[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm having this for yesterday. Because I'm worth it. And because you're worth it. Double plus class :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQqFeCCuwW0&t=208s

See you one Memories and raise you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lADVeUQ6Zfc

A Pedant Writes: Daevid Allen was apparently very unhappy with his guitar on this but as usual Robert Wyatt's vocal saves it.

Allen was about to be refused re-entry to the UK - not so much for being a stroppy dope smoking Aussie but because he had overstayed his original Visa.

As a consequence he stayed in France to start up the massive worldwide jazz/prog/space rock project of Gong and its myriad offshoots for the next 50 years.

Much to the joy of a certain NSCer who doesn't usually post on this thread but I know is a massive Gong Fan... :rock:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
See you one Memories and raise you...

A Pedant Writes: Daevid Allen was apparently very unhappy with his guitar on this but as usual Robert Wyatt's vocal saves it.

Allen was about to be refused re-entry to the UK - not so much for being a stroppy dope smoking Aussie but because he had overstayed his original Visa.

As a consequence he stayed in France to start up the massive worldwide jazz/prog/space rock project of Gong and its myriad offshoots for the next 50 years.

Much to the joy of a certain NSCer who doesn't usually post on this thread but I know is a massive Gong Fan... :rock:

Ah, Gong. I saw them in London nearly 20 years ago, now, with a former (old style) NSCer who used to drive trains, who I haven't seen for years (user name something like jcsm). Lovely bloke.

And I saw one of Allen's last appearances at the Canterbury Festival (that also gave us Richard Sinclair's last UK performance, a version of Hatfield and the North, and the last decent gig by Caravan with Dougie Boyle on guitar). I absolutely loved it. Bob the retired social worker, my companion for the evening, who saw the Beatles live at least 20 times, thought it was all shit. Especially Allen.

Opinions, eh? :lolol:

I never much fancied Wyatt when he sang like he was auditioning for one of John Mayall's bands. Matching Mole and his solo records are different class.

Later today I will post another song by The Midnight. Sometimes uplifting music sung by someone with the voice of a god is just the ticket :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am an absolute sucker for Johnny Marr’s guitar playing.

Not really my kind of music but the teasing use of the guitar breaks into full on guitar at around 3 mins 50. Love it

I never expected to like a basically electronic Pet Shop Boys song :shrug:

https://youtu.be/eLu3e8-hJyg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports