What is the best food at Withdean?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Much to my disgust the burger vans have decided to change the mustard, meaning it is now absolutly rank.

As a result of this i am considering changing from the regular cheeseburger and chips smothered in mustard sauce, to.....:shrug:....somthing else........

Any suggestions?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I had a bacon & sausage baguette last season that was'nt too bad, Then again it could've been the fact that I was so hungry that anything would've tasted good.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All these foods being suggested where are they as I havent seen them in North Stand. Seems ridiculous dearest seats worst selection of food or is it because a lot of people in the North Stand are on freebies for food etc.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
None of the food is any good, suggest you eat elsewhere first of all and save the possibility of severe illness.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All these foods being suggested where are they as I havent seen them in North Stand. Seems ridiculous dearest seats worst selection of food or is it because a lot of people in the North Stand are on freebies for food etc.

There isn't a great deal of space to offer such a variety in the North Stand, is there?

I have only eaten cooked food there twice since we moved in. Expensive rubbish.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having seen how filthy the surrounding area to the van in the Northstand is I only ever buy a cup of Bovril there. Do they ever have an EHO inspection while in service, we used to in the pub.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This always amazes me.

Will anyone be buying something to eat TOMORROW afternoon at around 3.45pm?

If so, will they buy some shite from a mobile van, undercooked or overcooked, queue for ages and get no change from a fiver?

So why will you do it today?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
didn't there used to be pizza at one of the stands? or is that a wicked whisper?

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Try the roast pork baguettes.

Assuming that - this week - they can keep up with the demand for hot bread.

My brother has been getting one of those, so by switching to that would be like admitting he is right, i need to find something better.

There is a delicous pad thai noodle stand

That sound to good to be true. is it in the ground?

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
This always amazes me.

If so, will they buy some shite from a mobile van, undercooked or overcooked, queue for ages and get no change from a fiver?

I generally try and eat decent food, but once a week i have a great big filthy burger or simular at the football.

Whats so bad about that?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This always amazes me.

Quite. And seeing as how there was a match at Withdean last weekend, would not be in the least surprised if some of the exact same burgers from last Saturday, instead of being slung in the bin, make another appearance today. Like I say, the only safe option is the chips.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
This always amazes me.

True, but some of our fans have to travel a bit, i.e. not right time for lunch before they leave.
Anyway this really does not excuse the fact of the poor food at the ground (as per numerous of previous threads).
Had a bacon baguette in 99/00 that made me sick, so I stick to Chips if need to.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
didn't there used to be pizza at one of the stands? or is that a wicked whisper?

there were pizza and chips on offer from the baguette van for the first few games - not sure if it is still the case. id avoid it anyway as the only person i know who bought it had a complete ruining of their digestive system as a result

the baguettes used to be on a different planet - they have now, sadly though, seemingly descended to the same level of crap as everything else on offer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I only eat the food at the ground if I'm desperate. I always take a weekly treat in the form of a big bar of chocolate with me. This keeps me going through the 90 mins. That an a cup of tea.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Yes, the substandard bacon baguettes compared to a few years back is a key factor in my declining attendance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports