Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What make was you first car?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Ford focus 1.8 Zetec.

At 17 at the time it was not cheap to insure!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Hillman Avenger 1600 Super Estate, just like this. Managed to get 14 people in it once to a party!
image.jpg

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I had an Austin Metro 1.0. It lasted a month before I had to get rid of it.

I learnt to drive in a Golf GTI, so I had to learn to drive all over again once I had my own wheels. The number of times I tried to nip out in front of cars at roundabouts only to find my car needed 20 seconds notice to achieve speeds greater than 4 mph.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
1965 White Mini CYM245C Bought it to drive from Patcham to Lewes to work in 1973. It stalled most days at the bottom of Coldean Lane when the battery connection in the boot failed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Austin / Morris 1300. Original 1969

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Wolseley 1500 - maroon painted. I drove it for quite a while before I founfd out the bastard who sold it to me had put the drum brakes on the rear wheels rhe wrong way around, and I had been driving for months on just the front-wheel btrakes.

The first car I hit was a Rover 90 built like a tank. When I came around the front to examine the damage I said "Ooh nothing wrong there." The owner of the Rover said "I'm not so sure..." there was a jet of water coming out of my radiator. Thank God for Radweld.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Hillman Avenger 1500DL FMP 48J - it was my dad's throw-away as it had just failed its MOT - needed a lot of time on in it and a mate of my was a welder - did me a stint for a few years.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
A 1995 (N plate) Nissan Micra. I must have been the only person under 70 driving one around Haywards Heath. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here