Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you seen developed, delivered and redundant in your lifetime ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shell suits

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Terraces in football grounds

Still very much in existence at hundreds of football grounds around the country. Football doesn't exist in just the Premier League and Championship. :thumbsup:

Get yourself to the Dripping Pan if you want to see some quality terracing with a bar at the bottom!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
For me it was that building by Battersea Park that you passed on the way in to Victoria. Opened in the 1980s as the state of the art HQ of the Observer newspaper. Then got a bit tatty and became the home of QVC shopping channel. Then empty. Now knocked down to make way for luxury flats.

Commuters will know the one.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
For me it was that building by Battersea Park that you passed on the way in to Victoria. Opened in the 1980s as the state of the art HQ of the Observer newspaper. Then got a bit tatty and became the home of QVC shopping channel. Then empty. Now knocked down to make way for luxury flats.

Commuters will know the one.

Marco Polo House - it was BSB satellites not the Observer originally I thought?

Not sure if they named their satellites after it or the other way around though.

1980s office space is difficult to use with modern floor plate desires and is less likely to be preserved than even some interesting 60s stuff so a lot will probably be torn down.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Marco Polo House - it was BSB satellites not the Observer originally I thought?

Not sure if they named their satellites after it or the other way around though.

1980s office space is difficult to use with modern floor plate desires and is less likely to be preserved than even some interesting 60s stuff so a lot will probably be torn down.

Ah was it? You may be right. Either way, I think they imagined it was very state of the art at the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leon Knight

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here