Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you change about the stadium (and site) if it could be done over again?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Although everyone defends it to high hell (after Withdean that's understandable) but a lot of what some away fans have said about it are perfectly valid. The fact there's nothing around it (pubs, food outlets) let's it down massively and whilst it's not out on an industrial estate like say Stoke's is, it may as well be for the facilities near by.

Obviously the ground is brilliant for a lot of things but that's not to say it's perfect. What changes would you have made given the chance?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
yes - but 10 minutes on the train from the centre and you are there. So the bit about
being let down by no pubs/food outlets is not true really.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Although everyone defends it to high hell (after Withdean that's understandable) but a lot of what some away fans have said about it are perfectly valid. The fact there's nothing around it (pubs, food outlets) let's it down massively and whilst it's not out on an industrial estate like say Stoke's is, it may as well be for the facilities near by.

Obviously the ground is brilliant for a lot of things but that's not to say it's perfect. What changes would you have made given the chance?

Build it in Churchill Square

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Steeper rake on north stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The Arena in Amsterdam has a car park under the stadium. Not used for matchday parking but as a Park and Ride for the City Centre as there is an adjoining tram/metro station. The Amex would have been perfect for this with its road, rail and bus links and could have been the recipient of all year round revenue.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
yes - but 10 minutes on the train from the centre and you are there. So the bit about
being let down by no pubs/food outlets is not true really.

Plus, I see that as a positive for the club, because there is nowhere else to eat/drink the Amex is a cash cow! That's why we can afford to pay players like Vicente!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I would have made the north and south stands bigger, I'd also paint all the concrete white or maybe even blue and white so it doesn't look so bare.....perhaps the club could do that anyway?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Well they did want the site by Brighton Station.

Hypothetically, if the club bought some land off the uni and built a pub/bar there, would that not work in their favour?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
At the current site... probably steeper rake of seats and a bigger north stand end / kop.

At another site? could we have knocked the greyhound stadium down and built a 25K ground there?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
More external bars/pubs. Proper ones. With memorabilia and stuff on the walls and lots of seats and tables. Like Orient's if anyone has been in there.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Bigger North stand, or the possibility to make it bigger/steeper.

Would have been wise to put concrete for top tier East stand in when we built it as per MK Dons to make expansion easier.

But it is a great stadium as it is!

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011

I think the only downside with the Amex is the lack of a larger kop ie north stand. I suppose this was down to having to fit the stadium into the landscape. Apart from that its great

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here