks. And so on and so on. In addition the failure to sign a forward for weeks. His substitutions are generally terrible. His team selections are a bit odd sometimes. I'm not convinced. Hopefully he'll turn it round starting next Monday night.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

So if Tony did get rid of Oscar, the incoming manager will also not have a chance to pick from a full team.
Unless we recruited Jesus - who could do a few miracles to get the team fit; however he doesn't have much of a track record - after managing a team of 12 he got crucified.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Why this fixation over the hotel - it's not going to belong to the club nor is the car park - profits, if any, won't contribute to the club's coffers.

The one possible benefit is that it will commit TB even further than he currently is to the club because without the club there would be no hope of him expanding his property portfolio in and around Falmer.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Why this fixation over the hotel - it's not going to belong to the club nor is the car park - profits, if any, won't contribute to the club's coffers.

The one possible benefit is that it will commit TB even further than he currently is to the club because without the club there would be no hope of him expanding his property portfolio in and around Falmer.

You didn't bother reading this then?
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/55m-plans-would-be-significant-boost-1107449.aspx

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I can't see that a hotel on site wouldn't improve the club's coffers - or why build it?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I did and it's all smoke and mirrors.

The application to build the hotel is being made by the Community Stadium Limited - a different company than Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Limited, ('the club')

TB is the majority share holder in each company and in the holding company Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Limited.

Additional profits in the Stadium will filter back to the holding company but that doesn't mean that they will filter back down to the club - what they do mean though is that overall TB's losses will be reduced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here