Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What should the club do about yesterday's game?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
With all that technology at their finger tips, in a normal world the game would be replayed.

Of course some of the decisions were subjective, but when you add them it's difficult to remember such a one sided example of refereeing.

Not through bias (or corruption that's silly) but by chance.

The apology needs to extend beyond the Mitoma non penalty and a clear acceptance that the incompetence of the officials dictated the result of the game.

The officials involved should be subject to lengthy bans.

I hate to say this but yesterday was so bad, I wouldn't be unhappy with a system of financial compensation. You can't go around fining clubs for administrative errors and let the "authorities" get away with that nonsense.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I wonder what would happen if the club tried to Sue the PG tips wankers for incompetence.

A lose lose case, but it would cause a massive stir Shirley.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With all that technology at their finger tips, in a normal world the game would be replayed.

Of course some of the decisions were subjective, but when you add them it's difficult to remember such a one sided example of refereeing.

Not through bias (or corruption that's silly) but by chance.

The apology needs to extend beyond the Mitoma non penalty and a clear acceptance that the incompetence of the officials dictated the result of the game.

The officials involved should be subject to lengthy bans.
No its not.

Incompetence would be inconsistent. Bias, concious or subconcious as has been suggested, is reliable and consistent. Which is what has happened.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The club should assure the EPL they are truly sorry for threatening to break into the top 6 and will endeavour to remember their place in the scheme of things and that if we've offended any big club this season by taking them to the cleaners we would consider letting them have their 3 points back if it helped them, obviously that doesn't include Chelsea unless they get dragged into a relegation fight.

Love and Hugs from the very nice people at Brighton and Hove Albion X

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure that was easy to understand. It might have been one mistake but it was immediately obvious to just about everybody
I don't think it was obvious to the officials on the field, I think they trusted the technology so were sure it couldn't have been a goal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yesterday was lots of 'mistakes' which sets alarm bells ringing.

Agreed.

I sincerely hope, and fully expect, Tony to be at home, cooler than a cucumber that's been under a wooly mammoth for hundreds of years . . . His mainframe whirring away . . . Putting together some details and stats that mathematically prove what should have happened yesterday.

I of course trust Bloom implicitly, but the club have been wronged so many times I have to conclude that anything they can come up with just doesn't make any difference.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Non-big Six clubs need to consider unionizing. The bullshit we saw in the spurs game will go on forever, unless the Premier League and the FA have to face a power bloc that has a bit of clout. We are powerless as an individual club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Replay the game ?
Give us a point ?
Take legal action ?
Refuse to play another game till we get an investigation ?

I'm as f***ed off as anyone over how yesterday panned out, but some of you are losing your frigging minds

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Request that neither Salisbury or Atwell have anything to do with our remaining fixtures. Apart from that I don’t think there is anything the club can do.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
This game has cost brighton over £100 million and also lost players
It may have also impacted on the team's confidence as well unfortunately. I really, really hope I'm wrong, but what's the point of them giving a bit extra of themselves when they play, if they know officials are going to find a way to come down on them in favour of the opposition?

:annoyed:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It may have also impacted on the team's confidence as well unfortunately. I really, really hope I'm wrong, but what's the point of them giving a bit extra of themselves when they play, if they know officials are going to find a way to come down on them in favour of the opposition?

Or why would they want to play for Brighton, if they know that their careers would be otherwise impeded by doing so?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

I don't think their confidence will be affected in that way, but the confidence and trust in officiating would be understandably gone. This could now mean even correct decisions against Brighton aren't believed...combined with RDZ firing them up and a huge sense of injustice of VAR robbing us of our correct league position. I might put a fiver on a Brighton red card next game...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What the club shouldn’t do is let it lie. The complete and utter shit show that is VAR in this country needs a fresh look. It’s made officials worse. Football is strewn with human error. And the dreaded “Checking VAR” is a joy-sucking, emotion-killer. And please - don’t bang on about “It’s not the technology that’s the problem” because yes, yes it is. Until VAR is more than just camera angles and semi-automated this and f***ing that - the technology needs another set of human eyes. At this point you either re-referee the game or get rid of clear and obvious because NO ONE can define that term when it comes to football and where interpretation is not binary yes/no.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Get over it and try not let it affect the remainder of the season.

Massive injustice yesterday but there's no point dwelling on it. 6th place is still up for grabs, yesterday's performance shoukd give us confidence we can finish the season on a high
Disagree.

Firstly the potential 5 points we have lost through the already PGMOL admitted apologies could end up costing us millions of pounds through league position, prize money and maybe missing out on European football.

Secondly, the Club’s hierarchy continuing to plug away at it and not letting it go while being sensible about it would only serve to convince the playing and coaching staff that we mean business…… if they need convincing of it. I wouldn’t normally advocate the idea of being angry, but there is such a thing as righteous anger.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I would think it should have precisely the opposite effect. I’m certain it will motivate Mr De Zerbi, and he will surely be able to use it to motivate the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here