[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Travelling through a YouTube music wormhole and came across this from 1971, I'd forgotten it completely, great song, apparently Titanic were a mix of Norwegians and Brits and look more than a little stoned in this video!
:smokin: :lolol:

Got to number 5 in the UK charts.

wow that is some belt buckle !!

Sounds very similar or at least influenced by of these American GI's based in Germany, back in the early 60s

https://youtu.be/3H-fmmNmrRs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very Joy Division background

These boys were true auteurs. Uncompromising. In it to make astonishing soundscapes, and that's it. Poor as church mice. Didn't give a shit. :bowdown:

(The CD is one of Mrs T's favourites, which pleases me greatly :lolol: :thumbsup:)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
These boys were true auteurs. Uncompromising. In it to make astonishing soundscapes, and that's it. Poor as church mice. Didn't give a shit. :bowdown:

(The CD is one of Mrs T's favourites, which pleases me greatly :lolol: :thumbsup:)

Appreciate everything, but….

There’s no aggression 😂😉

I love a strong drum and bass (preferably double) beat, maybe I’m just angry

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Travelling through a YouTube music wormhole and came across this from 1971, I'd forgotten it completely, great song, apparently Titanic were a mix of Norwegians and Brits and look more than a little stoned in this video!
:smokin: :lolol:

Got to number 5 in the UK charts.

Around the same time as another lost classic - Witch Queen of New Orleans by Redbone?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Love this - played it three times today already.

She's playing at The Greys next month, looking forward to that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_idjPCmTuyw

Crikey, haven't been to The Greys since I saw Gene Parsons perform there and Mike Lance was still the publican and gig booker!

Back on topic, I won't be listening to much today, but this might be the most interesting. Jimmy Page eventually settled out of court for nicking it and claiming the royalties without giving a songwriting credit.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Finally after years of looking I found a copy I could afford!.
Originally bought from one of the 10p bins that proliferated in North Laine in the early 70s and lost in the mists of time ....
Eric ' Monty' Morris - Little District , ska from 64 on Rio label.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDrE6R0wjMg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports