Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wheelchair Access Toilets at the AMEX

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Just one additional point, you don't have to be on a register to be classified as disabled. For example, the Equality Act 2010 categorises all people with the progressive conditions MS, HIV and Cancer as having a disability - something that the club seems yet to realise/appreciate btw.

Absolutely AAD. The club seem to ignore the ambulant disabled and those with progressive illness, and it's wrong.

Theres only one person missing the point here, and you are missing it by some way.

So what happens if father and 6 yo girl use toilet, and another father and 6 yo old sees it. Do you let them use it. Say it father and sons then piss all over the seat. Not nice for the next disabled user. They are disabled toilets for f*** sake, why would anyone else need to use them?

What happens if someone goes in and takes 10 minutes and someone in a wheelchair turns up 30 seconds into the users mission??

In an ideal world you plea would work superbly. We are not in an ideal world, so its a f***ing stupid moan..... give it up for f*** sake, and yes on this occasion everyone else is correct and you are completely wrong.

Thank you Mr Burns.

Quite, which is why it took the club 3 months to provide me with a seat to sit on in the disabled section instead of the wheelchair they 'assumed I must use'

You were treated like shit EM, I am so pleased that you have had it sorted out at last, it certainly shouldn't have taken the length of time it did. As I said above, I think somebody should explain the word AMBULANT to the club.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You'd be surprised at the level of ignorance many disabled people face on a daily basis, the contents of this thread are only the tip of the iceberg.

Tell me about it, I've been around disabled people for years and thought I had a good knowledge of problems faced by disabled people on a daily basis but it's only been since I became disabled myself that I realised I knew very little.

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
I have been into the shop at the AMEX today and mentioned this thread to the Ticket Office. After a phone call they have said that stewards are instructed to only allow disabled people into the toilets marked DISABLED! The stewards will be have this again mentioned in their brief tomorrow for the game.

Everybody else (including myself) will have to use the gents or ladies!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here