Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best food at Withdean?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You moaning gits! I have had a burger, baguette and a few other things from withdean and find them all pretty good. What are you expecting? five star cuisine?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You moaning gits! I have had a burger, baguette and a few other things from withdean and find them all pretty good. What are you expecting? five star cuisine?

Theres nothing stopping a club having five star cuisine if they wanted to, Wexford Youths have a full restaurant in their stadium and the foods more than decent...

But yeah, it'd be just a LITTLE impractical to get that in to Withdean!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Theres nothing stopping a club having five star cuisine if they wanted to, Wexford Youths have a full restaurant in their stadium and the foods more than decent...

But yeah, it'd be just a LITTLE impractical to get that in to Withdean!

You say this but at most festivals they have an array of decent food options. If you can have jerk chicken in a field in Somerset you should be able to have a half decent burger at Withdean.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You say this but at most festivals they have an array of decent food options. If you can have jerk chicken in a field in Somerset you should be able to have a half decent burger at Withdean.

Quite. And you can get a great Cornish pasty anywhere nowadays. No excuse for the shit currently served up at Withdean that gives everybody the runs on Sunday morning that they wrongly, in many cases, blame on the beer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All these foods being suggested where are they as I havent seen them in North Stand. Seems ridiculous dearest seats worst selection of food or is it because a lot of people in the North Stand are on freebies for food etc.

food in the hostility huts is not at all bad, one thing for sure, it ain't free. Not sure if I've ever seen a prawn sandwich though:) they tend to vary the after match grub, sometimes a mini pasty, a pie, or a pork roast roll. Main meals are veryeatable and they also know how to make veggie and vegan food too

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

All about profit margins, surely? I can't imagine the upmarket vans will be enticed to a stadium with only a maximum of 2,000 or so potential customers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All about profit margins, surely? I can't imagine the upmarket vans will be enticed to a stadium with only a maximum of 2,000 or so potential customers.

I'm not suggesting upmarket vans, just better quality food. I think it's down to everything in this country being geared to squeezing the last penny of profit. Whatever happened to people having some pride in their work? This is why we have Greggs on every town's High Street and the french have a cracking patisserie.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Usual stop off at M & S Holmbush on the way over ...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
This always amazes me.

Will anyone be buying something to eat TOMORROW afternoon at around 3.45pm?

If so, will they buy some shite from a mobile van, undercooked or overcooked, queue for ages and get no change from a fiver?

So why will you do it today?

it's not that amazing....

:drink::drink::drink::drink:= hungry

the original chips and curry sauce was the best withdean offered

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Always amazes me - People travel and pay a fortune to attend a match - Then 10 mins to go before half time miss the action to queue up and pay a fortune for over priced unhealthy rubbish

The same people then leave 10 minutes before the end of the match to be first on the bus home - Why??????????????

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
The packets of milk bottle sweets on sale at that new stall thing in front of J block, sublime :drool:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I decided to go for a Pork Baguette in the end. and to be honest.....little bit dissapointed. it was nice, but not as filling as a burger.....i will have to re-think for next week, im thinking ill try 2 portions of chips with brown sauce.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only time I'll even CONSIDER eating at Withdean is if I've been horrendously disorganised / lazy and not had anything earlier. I have to be almost passing out with hunger, otherwise I'll happily just wait another hour or two. Its lukewarm, vastly overpriced shite and I ALWAYS feel ripped off by it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This is why we have Greggs on every town's High Street and the french have a cracking patisserie.

So true, so true. Bizzare isn't it, a nation so close to us is so far away from us from a culinary point of view.

Why do people settle for eating crap food? As mentioned here, it is about profit, nothing to do with pride in your work, or providing the customer with something they will enjoy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So true, so true. Bizzare isn't it, a nation so close to us is so far away from us from a culinary point of view.

Why do people settle for eating crap food? As mentioned here, it is about profit, nothing to do with pride in your work, or providing the customer with something they will enjoy.

It is puzzling. I agree.

But, in saying this I've been hungover all day and all I've done is comfort myself with very cheap pasty products. :)

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
All I wish, is that non of these 'caterers', get a franchise at Falmer.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Spot on - befuddles us too...

I'd rather chew on my ticket stub than eat what's served up at Withdean, I do remember resorting to some doughnuts and a cut of tea one particularly freezing half time, but thats about it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here