Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We're fourteenth?! I haven't looked at the table this weekend (or paid much attention to it), but assumed we were much lower than that, certainly going by the wrist slitting going on.

Just so a few more suicidal wrist slitters join the club, we are actually 15th, Leeds jumped to 9th place today after beating Brum 4-0

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If and I do stress if we continue going in the wrong direction. Relegation is unthinkable and I don't think it will come to that. But if don't beat Watford or Doncaster. I think Blackburn could be a massive game for Garcia, being just before another two week break. This isn't scare mongering, it is a genuine question. Bloom won't just sit back and see us falling and falling, far to much money at stake for that. Win against Watford and Doncaster and it's happy days again. But we all know football is a results business and the harsh reality is, we are not getting the results atm.
TB quietly backed Oscar a couple of weeks ago he understands the injury pile up and how it is effecting results.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The one thing Brighton is not short of is hotels. It's a small town where you can walk from anywhere to anywhere else in about ten minutes. Only us football fans have to submit to an hour's queue for a beery eight minute ride back into town from Falmer.it's the single most rubbish aspect of the whole new stadium thing. Most Brighton visitors come for weekends, Most BHAFC games (just about) take place at weekends. Why on earth would a hotel guest want to stay there? It's shit enough trying to get back into town as it is.

It is probably far more for the corporate events side of things. Conferences and company jollies with a stay at the attaching hotel.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The one thing Brighton is not short of is hotels. It's a small town where you can walk from anywhere to anywhere else in about ten minutes. Only us football fans have to submit to an hour's queue for a beery eight minute ride back into town from Falmer.it's the single most rubbish aspect of the whole new stadium thing. Most Brighton visitors come for weekends, Most BHAFC games (just about) take place at weekends. Why on earth would a hotel guest want to stay there? It's shit enough trying to get back into town as it is.

I'm quite willing to wager on the viability of a an hotel there. Firstly as it will be looking to do most of its business during the week and secondly because, whilst accepting the desirability of staying in Central Brighton at weekends, it is often impossible to get a room.

Still doesn't alter the fact that it has no bearing on the amount being spent on the team.

Aug 23, 2011
After we lost at Coventry in 2111 during our first season back in the championship....i think we were roughly in the same league place...performances were crap as i recall....do you think TB was thinking he had a problem then? (not getting at you..genuine question)

With your great future sight I'm curious did we get relegated back to the championship in 2111 or was it another promotion from below? Also how healthy and sane is TB at about 140?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Judging by the eight million quid operational deficit last season then no. They appear not to be very good at sums :dunce:

I would say the fact it was £8 mill, the amount they could lose under FFP I think, shows that are pretty good at sums!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I just have 2 words for you Stale Solbakken, exactly the same CV as Oscar, a big cheese in a small league. Hopelessly out of his depth in the Championship despite a reasonable start and when he was sacked Wolves were too late to save.

As for the injuries I remember a woefully depleted Albion side totally outplay the league leaders and thrash them on 1/1/12, why can't we show that spirit now instead of blaming the situation ?

Aug 23, 2011
Also presumably they went through the summer stuff to avoid paying out when sacking poyet so two months later they'd then sack someone? I would think and hope they would give him time. Most mangers given time turn it round eg Ferguson was and that turned out ok-ish

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I just have 2 words for you Stale Solbakken, exactly the same CV as Oscar, a big cheese in a small league. Hopelessly out of his depth in the Championship despite a reasonable start and when he was sacked Wolves were too late to save.

As for the injuries I remember a woefully depleted Albion side totally outplay the league leaders and thrash them on 1/1/12, why can't we show that spirit now instead of blaming the situation ?

Not exactly the same CV is it.
Was he chosen by johan cruyff to help him run the Catalan team? Or selected by him to manage his sons team. Or selected by Barcelona to run their youth team and had been earmarked for the 'B' team and had been widely touted for the top job in the future?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Are u related to Warnock in some way? you do seem to have a certain obsession with the geezer..it wouldnt surprise me if you wanted him as the next pm

I wouldn't say an obsession. I've always admired his "it's us against the world" attitude and the guy has got a cv second to none in this league. In answer to the is he retired question, I think it's a case of optional retirement until something tempting comes along..Quite frankly it baffles me why we would be recruiting players like Ward/Andrews/Lita etc. Don't get me wrong, I think they are all proven performers at this level, but is Garcia REALLY having any say in this at all??? If you going to have a squad full of seasoned champioship players, maybe a seasoned championship manager would be a good idea...Just a thought.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What I worry about is that people seem to think it is assured it will all come good one day with Garcia and that he is a god just because Bloom appointed him. With a full squad he may come good but half the season is gone. Yes, I know he was a very good footballer in Spain and yes I know he won the league title from 10 teams is it ? In Israel, hardly a hotbed of football but all I have seen so far has left very worried. Even with the team out yesterday we should be trampling over Yeovil if we are to have any ambition left at all.

No, people think it will come good with Garcia because of his pedigree. His playing experience, the coaches he has worked with, the potential top clubs see in him, his success in the Israeli league. No israel is not a hotbed of football, but it was a league that I'm sure he didn't know that well, and he made a success of it showing an ability to learn and adapt. That bloom appointed him is way down the list.

As someone else has pointed out, the season is 12 matches old and 12 is not half of 46. We've been told players will start returning in november.

Yeah, we should have been trampling Yeovil, but football is great in that what "should" happen doesn't always happen. 11 man Burnley should destroy 9 man for 80 minute brighton, but not only did they not, we very nearly nicked the points off them. 11 man Brighton should destroy 9 man Walsall. Man Utd should beat Southampton. Man City second string should still be enough to beat league one brighton, etc. What should happen and what does happen is often different in football.

There are plenty of mid-week business people coming into town as well as the usual weekend tourists. The hotel would also be an option for people who want to travel to lewes for court cases, good for families of students at the two universities.

That arduous trip back to town is only in the post match rush. It won't be there during the rest of the week. Heading into town on a match day is likely to occur early in the day when there is no rush, and coming back to the hotel would like be later in the evening when most traffic is going away from the stadium.

It's easier to say, 'lovin your work Ninj' instead of whooshing everybody that it past by.

I would have said that, but for his withdeanwanderer-esque writing off of Conway on the back of one full game v qpr where he played a part in helping us become the only team to take a point at their place, a couple of late appearances in games already won, and a match in which every player underperformed.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

The Wolves fans I know are angry with the club for getting rid of him; they believe that continuity would have won out over the course of the season, and that the disruption of changing manager ultimately sealed their fate.

But don't let that spoil your one sided viewpoint on the demise of Wolverhampton Wanderers.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Many may have missed this article published by the BBC a few months ago, but it is an article into the statistics behind managerial changes. I won't give away the outcomes of the study, reading it may give teach some of the pondlife on this thread a couple of things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23724517

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here