Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you seen developed, delivered and redundant in your lifetime ?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Fax machines are still used. I looked up Cadburys Smash and it is still really popular with 150million servings each year.is anyone on here owning up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apollo Space rockets
The space shuttle. I remember the whole school being allowed to watch the early launches because it was something so new and amazing. Now gone.

Re cassettes, they've actually made a big comeback thanks to hipsters. Can't see the same happening with DVDs or CDs somehow but fashion is a strange thing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fax machines are still used.

Annoyingly yes, they are. I asked HMRC to email me some information for a client recently and they said "we can't email it but we can fax it to you". After asking if it was 1995 I set up a fax to email account and gave them the number.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Casio (other brands available) pocket TVs and 0581088635389275.jpg

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Annoyingly yes, they are. I asked HMRC to email me some information for a client recently and they said "we can't email it but we can fax it to you". After asking if it was 1995 I set up a fax to email account and gave them the number.

Fax machines would be a worthy of a new thread; what technologies should be completely redundant, but are refusing to die?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sinclair C5.

Great idea - shame about all those HGVs that make it a gauntlet run on every trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here