Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What’s best for a bacon sandwich? Streaky or back?

Well?

• I’m backing back!

Votes: 107 70.4%
  • The streak shall inherit the earth!

Votes: 45 29.6%

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Streaky, cooked crispy. White bread, one side of each slice toasted. This gives you integrity and crunch because the toasted side is facing out and then you hit the soft untoasted side mingling with bacon grease and Henderson's Relish and then the crispy crunch of the bacon. So, toast one side of each slice. Game changer.

Oh and white sliced. Everytime.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Back, non-smoked, THICK CUT (crucial). Cooked till crisp.

I was a brown saucer, but have recently converted to the red and have not regretted it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
An old friend of mine is Jewish.

I asked him if he was ever mind-fooked by the smell of a beautiful bacon sandwich, the morning after a night out, with a fuggy head and a ravenous hunger... and wether he wondered if one tasted as good as it smells.

"I can tell you, to my eternal shame, that it does taste as good as it smells. I caved in. Once." was his reply.

He assured me that God did not jump down off his cloud and strike a bolt of lightning directly at his scrotum - but once he'd properly sobered up, he may as well have done. :lolol:

There's nothing like a Bacon Sarnie - and for me, it's white bread, back bacon with the fat trimmed off, some raw onion and tomato ketchup. You can stick your brown sauce somewhere equally brown.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Streaky, cooked crispy. White bread, one side of each slice toasted. This gives you integrity and crunch because the toasted side is facing out and then you hit the soft untoasted side mingling with bacon grease and HP sauce and then the crispy crunch of the bacon. So, toast one side of each slice. Game changer.

Oh and white sliced. Everytime.

As Mrs Jakarta is diabetic we have gone over to wholemeal bread but I do sneak out for work and hit the roadside Butty Vans on occasion so have to agree with above. Fresh Bloomer bread rather than horrid sliced stuff and don't think it needs to be toasted, obviously all down to personal preference. Jesus I need one!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Or ? What’s wrong with both? Smoked Back for the flavour and crispy streaky for a bit of crunch, between thick slices of heavily buttered very fresh white bloomer.

Why have I never thought of that? You sir, are a genius and I thank you.

Will be doing that VERY soon.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Smoked Middle - best of both cuts.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why have I never thought of that? You sir, are a genius and I thank you.

Will be doing that VERY soon.

I’m not a genius..........I wish I’d thought of it but it was more a random discovery. Had small amounts of both in the fridge and a fresh loaf......so cooked it all up. It was a revelation! I buy both now just so I can mix them [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I went in to the butcher's today and said "I'd like some bacon please." He said "Lean back?"
I said "I'd like some bacon please."
Somehow, this joke isn't working?

I went to the same butchers yesterday, and said
'I bet you £50 that you can't reach the ribeyes on the top shelf'
He said 'No, the steaks are too high'

I'm sorry, I'll get my cote (de bouef)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was back. But I bought some streaky this weekend, for the first time in a while. And it crisped up really nicely and was a delight in the soft white bread with butter. The bacon fat was turning orange and the bacon itself was dark and almost burnt. Glorious.

I’d always suspected you were a wrong’un. The above post confirms my suspicions. Philip Warren smoked back all the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here