Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wheelchair Access Toilets at the AMEX

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It seems obvious that Capt Sensible thinks that you are only disabled if you are in a wheelchair.
The door has a picture of a wheelchair on it because that is the universal sign for disabled, not for wheelchair users, so the steward may have told you that there were no
wheelchair users at a certain match, but I bet there were 100's of registered disabled.
As mentioned, the only way to police this is to fit locks with Radar keys, which only disabled people can apply for.
Perhaps, the stewards can be dismissed, and with the wages saved, they could build some parent and sibling toilets to apease Capt Sensible

It seems obvious that Capt Sensible thinks that you are only disabled if you are in a wheelchair.
The door has a picture of a wheelchair on it because that is the universal sign for disabled, not for wheelchair users, so the steward may have told you that there were no
wheelchair users at a certain match, but I bet there were 100's of registered disabled.
As mentioned, the only way to police this is to fit locks with Radar keys, which only disabled people can apply for.
Perhaps, the stewards can be dismissed, and with the wages saved, they could build some parent and sibling toilets to apease Capt Sensible

Just one additional point, you don't have to be on a register to be classified as disabled. For example, the Equality Act 2010 categorises all people with the progressive conditions MS, HIV and Cancer as having a disability - something that the club seems yet to realise/appreciate btw.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Some of you seem incapable of understanding the issue here. This will be my last post on this ( thank god I hear some say).
There was no wheelchair user or anyone with a disability that ment they had to use those toilets. This was confirmed by the steward.
So I can only parallel it to my work. So I have an aircraft with 350 passengers, 9 toilets of which one is a wheelchair access toilet. No one on board that flight is a wheelchair user. Do I instruct the crew to block off the wheelchair access toilet, even though there are ques at the other toilets, the access one goes unused? Is that the correct thing to do?
Have a think about it.
Theres only one person missing the point here, and you are missing it by some way.

So what happens if father and 6 yo girl use toilet, and another father and 6 yo old sees it. Do you let them use it. Say it father and sons then piss all over the seat. Not nice for the next disabled user. They are disabled toilets for f*** sake, why would anyone else need to use them?

What happens if someone goes in and takes 10 minutes and someone in a wheelchair turns up 30 seconds into the users mission??

In an ideal world you plea would work superbly. We are not in an ideal world, so its a f***ing stupid moan..... give it up for f*** sake, and yes on this occasion everyone else is correct and you are completely wrong.

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
Theres only one person missing the point here, and you are missing it by some way.

So what happens if father and 6 yo girl use toilet, and another father and 6 yo old sees it. Do you let them use it. Say it father and sons then piss all over the seat. Not nice for the next disabled user. They are disabled toilets for f*** sake, why would anyone else need to use them?

What happens if someone goes in and takes 10 minutes and someone in a wheelchair turns up 30 seconds into the users mission??

In an ideal world you plea would work superbly. We are not in an ideal world, so its a f***ing stupid moan..... give it up for f*** sake, and yes on this occasion everyone else is correct and you are completely wrong.

Well said. Following on from what I said earlier. When I'm back on my feet in a few weeks time. I wouldn't use them and never did before.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Just one additional point, you don't have to be on a register to be classified as disabled. For example, the Equality Act 2010 categorises all people with the progressive conditions MS, HIV and Cancer as having a disability - something that the club seems yet to realise/appreciate btw.

Quite, which is why it took the club 3 months to provide me with a seat to sit on in the disabled section instead of the wheelchair they 'assumed I must use'

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From the off we asked the club to put RADAR locks on the disabled loos. For several games the queues outside the disabled toilets were massive but the majority were able bodied supporters . I am pleased that most people understand the need for the disabled toilets are for kept for those who need them. We asked for the toilets to be stewarded because the amount of abuse we received. It came to the point that when a carer of a disabled lady asked 3 men to let her use the disabled toilet first they threatened to take him in the toilet & batter him. We are still pushing the club to put RADAR locks on the toilets. But for those of you who think we are being unreasonable , please we remeber , you can physically use our toilets, we cant physically use yours.

And this is exactly why most of us totally accept the situation: because (shockingly IMHO) there are still people around who think their own need for a piss (or more specifically their desire not to have to queue five minutes for one) comes ahead of the need of a genuinely disabled fan. THAT, CS, is why the stewards are there, and that is why they took the stance that they did.

