Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is more expensive?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I dont think the team will go down, but the idea that Maupay, Connolly and Welbeck suddenly would rip the Premier League apart and reach a safe, easy top 10 position seems to be firmly attached in here.

He may or may not go, if the first of those things happen you're going to find yourselves surprised that it wasnt the magic solution.
Yet Swansea missed out on the playoffs last season and sitting pretty this season :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not often I get this rude, just XXXX OFF you sad stalker.

Another fan of the cuckoo I see! One day he’ll fly away. Until then, play along, he actually believes what he writes apparently.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Amazes me there are STILL fans who think we aren't going down when the teams around us are starting to pick up points and we're looking worse with each passing game.

Because it is only December, obviously. There were people saying the same thing during the shutdown and look what happened. Every team outside the top few have stretches where things don't go well. Ours happens to be about now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You always find an excuse for Mr Potter didn’t he have three now PL players in the squad?

He turned three of the guys into PL players yes. Possible that McBurnie would have ended up in the PL either way. Anyway, its a different squad. Its like saying someone did a shite job in Leicester just because they went on to win the league x years later.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He turned three of the guys into PL players yes. Possible that McBurnie would have ended up in the PL either way. Anyway, its a different squad. Its like saying someone did a shite job in Leicester just because they went on to win the league x years later.

This shows you are as deluded, biased and utterly "unreasonable" as most of us on here! :clap2:

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Well, ask Daniel James if he would have been a PL player without GP.

And imagine if the deal for him to Bielsa's Leeds hadn't fallen through!

Shame Potter seemingly hasn't had the same effect on ANY Brighton player - rather the form of Ryan, Dunk and Duffy, Maupay, (all good under Houghton) dropped off a cliff. And he shipped out pretty sharply Andone, Locadia, Murray.

Anyway, still hopeful Potter can turn it round as I can still remember the joy of watching the team vs Newcastle and Man U.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just that you seem to think Potter made him, I was wondering how utterly more amazing he might have turned out if the true Messiah had then coached him.

James doesn't seem Champions League/Man U level so far.

Obviously like with any player, James did most of the job himself. But he has stated several times that he thought his career was pretty much over before Potter came.

Agree that he has not been very good at United, I definitely think there is a top class player inside him though. Would be nice to get him on loan in January - good for him, good for Brighton and probably good for United if they dont want to see him rot away.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Obviously like with any player, James did most of the job himself. But he has stated several times that he thought his career was pretty much over before Potter came.

Agree that he has not been very good at United, I definitely think there is a top class player inside him though. Would be nice to get him on loan in January - good for him, good for Brighton and probably good for United if they dont want to see him rot away.

Would agree indeed. Wages probably much too high for us though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His post is not reasonable, he is a Potter fan, not a Brighton fan. Seems to think GP is bigger than the club.

He has an interest in Brighton and that’s good, is it not?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
And imagine if the deal for him to Bielsa's Leeds hadn't fallen through!

Shame Potter seemingly hasn't had the same effect on ANY Brighton player - rather the form of Ryan, Dunk and Duffy, Maupay, (all good under Houghton) dropped off a cliff. And he shipped out pretty sharply Andone, Locadia, Murray.

Anyway, still hopeful Potter can turn it round as I can still remember the joy of watching the team vs Newcastle and Man U.

I think Biss and March have improved greatly under GP to be fair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

<sigh> You must be an NSC newbie. You can't say that. Either he has improved all the players or ruined all of them. We are either going to win the league or we are going down. Either only black lives matter, or none of them. Boris is either nothing but a clown or the most statesmanlike prime minister since Neville Chamberlain.

:wink:

(I cocked the last bit up on purpose, but I'm confident it'll whoosh many)

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I thought March showed potential under CH when playing in the left back/LWB role but you're right has improved again under Potter. Biss has been the revelation definitely, so yes I've got the "any" wrong! Far outweighed at the moment by the general malaise and dreadful form of Ryan, Dunk, everyone upfront. Maybe Potter got the lead roles for the Xmas panto all wrong this year (I do hope Connolly was one of the ugly sisters though).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here