What was your best ever Christmas present?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I asked for a nes one year, I was never one to give a list of things, it was the only thing I asked for (plus a game or two).

On christmas morning I came down and opened all my presents, no nes. No main present at all, I had socks, I had a tube of sweets, jumper, jeans, etc. I put on a brave face, was grateful, of course. Eventually I took my stuff back to my room where I was surprised by the appearance of another present! It had been sneaked in there, and it was the nes and games I wanted! May not have been the best present ever (I'm not usually one to get the latest console as soon as it's out, often waiting for it to become established before buying), but it was a brilliant surprise which made it seem even better.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
SEGA.Mega.Drive.jpg

This.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I asked for a nes one year, I was never one to give a list of things, it was the only thing I asked for (plus a game or two).

On christmas morning I came down and opened all my presents, no nes. No main present at all, I had socks, I had a tube of sweets, jumper, jeans, etc. I put on a brave face, was grateful, of course. Eventually I took my stuff back to my room where I was surprised by the appearance of another present! It had been sneaked in there, and it was the nes and games I wanted! May not have been the best present ever (I'm not usually one to get the latest console as soon as it's out, often waiting for it to become established before buying), but it was a brilliant surprise which made it seem even better.

Reminds me of what happened to my brother on his 7th birthday. He said that he didn't wany any presents, all he wanted for his birthday was his family. He gets downstairs and their is one present, a fun size mars bar. :lolol:

My mum had to show him where she had left his presents as he had burst into tears. :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reminds me of what happened to my brother on his 7th birthday. He said that he didn't wany any presents, all he wanted for his birthday was his family. He gets downstairs and their is one present, a fun size mars bar. :lolol:

My mum had to show him where she had left his presents as he had burst into tears. :lolol:

:lolol:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Maybe not my best but was great fun at the time.

Attachments

• knievel 12.jpg
    knievel 12.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 197

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
we were pretty hard up when I was a kid.

one christmas santa brought me and my brother the arnold plamer pro-shot golf game, it was like a mimi golfer on the end of a golf club, and you pulled a lever on the handle and the little golfer swung the club and smashed the ball down the fairway.

never wanted anything else.

oh, and the stocking on the bed post was always an old sock with a satsuma in it. marvellous. jumpers for goalposts.

I had one of those - it had interchangeable clubs too. What fun.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

My parents did a similar thing to me. I was DESPERATE for a Spectrum, and on Christmas morning I unwrapped one of these
competition_pro_5000.jpg

Brill. Then my dad says "We'll get you the computer for your birthday son". My birthday is in October.
My bottom lip quivered but I held firm and pretended that was absolutely fine and that yes, I was chuffed with the Joystick. Obviously the Spectrum was behind the settee all the time and was duley "found" as the final present. Sadly by this time something inside me had already been broken by the experience, and I ended up brutally killing three cats that holiday season for no good reason, smearing their still warm blood on the back of the garage wall and howling to the clear night sky.

Manic Minor was ace though.

My parents did a similar thing to me. I was DESPERATE for a Spectrum, and on Christmas morning I unwrapped one of these
competition_pro_5000.jpg

Brill. Then my dad says "We'll get you the computer for your birthday son". My birthday is in October.
My bottom lip quivered but I held firm and pretended that was absolutely fine and that yes, I was chuffed with the Joystick. Obviously the Spectrum was behind the settee all the time and was duley "found" as the final present. Sadly by this time something inside me had already been broken by the experience, and I ended up brutally killing three cats that holiday season for no good reason, smearing their still warm blood on the back of the garage wall and howling to the clear night sky.

Manic Minor was ace though.

:lolol:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'd say my first push bike, About 10years old, jumped out of bed and ran to parents room to WAKE them up and find out why they wernt awake at the crack of DAWN on christmas morning. They had odd looks on and said so do you like it? To which I responded like what? my dad then told me to go into my room again...Turns out I was so excited as I jumped out of bed I'd run straight past my brand new push bike! So shiney!

Was blue and silver if I remember.

Had it not taken my leg of it'd be my motorbike my dad helped me with. Still amazes me I still have it. (my leg that it)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It should have been:

images

but my parents were too slow off the mark and all the shops had sold out :(

I've never recovered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports