Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
but i'm not saying he'll sack him now. I actually said the new year would be the first time he might get rid, which is seven months after his appointment. I think it is highly unlikely we'll get more than 4 points from the next 5 games - watford (h), wigan (a) and bournemouth (a) are all nailed-on defeats for me, while blackburn (h) is probably our only chance of a win. We might get a 0-0 from doncaster (a) if we're really lucky. Let's just say we did take 4 points from the next 5 games, we'd probably be a minimum of 12 points off the play-offs. That's not too far away from 'season over' territory. I don't think many people are going to call for oscar's head this early or while we have so many players out, but on the back of another five poor results, december will be a different story. December is the big month for oscar. In it, we play four struggling/poor teams in barnsley, middlesbrough, huddersfield and charlton and we should have the likes of bridcutt, orlandi and ulloa back. If those games go wrong, the injuries excuse has disappeared and we are out of promotion contention by christmas i think he'll be gone in the new year.

dear oh dear!!!!!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
agreed, this is the most worrying thing. If i could see examples of inspirational leadership or a new style/pattern to our game that looked promising but was failing to come off because of our lack of quality personnel i would be more than happy with him. But it seems to me like not only is he a total dullard who stands on the sidelines with his arms folded for 90 minutes, his team (regardless of who is fit to play in it) struggles to keep possession, create chances or beat a man. He's only had three months to drag us this far down, i dread to think where we could be by christmas.

oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm unashamedly in the same camp as you. This guy is the real deal and will prove it. In the days and weeks to come we will realise how lucky we are to have him. BHA is a stepping stone on what is going to be a stellar management career, culminating in one of the mega jobs.
Lets enjoy the ride.
I remember after Derby thinking all the usual platitudes about time etc, but also thinking 'christ we were sh*te'.

Then v Burnley, we did something (I can't remember what) so well throughout the game, that was non-existent the week before.
As if he was working on one tiny facet of our game at a time.

From then on I was all in.
His record as per the 5 points from... thread is beginning to speak for itself.

Ironically unlike the man himself, has he taken credit for a single point yet, this season?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was wondering when this thread would get bounced. You'd have to be embarrassed by some of the comments made. Most 'sensible' people were clearly prepared to give Oscar a bit of time to get used to the squad, and the squad to adapt to him. We are starting to see some real unity now, and the results are starting to come.

I'm sure there will be some ups and downs but that result yesterday is a real marker down as to how our season could develop. With Bridcutt, Ulloa, Orlandi to all come back as well, reasons to be very cheerful indeed.

Last edited:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
To be honest I ignored this thread when it was posted as I knew it would be chock full of the ridiculous and appalling negativity which some posters thrive on, now it's pure comedy :lol: Anyone with a braincell knew Oscar needed time, especially after Lady Luck shat on the team from a great height

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We've had a makeshift side with star players out long term and the midfield relying on the likes of Ince & JFC, who have very little experience. Yet they have come through and looking like real prospects.

Now we are in a good position, injured players are coming back and previously untried youngsters can now be considered as able to fit into the 1st team.

It's been a bit of a slog but things are looking good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread has a 'sister' one, equally stooopid, I'll have a look and :bounce: in a minute.

You've got to wonder how much enjoyment some of our 'fans' got from yesterday's win.
If there's nothing to moan about, there's nothing to say.
Why isn't that the other way round?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Happy to have a manager trying to play a decent style of football while staying out of the limelight apart from a modest post-match appearance on pitch which has more to do with acknowledging the fans than anything else. Don't miss that ridiculous egotistic half-mad clown we used to have as manager one little bit.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It's always funny to remember the ridiculous threads on here when we lose. Sadly, these people won't learn and if we lose the next couple of games, they'll be back moaning again.

Sadly you are right. I'm beginning to think we need a "Thread of Shame" where the idiot malcontents that post on here have their whinging revealed when as usual things get better again. And we don't actually end up in the Ryman League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't miss that ridiculous egotistic half-mad clown we used to have as manager one little bit.
Horses for courses.
I think we would have missed the egotistical mad man, had TB made a poor appointment.

Gus was exactly the right manager to see us into the stadium.
Oscar is exactly the right manager to see us through the Premier League. (assuming he's given time and back by the board and fans).

Oscar on the biggest stage will have Hansen, Shearer et al, wondering where this genius has suddenly appeared from.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
But I'm not saying he'll sack him now. I actually said the new year would be the first time he might get rid, which is seven months after his appointment. I think it is highly unlikely we'll get more than 4 points from the next 5 games - Watford (h), Wigan (a) and Bournemouth (a) are all nailed-on defeats for me, while Blackburn (h) is probably our only chance of a win. We might get a 0-0 from Doncaster (a) if we're really lucky. Let's just say we did take 4 points from the next 5 games, we'd probably be a minimum of 12 points off the play-offs. That's not too far away from 'season over' territory. I don't think many people are going to call for Oscar's head this early or while we have so many players out, but on the back of another five poor results, December will be a different story. December is the big month for Oscar. In it, we play four struggling/poor teams in Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Charlton AND we should have the likes of Bridcutt, Orlandi and Ulloa back. If those games go wrong, the injuries excuse has disappeared and we are out of promotion contention by Christmas I think he'll be gone in the new year.

Usual bullshit that he'll no doubt claim was a joke.
Fantastic avatar though. Can't fault that.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love a good NSC bounce especially when it highlights a fellow poster's idiotic thoughts and ideas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here