No complaints from me whatsoever: tinytears I sincerely hope you and all the other people to whom this applies get more respect next time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Above.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm genuinely shocked at the abuse and threats disabled folk have received. Whilst I can understand some selfish prick using the loos instead of queueing for 5 mins, abuse and physical threats are something all together different. Please report them so they can hopefully be banned.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm genuinely shocked at the abuse and threats disabled folk have received. Whilst I can understand some selfish prick using the loos instead of queueing for 5 mins, abuse and physical threats are something all together different. Please report them so they can hopefully be banned.

You'd be surprised at the level of ignorance many disabled people face on a daily basis, the contents of this thread are only the tip of the iceberg.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You'd be surprised at the level of ignorance many disabled people face on a daily basis, the contents of this thread are only the tip of the iceberg.

Very true, though we should also consider those who don't have a visible disibility (using a chair or having a guide dog, for example) but are still registered as such. These folk are still entitled to make use of the disabled loos should they wish to do so. I hope that the crusaders who are ready to challenge anyone who doesn't look disabled, and just dodging the queues for the bogs, check their facts before launching a salvo into some unsuspecting individual who is really entitled...but other than that, good luck in your quest.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Very true, though we should also consider those who don't have a visible disibility (using a chair or having a guide dog, for example) but are still registered as such. These folk are still entitled to make use of the disabled loos should they wish to do so. I hope that the crusaders who are ready to challenge anyone who doesn't look disabled, and just dodging the queues for the bogs, check their facts before launching a salvo into some unsuspecting individual who is really entitled...but other than that, good luck in your quest.

My only quest is give my mrs a decent quality of life by caring for her the best way I know how which includes avoiding stress and stressful situations. I'm a carer not a crusader.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That's what I was sort of getting at: the OP was rather suggesting (at least it comes across that way) that disabled people had some sort of unfair advantage if they didn't have to queue for a toilet. Well screw that, I'm sure they have a million and one other disadvantages every single day that wouldn't even occur to most of us without having to think long and hard about it. I can wait my turn quite happily, and count my blessings that I'm fortunate to be in a position where that's actually a choice for me.

PS perhaps the OP should consider moving his seat to the WSU, then there'd be fewer of those inconsiderate, pesky wheelchair-users to hog the toilets every time this hypothetical child needs a wee?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That's what I was sort of getting at: the OP was rather suggesting (at least it comes across that way) that disabled people had some sort of unfair advantage if they didn't have to queue for a toilet. Well screw that, I'm sure they have a million and one other disadvantages every single day that wouldn't even occur to most of us without having to think long and hard about it. I can wait my turn quite happily, and count my blessings that I'm fortunate to be in a position where that's actually a choice for me.

PS perhaps the OP should consider moving his seat to the WSU, then there'd be fewer of those inconsiderate, pesky wheelchair-users to hog the toilets every time this hypothetical child needs a wee?

My mrs exact words "I wish I could queue for 5 minutes unaided to use a toilet".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My mrs exact words "I wish I could queue for 5 minutes unaided to use a toilet".

I hope you can both see where the support broadly lies on this thread :thumbsup:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My only quest is give my mrs a decent quality of life by caring for her the best way I know how which includes avoiding stress and stressful situations. I'm a carer not a crusader.

Sorry if offence was caused. What I was angling at was that the people who are hacked off by others abusing the disabled toilets seem willing to challenge the guilty parties, hence the crusader tag...possibly a poor choice of words on my part!

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sorry if offence was caused. What I was angling at was the people who are hacked off by people abusing the disabled toilets seem willing to challenge the guilty parties, hence the crusader tag...possibly a poor choice of words on my part!

No offence caused to me Gully, think it's fair to say I've offended more than my fair share on NSC :lol:, besides you can usually tell when someone has just been "caught" using a disabled toilet and a glare is often more than enough to get the point across.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...you can usually tell when someone has just been "caught" using a disabled toilet and a glare is often more than enough to get the point across.

I was thinking that a swift kick to the knackers might leave them with something to think about!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was thinking that a swift kick to the knackers might leave them with something to think about!!!

Yup, a good solid hard kick to the goolies will not only deliver justice but also give them a legitimate reason to use the disabled toilets next time round. Win win I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here