Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the hell is going on at QPR?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Talking about subbutteo teams

Norwich was my favourite, followed by Blackburn and the feyenoord.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Feel really sorry for the QPR fans. I think in many ways there are like us, not uber-massive support but a very solid core of 13-15,000 with others who get involved when they are doing well, and a real community club.

After a brilliant season even the final days were tarnished by the Faurlin case and worries they would have points deducted, so they didn't get to celebrate it properly, and now this.

Briatore has banned journalists in the past who questioned his commitment, but it is clear they were right. With Taraabt I think even the team from last year would have given it a go, and certainly with a couple of additions. Without him and no signings, I can't see them staying up. What an opportunity wasted, all that hard work thrown away by Ecclestone and the dodgy Italian.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
f*** QPR and f*** their plastic pitch.

That said, QPR were my 3rd favourite subbuteo team to play with.

Boo hoo!! go tell someone who cares.
This is our time now!!

Some people have very short memories.

Superhoops, the way your fans and club have been treated by these two idiots. What should be a fantastic season ahead, is already turning into a nightmare. I don't know how, but I hope you manage to get things sorted through the FA. But these are very powerful men.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Feel really sorry for the QPR fans. I think in many ways there are like us, not uber-massive support but a very solid core of 13-15,000 with others who get involved when they are doing well, and a real community club.

After a brilliant season even the final days were tarnished by the Faurlin case and worries they would have points deducted, so they didn't get to celebrate it properly, and now this.

Briatore has banned journalists in the past who questioned his commitment, but it is clear they were right. With Taraabt I think even the team from last year would have given it a go, and certainly with a couple of additions. Without him and no signings, I can't see them staying up. What an opportunity wasted, all that hard work thrown away by Ecclestone and the dodgy Italian.
Agree with this, it seems Briatore has got bored of his play thing, which is a shame for their proper fans. And I say proper fans because there have been some right twats on the BBS doing the reputation of their club no favours at all.

When they played without Taarabt last season they struggled. When he was man marked, they struggled. When he stropped, they struggled.

They clearly have a very good squad for the Championship, but without Taarabt it fell apart. May be a mental thing, it may be that him being in the side masked a lack of unity there (unusual for a Warnock side). But even with Taarabt in their side this season they were always going to struggle (DJ Campbell, Kieron Dyer and Jay Bothroyd are hardly inspirational signings), and with him leaving I could easily see Colin leaving sharpish and them beating Derby's record if they aren't careful.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Some people have very short memories.

Superhoops, the way your fans and club have been treated by these two idiots. What should be a fantastic season ahead, is already turning into a nightmare. I don't know how, but I hope you manage to get things sorted through the FA. But these are very powerful men.

Oh come on, can't you tell from the subbuteo note that I didn't mean it? The plastic pitch was a dark era though.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
This does seem to have a parallel with the Brighton situation, the difference is that the owners did put money in to get QPR to the prem, even if they go down they are guaranteed the parachute payments. As long as they do not give silly contracts they will remain financially stable and in some respects will probably be slightly better off than when ecclestone arrived. The key thing is that any deal is done quickly.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Any more news on this story?

Eagles eye Derry return | Football News | Sky Sports

Palace would like Derry back but can they afford him? And would he want to go?
Well we all know from the Murray saga how Dougie isn't the most truthful to the press, but he seemed to really lose it when Sky came out with this story: Link

The truth is, he lost it, because it is true. Derry was at our training ground this summer about a possible return should Warnock stop managing QPR. We probably could afford it - Derry won't be on high wages and he won't expect high wages.

Dougie doesn't like the press knowing things about transfer dealings.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought the Mittal's were effectively controlling QPR these days ???

for a while, while Briatore was unable to hold office due to his F1 trouble. Mittel installed his son in law as Chief Exec (brought up locally and a fan i believe) who backed Warnock to the success they had last year. with Briatore back, and Mittel only controling 30%(?), they hiked the prices and the son in law resigned in protest, though still on the board. iirc.

if as suggested above they want £90m for 70%, i can see its a case of brinkmanship with Mittel not willing to be shafted. on the other hand, £90m (£130m total value) for a Premeirship club isnt too bad if you can back them to stay there, which Mittel clearly could. so seems its who blinks first, "tango and cash" :)lolol:) dropping the price or Mittel buying them out at the asking price. if they do that before mid August i think they could stay up, leave it and they are f***ed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was looking forward to QPR bringing some colour to the Prem this season but can only see an inevitable relegation. The only variable is whether they hang on to Warnock and go down fighting, or lose him in the Autumn and become the Top Flight whipping boys.

QPR would have been worth watching purely down to Taraabt. However, they've packed their squad with Premier League journeymen and proven failures who fail to inspire. I echo previous posts that the sooner Tango and Cash have left the club the better.

superhoop

Jul 21, 2011
cheers everyone,

thanks for the replies and opinions,

hope you have a brilliant season in the championship, you've earned it. i'll be looking for your results. give cardiff shit for us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here