What food do you find VILE ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I heard of a boy who had a phobia about baked beans, ever since he saw a dying blackbird that had been mauled by a cat - apparently the birds heart looked EXACTLY like a baked bean, which put him right off.

Personally I don't MIND baked beans, but they annoy me a bit because the tomato juice gets EVERYWHERE on the plate - and this is especially unacceptable when it comes into contact with my toast if I'm having a fried breakfast. Sausage-barriers are only effective to an extent.

Add butter - make sauce creamy. No escaping bean sauce. Sorted.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It has to be..........Liver.........the texture is awful.

Attachments

• liver_pieces.jpg
    liver_pieces.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 161

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It has to be..........Liver.........the texture is awful.

I would like to align myself with this observation, and include KIDNEY in the same bracket. Kind of a smooth, dry, rubbery texture to it which is utterly, utterly repellent.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I heard of a boy who had a phobia about baked beans, ever since he saw a dying blackbird that had been mauled by a cat - apparently the birds heart looked EXACTLY like a baked bean, which put him right off.

Personally I don't MIND baked beans, but they annoy me a bit because the tomato juice gets EVERYWHERE on the plate - and this is especially unacceptable when it comes into contact with my toast if I'm having a fried breakfast. Sausage-barriers are only effective to an extent.

Just serve them with a slotted spoon.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Hugely pretentious dislikes here which I apologise for in advance but cannot touch fennel, oysters, snails or pig trotter

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sprouts are the Devils gonads'.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
pears - the most f***ing hideos thing ive ever had in my mouth, and that is saying something

strangely though, i dont mind pear cider

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
pears - the most f***ing hideos thing ive ever had in my mouth, and that is saying something

Thats a strange one, I've always found pears most inoffensive.
I've always felt lychees fall within the pear bracket, very similar. I take it these would also be a complete no-no?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They do taste very similiar. That's interesting that you draw the connection though, I guess because you hate both.

Kiwi fruit and strawberries taste almost identical, but apparently the colour fools your mind into not instantly drawing the connection.

Never actually tried it, but apparently if you take a blind taste test - many people will get it wrong.

Hmm, I'm no horti .. horty .... plant grower, but I believe cucumbers and melons are very closely related.

For me it's butter beans ..... and I can definitely blame that on my junior school meals. The very thought of them makes me feel ill. Bad school dinners can have a huge impact on your foodie preferences later in life - one reason why kids should be well fed at school.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Right now I'm feeling like one of those people who suffers from a rare and slightly socially troubling disease must feel when they finally meet another sufferer for the first time and realise they're not alone.

I've always loathed cucumber, but never met anyone else who does. Every time it crops up, whoever's there says "but how can you hate it, it doesn't taste of anything?".

Well it does, it tastes vile, and as Easy says, it taints everything else it comes into contact with. It ruins an otherwise good sandwich.

Not a big fan of aubergine either, I must say, but I don't notice it as much as cucumber. Steering away from the vegetable debate for a moment, I also cannot stand marzipan, almonds, and all variations thereof. So no Christmas cake or amaretto for me, thanks.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Hmm, I'm no horti .. horty .... plant grower, but I believe cucumbers and melons are very closely related.

For me it's butter beans ..... and I can definitely blame that on my junior school meals. The very thought of them makes me feel ill. Bad school dinners can have a huge impact on your foodie preferences later in life - one reason why kids should be well fed at school.

Im totally the same here. Butter beans, Liver, Kidney, Semolina, Tapioca. All served by schools in the 70's and sometimes on the same fcking day!
Dont know if anyone has ever tasted Caviar.....what the bejesus is that shit all about? Tiny bubbles of slimy salty water popping in your mouth!!! Eeeew!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I count it as a flavour in food instead of a drink, can I also suggest coffee?

I wish I did like it, as it's quite a sociable thing, but no matter how much I will myself to (or how old I get) I still hate the taste. I'm one of those people who has to check a box of chocolates VERY carefully indeed, as the sheer horror of accidentally biting into a coffee cream would warrant me spitting it out everywhere, regardless of the company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports