Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wheelchair Access Toilets at the AMEX

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I think its perfectly reasonable for the club to only allow disabled supporters use of the disable toilet. You've only got to look in the gents, to see how many people are incapable of having a piss without pissing on the floor.

I would think a disabled person has enough issues getting on and off the bog, without having to contend with piss over the seat or floor. Not saying everyone does it, but guaranteed if they make it a free for all, it will happen!

My boy (in a wheelchair) has to use them, and I think I can say that on almost each home game this season, we have had to wait on occasion for 5mins, whilst some able bodied person occupies them, and on one occasion had someone try to jump in front of us! Then they piss all over the seat, as the seats do not lift up, and I have to clean it down. Would be really good on a RADAR key.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Here here. Can't believe some of the comments on this thread. Talk about wanting to fight everything just for the sake of it. Disabled toilets are for disabled people. End of. I'm also inclined to say the reason able bodies people shouldn't end up using them is because it would end up looking like men had been let into the ladies if you catch my meaning? :) that's not very pleasant for people forced to sit.

Usually agree with your posts but not this. Perhaps you haven't read the thread, there are what 4 toilets unused in the WSL? The stewards said the was NO ONE in a wheelchair. Yet a father is refused access with his kid. You figure it out, coz I can't.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Give it up mate, and admit you are wrong.

So you let the wheelchair toilet be used by anyone. Queues will form outside that as well, so you case of the father with his daughter, he'd still have to queue.

The issue then comes when some twat takes exception to a wheelchair user jumping the queue, and if you don't think that would happen inside a football ground, then your an idioit. 99% of people would be fine with it, but someone who has issues with themselves will want to pick a fight.

What happens if someone decides to take the paper and a jam sandwich in with them, and occupies it up for 10 minutes or more?

In an ideal would it would be fine, but in the real world it is not.

So unless you are disabled and were turned away from it, then give it up. You are just plain wrong on this one mate.

There will always be twats in the world that ruin things for everyone else, as I said, before I say everyone else is right and I am wrong clearly. It just doesn't sit right with me. If you saw it, you might change your mind. No I am not saying let able bodied use a wheelchair toilet ahead of a wheelchair user. But if there are a load of toilets no one is using and a dad with his daughter asks to use them, you think it's right to say no?
Well it's not right in my book. Also can I just reiterate that the steward themselves said there was no wheelchair user in the WSL. Go figure?

Look that's it now, I have no more to say apart from I think it was wrong what the steward did. You can't convince me otherwise.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
My boy (in a wheelchair) has to use them, and I think I can say that on almost each home game this season, we have had to wait on occasion for 5mins, whilst some able bodied person occupies them, and on one occasion had someone try to jump in front of us! Then they piss all over the seat, as the seats do not lift up, and I have to clean it down. Would be really good on a RADAR key.

Which stand is this in? You should complain about it to the club. I bet it's not the WSL concourse because they wouldn't even let a 5 years old girl in them, let alone fellas that piss on the seat.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I should point out that I am in favour of keeping them able bodied free, if there is a need to do that. I'm minded to play it by ear and find out how many disabled people would need to use that facility before a blanket ban on able bodied people, but perhaps too complicated. I was merely pointing out that they disabled toilets are not specifically, in most cases, aimed for just the disabled.

I don't see the harm in having them for solely disabled people though.

I was in the Jubliee Library and about to have a guttral explosion and the only toilets left vacant were those for 'conference users', people whom were non-existant on a weekend. There needs to be a little common sense.

However, if you make an exception for a father and child (whom are not guaranteed to use in the appropriate fashion), then you are going to get all and sundry wanting to use the facilities.

I'd rather they clamp down on smokers using toilets to smoke as opposed to vacating the odd disabled toilet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm pretty sure anybody sensible would see the wheelchair sign and automatically assume that the toilets were disabled toilets. Universal signage. You'll see it at any airport. Not quite sure why the OP keeps banging on about Wheelchair Access Toilets like they were something other than toilets for the use of disabled people, whether they're in wheelchairs or whether they're not.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The issue then comes when some twat takes exception to a wheelchair user jumping the queue, and if you don't think that would happen inside a football ground, then your an idioit. 99% of people would be fine with it, but someone who has issues with themselves will want to pick a fight.

From what I've been that told there has been a threat of violence this season towards a disabled helper from a bunch of pissheads who would'nt let a wheelchair fan take priority at the disabled toilets, Thats probably why stewards are clamping down on it now. There's something wrong when a disabled person cant use a disabled toilet without threats of violence or moans from able bodied fans who cant be bothered to queue for the tiolets they have provided.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Some of you seem incapable of understanding the issue here. This will be my last post on this ( thank god I hear some say).
There was no wheelchair user or anyone with a disability that ment they had to use those toilets. This was confirmed by the steward.
So I can only parallel it to my work. So I have an aircraft with 350 passengers, 9 toilets of which one is a wheelchair access toilet. No one on board that flight is a wheelchair user. Do I instruct the crew to block off the wheelchair access toilet, even though there are ques at the other toilets, the access one goes unused? Is that the correct thing to do?
Have a think about it.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
From what I've been that told there has been a threat of violence this season towards a disabled helper from a bunch of pissheads who would'nt let a wheelchair fan take priority at the disabled toilets, Thats probably why stewards are clamping down on it now. There's something wrong when a disabled person cant use a disabled toilet without threats of violence or moans from able bodied fans who cant be bothered to queue for the tiolets they have provided.

You are correct BB, I was told by some prat, that "just because my legs don't work, that don't give me the right to use a toilet over anyone else" When I told him I take pills for a bladder problem as well all he could come back with was "you should have been shot at birth, and people like me give spastics a bad name" He was pissed, but my Son who is 18 and also my carer on match days, was going to smack him one, but I managed to stop him, otherwise we would be the ones banned and not him. With hindsight I should have reported it to the club, but I have been brought up to not grass on people, and I am sure that one day the prat will get whats coming to him.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Some of you seem incapable of understanding the issue here. This will be my last post on this ( thank god I hear some say).
There was no wheelchair user or anyone with a disability that ment they had to use those toilets. This was confirmed by the steward.
So I can only parallel it to my work. So I have an aircraft with 350 passengers, 9 toilets of which one is a wheelchair access toilet. No one on board that flight is a wheelchair user. Do I instruct the crew to block off the wheelchair access toilet, even though there are ques at the other toilets, the access one goes unused? Is that the correct thing to do?
Have a think about it.

The more of your posts I read on this subject the more it does'nt seem to add up because the way it's coming across to me is either your spending all your spare time hanging around outside the disabled toilets watching and listening to everything thats going on ( In which case that would be a bit weird ) Or you've got some kind of objection to disabled people having our own toilets to use ( And that would be weird as well ) Are you sure all of what your saying is actually true or is it a case of the stewards would'nt let you use the disabled toilets but the only way you can have a moan about it on here is to make out it was an innocent little kid that was refused entry?

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Why should a disabled person have to wait while able bodied are using the toilets?The Disabled person might have Crohns disease.I've seen able bodied people use them when there has been no queue at the Gents just because they were nearer.Radar key is the answer,fully agree LBTP.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are correct BB, I was told by some prat, that "just because my legs don't work, that don't give me the right to use a toilet over anyone else" When I told him I take pills for a bladder problem as well all he could come back with was "you should have been shot at birth, and people like me give spastics a bad name" He was pissed, but my Son who is 18 and also my carer on match days, was going to smack him one, but I managed to stop him, otherwise we would be the ones banned and not him. With hindsight I should have reported it to the club, but I have been brought up to not grass on people, and I am sure that one day the prat will get whats coming to him.

Take a read of the above Captain Sensible.

For the record I think disabled toilets at footballl should be for disabled people, end off. I really do not give a hoot if no one uses them during a particular game. The point is, they are there if and when required. It's a shame we have so many selfish and/or dumb supporters who have an issue with this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Booooo. I liked you pevious avatar British Bulldog.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It is amazing how some of the Able are jealous of the perks some disabled get,they think that the disabled get free Motability cars,they don't,they have to pay the mobility allowance for the car,not sure what it is at the moment,somewhere over £200 a month. Able bodied people park in disabled bays because they're nearer the doors. I knew a guy that used to park in them because he did'nt want his Chelsea tractor scratched. Also know of some people even ask a disabled persons GP what is wrong with them.Afraid the green eyed monster is alive and well. I would'nt wish disability on anyone...including the jealous able bodied but I do wish the able bodied had more consideration for the disabled,god forbid it happens to you..but if it did...you'd be the first one screaming for your 'perks'.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Booooo. I liked you pevious avatar British Bulldog.

It will be back HT I only changed it because the Albion had'nt won a game since I started using it so I changed it prior to the game on Sunday and we won, It's totaly stupid but you know how supersticious us football fans can be.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You are correct BB, I was told by some prat, that "just because my legs don't work, that don't give me the right to use a toilet over anyone else" When I told him I take pills for a bladder problem as well all he could come back with was "you should have been shot at birth, and people like me give spastics a bad name" He was pissed, but my Son who is 18 and also my carer on match days, was going to smack him one, but I managed to stop him, otherwise we would be the ones banned and not him.

I don't think so. I think your son would have been quite within his rights.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
From the off we asked the club to put RADAR locks on the disabled loos. For several games the queues outside the disabled toilets were massive but the majority were able bodied supporters . I am pleased that most people understand the need for the disabled toilets are for kept for those who need them. We asked for the toilets to be stewarded because the amount of abuse we received. It came to the point that when a carer of a disabled lady asked 3 men to let her use the disabled toilet first they threatened to take him in the toilet & batter him. We are still pushing the club to put RADAR locks on the toilets. But for those of you who think we are being unreasonable , please we remeber , you can physically use our toilets, we cant physically use yours.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We asked for the toilets to be stewarded because the amount of abuse we received. It came to the point that when a carer of a disabled lady asked 3 men to let her use the disabled toilet first they threatened to take him in the toilet & batter him.

Genuinely alarming thought that ferals like that are allowed to roam freely through the Amex. Hopefully they've all since been banned for pitch invasion and/or bottle throwing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have a think about it.

Which game was this where we had no disabled people in the crowd at all? Has there even been a game when no one in a wheelchair showed up? Because your aircraft analogy only works if there are absolutely no disabled people in the stand, so which game was this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here