Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Busy day on here today. Reading an obituary cum article about Lamont Dozier in Uncut today and realised he co-wrote a very special song. Please Mr Postman sung by The Marvelletes. As an impressionable 9 year old, I first heard it by The Beatles on With the Beatles. Christmas 1963, my sister had the album for Christmas from her boyfriend and I had the magic of The Beatles. An indelible memory of the Christmas tree in the bay of the lounge window in our bungalow and this playing on the big upright Ecko radiogram nearby with my lovely parents chuntering around doing Christmas things while I played in front of the open fire. Bloody hell, I'm old.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's a coincidence.

I very recently purchased a cheap resonator guitar and am very enthusiastic about it. Just started messing around with a slide and some pedals using loads of reverb, chorus and octave on it.

Harley Benton Resoking, Boss SuperOverdrive, Boss Flanger, TC Electronics Nether and the Behringer Ultra Tremolo and Chorus pedals through a vox practice amp.

(Through headphones)

Sounds awful.

Last edited:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Travelling through a YouTube music wormhole and came across this from 1971, I'd forgotten it completely, great song, apparently Titanic were a mix of Norwegians and Brits and look more than a little stoned in this video!
:smokin: :lolol:

Got to number 5 in the UK charts.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Well that's a coincidence.

I very recently purchased a cheap resonator guitar and am very enthusiastic about it. Just started messing around with a slide and some pedals using loads of reverb, chorus and octave on it.

Harley Benton Resoking, Boss SuperOverdrive, Boss Flanger, TC Electronics Nether and the Behringer Ultra Tremolo and Chorus pedals through a vox practice amp.

(Through headphones)

Sounds awful.

Sounds like you have a good set up there
Miller is a guitar god

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here