Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What’s best for a bacon sandwich? Streaky or back?

Well?

• I’m backing back!

Votes: 107 70.4%
  • The streak shall inherit the earth!

Votes: 45 29.6%

• Total voters

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm almost certain this thread is fixtures, with more options on the poll as well.

However as it is easier to reply than search for it thick cut smoked back Bacon with the fat nice and crispy on door stop white bread toasted and lashings of butter. Tomato sauce optional.

Yoda

English & European
I don't mind either as long as the fat has been cooked to within a crisp of it's life. Must be smoked though, it's not bacon unless it's smoked.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Smoked back and just before it becomes too crisp. Also, have started adding sweet chilli dipping sauce. Worth a try, might convert a few brown saucers!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm almost certain this thread is fixtures, with more options on the poll as well.

However as it is easier to reply than search for it thick cut smoked back Bacon with the fat nice and crispy on door stop white bread toasted and lashings of butter. Tomato sauce optional.

perfect, a scrunch of fresh black pepper also a good optional extra.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I would say back if you wanted a regular bacon sandwich with brown/red sauce, but streaky if you wanted a BLT

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing you can get over here in Germany.. I always get visitors to bring some over for me..

For all the things the Germans make from a pig the lack of bacon is strange. For a few seasons, trips to Albion games had me doubling up as a rasher mule. I even made my own bacon at one stage. But then this guy opened up in Berlin.

Quality is brilliant and he supplies most of the hipster cafes and a number of restaurants as well. He’s a thoroughly charming guy, and quite a character.

http://www.thesausagemanneversleeps.com/about-us

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Or ? What’s wrong with both? Smoked Back for the flavour and crispy streaky for a bit of crunch, between thick slices of heavily buttered very fresh white bloomer.

This is what I was going to say. Both! With brown sauce, obviously.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

After 33 years of NSC everything is fixtures, in a minute us non-meat eaters will be along to talk about pigs being highly intelligent creatures who experience empathy and collective distress at the point of slaughter etc.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Smoked back, fresh tiger bread, pretend margarine, brown sauce....napkin.
If I'm feeling really trendy, as above with fried egg.
Feel sorry for you pasty lot, er....I'm mean non meat eaters, as you just can't emulate the taste of bacon from vegetable products

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have just had a cheeky mid week bacon sarnie. The perils of working from home.....

Back for me with brown sauce. I prefer smoked, she prefers unsmoked so we have unsmoked in. Thick white bread. Nom nom.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
After 33 years of NSC everything is fixtures, in a minute us non-meat eaters will be along to talk about pigs being highly intelligent creatures who experience empathy and collective distress at the point of slaughter etc.

If they're that intelligent why did they make themselves so tasty?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
for breakfast yesterday we had dry cured unsmoked back, fried egg and fresh multi cereal loaf from the patisserie. with butter, no sauce just a bit of pepper and a few thin slices of large plum tomato.

magarine is evil, brown sauce is close.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It's a bacon sarnie. With added lettuce and tomato.

I dont think you are meant to add extra components and stuff, its not in the spirit of the thread. Its a BLT isnt it

If we are allowed to bend the rules though I like my bacon sandwich with no bread, and added black pudding, sausages, baked beans, mushrooms and 2 fried eggs, with a pot of tea. And extra bacon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here