Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the hell is going on at QPR?

I understand that the owners have stopped subsidising the club, and Ecclestone and Briatore want out, but alongside the ridiculous amount of TV money for Premiership teams and putting up the ticket prices at Loftus Road by a huge amount, they are now seemingly selling their best players and not re-investing the money in the team.

BBC Sport - QPR's Adel Taarabt admits to Paris Saint-Germain talks

As the title says, what the hell is going on?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Saw Warnock say he was going into the Premiership with the smallest transfer war chest in history. That's what happens when rich owners get bored.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
There are those clubs who spend money to try to stay in the Prem and there are those who are resigned to coming straight back down and therefore don't want to spend the dosh. Guess where QPR sit?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eccelestone and Briatore, a marriage made in hell, can't believe that anyone thought it would end well with those two pulling the strings. Surprised that they haven't tried some scam to redevelop the ground as houses and flats tbh.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How is Bristore still an owner? The fit and proper rules disqualify anyone that has been banned from another sport. Briatore is still banned, to my knowledge, for Formula one.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think the only way forward would be a new ground for them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How is Bristore still an owner? The fit and proper rules disqualify anyone that has been banned from another sport. Briatore is still banned, to my knowledge, for Formula one.

he won an appeal something, he's no longer banned.

Taarabt is leaving before his valuation drops like a stone, was found to be easily wound up last season. Savage man-marked him out of the Derby game, and we know how mobile he is.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Of course Bernie and Flav don't want to spend now they've got to the promised land. Actually spending some of the money coming in will make a dent in their profits!

superhoop

Jul 21, 2011
Hello Brighton fans,

Qpr fan who comes in peace,

just browsing your site, to see how supporters should be treated by their club, and i found this thread.

you are all completely correct, we have been dumped on from a great height by tango and cash(flavio & bernie) this should of been a season to look forward to for us, but these two have made a laughing stock of us. I wouldn't mind if we inherently had a very tight budget, like blackpool last year, we would of gave it a go with heads held high, but these two w*nkers are not only denying warnock any transfer funds, they are selling our players, hiking up our ticket prices by 40% and trying to get rid of the true fan base and replacing with the prawn sandwich brigade. They are asset striping our club, many QPR fans feel our season is over before its begun, what a joke eh?

All QPR fans hang on to the hope that warnock can stick it out , hopefully untill tango and cash sell up and take their f**king money with them.

good luck on your season, i really hope you do well, you have a good set up at Brighton, and a fantastic looking new stadium, our clubs paths may cross at the end of the season!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sounds like they want to an "Archer" on the club , wring it dry (to get back what they've already put in) , put in no money and then do a runner before they get sussed.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
This is bad shit!

Have spent all pre season dreaming of Falmer and all, that I haven't really taken much notice of other news. Yet again more ego inflated mega rich play boys messing with one of our clubs.

Thank FU.K for TONE!!!!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Must say im really shocked that such wealthy people can turn a good traditional club like QPR into a circus,maybe its time the fans did something before its to late.

Good luck:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not to defend them, but i dont really see why billionaire Bernie would want to asset strip or other wise take the cash and run. is there more to it, or less, simply they started a project and got bored? i recall Briatore was trying to play football manager until he got booted and then their on pitch fortunes turned... now the Mittals man been forced out, who seemed to be running the club well. so is it just down to spite?

a very odd state of affairs really.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Briatore & Ecclestone want out, but Mittel won't pay their price for a small club with tiny ground/revenues. A stand off, so neither will subsidise in the mean time.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope we get QPR at home in the FA Cup, but only if Warnock is still there!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
these two w*nkers are not only denying warnock any transfer funds, they are selling our players, hiking up our ticket prices by 40% and trying to get rid of the true fan base and replacing with the prawn sandwich brigade. They are asset striping our club, many QPR fans feel our season is over before its begun, what a joke eh?

All QPR fans hang on to the hope that warnock can stick it out , hopefully untill tango and cash sell up and take their f**king money with them.

Sounds like you guys should be getting hold of Build a Bonfire and taking heed of the contents.

Good luck in your struggles with your owners. I've always had a soft spot for QPR from the days of Marsh and Bowles - a proper club with a good set of fans. Hope things work out for you - but it sounds like you'll have some pain first.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Chatted to a big QPR fan this morning - he reckons Tango and Cash are holding out for £90m for the club. They are not interested in football whatsoever, they are in it for the money. A great shame for a grand old club.

superhoop

Jul 21, 2011
not to defend them, but i dont really see why billionaire Bernie would want to asset strip or other wise take the cash and run. is there more to it, or less, simply they started a project and got bored? i recall Briatore was trying to play football manager until he got booted and then their on pitch fortunes turned... now the Mittals man been forced out, who seemed to be running the club well. so is it just down to spite?

a very odd state of affairs really.

spite is maybe a possibility, it doesn't sound plausible does it? but we are not putting anything past that pair of crooks.

personally, i hope the FA get involved, we were lucky last season to get away with what was a very very dodgy piece of transfer dealing by our board, and if they dig a bit deeper they may find some more.
A bitter pill that we would gladly swollow to get them out.

I hope cms scores a lot of goals for you next season, hopefully a hatrick against cardiff:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here