[Albion] What is more expensive?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And imagine if the deal for him to Bielsa's Leeds hadn't fallen through!

Shame Potter seemingly hasn't had the same effect on ANY Brighton player - rather the form of Ryan, Dunk and Duffy, Maupay, (all good under Houghton) dropped off a cliff. And he shipped out pretty sharply Andone, Locadia, Murray.

Anyway, still hopeful Potter can turn it round as I can still remember the joy of watching the team vs Newcastle and Man U.

Maupay was great when we had Houghton. He was scoring freely . . . . for Brentford.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And imagine if the deal for him to Bielsa's Leeds hadn't fallen through!

Shame Potter seemingly hasn't had the same effect on ANY Brighton player - rather the form of Ryan, Dunk and Duffy, Maupay, (all good under Houghton) dropped off a cliff. And he shipped out pretty sharply Andone, Locadia, Murray.

Anyway, still hopeful Potter can turn it round as I can still remember the joy of watching the team vs Newcastle and Man U.

Maupay never played under Hughton and Dunk got player of the season under Potter last year so you can hardly say that Potter has had a detrimental effect on him. Dunk's lack of form this season is his own issue.

Locadia was never good enough so correct decision, we all agreed on that. Murray too old, not good enough anymore, correct decision. Duffy got a full season under Potter, not able to play the way we now do so looked poor when he came in, correct decision for all involved for him to move on. There were question marks about Ryan under Hughton and I don't think you can blame any manager for a lack of ability that a goalkeeper shows when it comes to doing the basics of his job like making saves and catching crosses.

Potter has improved Bissouma, March and Webster whilst bringing in and developing Lamptey and Alzate.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Amazes me there are STILL fans who think we aren't going down when the teams around us are starting to pick up points and we're looking worse with each passing game.

Well it's true, we may well survive the drop, after all we aren't even half way through the season yet, so still plenty of time to improve, and a transfer window next month for the chance to add to our squad.

But at the same time, you are quite right about the teams being around us picking up points. I think the only side that we can fairly say are destined for the drop are yesterday's opponents, other than that West Brom only have a measly 7 points to their name, but with Big Sam at the helm there is always the chance that they can pull themselves out of it, Burnley are masters at this game, they have managed to cling on to their Premier League place season on season, and l can see them doing so again. Fulham are improving too with the likes of Loftus-Cheek and Lookman in their squad, and are well capable of scoring goals, and Arsenal who will probably finish in the top ten.

I really don't think that Tony Bloom will sack Potter, but if he is going to do it it needs to be noiw, to give the new man as much time as possible to turn things round, pus that all important transfer window next month to bring in his own signings.

Eddie Howe anyone?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think Biss and March have improved greatly under GP to be fair.

Welcome to NSC, and well said.

I don’t understand how any Albion fan could not agree with this. Solly’s game has gone to another level under Potter, and Biss is currently linked with Liverpool, Man Utd and Real Madrid.

That with the young players, Eg, Alzate and even recently Sanchez, it shows he has some real ability as a coach.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Say Potters on £40k a week ??

5 yrs x 52 x 40 = £10.4m. WOW!!

But annual Premier League TV revenue is around £110m

So we could sack and restate Potter 11 times in January and be no worse off

As long as the the last one was to sack him finally for good

Simples

Yeap, another pointless thread..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Welcome to NSC, and well said.

I don’t understand how any Albion fan could not agree with this. Solly’s game has gone to another level under Potter, and Biss is currently linked with Liverpool, Man Utd and Real Madrid.

That with the young players, Eg, Alzate and even recently Sanchez, it shows he has some real ability as a coach.

I agree, but it isn't his coaching skills that l have an issue with, it's his managerial ones.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Say Potters on £40k a week ??

5 yrs x 52 x 40 = £10.4m. WOW!!

But annual Premier League TV revenue is around £110m

So we could sack and restate Potter 11 times in January and be no worse off

As long as the the last one was to sack him finally for good

Simples
with the players we've got ...?? no new arrivals .....ding dong...!!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Potter won't be sacked, his position will become untenable due to tweaks and changes around the club and he'll agree a mutual release from his contract.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Once GP works elsewhere, he will not be seen on this board. He is of no consequence.

I’d like to think he’d hang around. But if he doesn’t who cares.....apart from you obviously? Regardless of all of this, it still doesn’t explain your rude and aggressive reaction.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Woken up on the wrong side of the world again?

:lolol::lolol::lolol: Of course you don't :ffsparr:

And anyway, what on earth was wrong with his post?

I’d like to think he’d hang around. But if he doesn’t who cares.....apart from you obviously? Regardless of all of this, it still doesn’t explain your rude and aggressive reaction.

Be as sanctimonious as you like, plenty of thumbs up from those who agree with me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Be as sanctimonious as you like, plenty of thumbs up from those who agree with me.

Do you really valid yourself by the number of likes on a chat room? Jeez.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports