Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What film have you watched the most times?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In 1988 worked in the Curzon cinema in Eastbourne for a summer. Ill fitting polyester jacket, tray of King Cones, boxes of Poppets. Due to fire regs a member of staff had to be in the auditorium through all shows. They re-released The Jungle Book that summer and I must have seen it well over 50 times. Marvellous. A Handful Of Dust 20 odd times, still one of my favourite books/ films. Hairspray 20 odd times (OK). Rambo 3 was shit the second time around, diabolical by the 5th viewing but by about the 20th time I had achieved a zen like state of grace. I recently rewatched it and it is indeed shit. Young Guns was still pretty good on the 30th viewing.

Can't Buy Me Love, Vice Versa, Crocodile Dundee 2, Big, Arthur 2 and many others passed without registering after a dozen or more viewings.

I nabbed the 'Art House Wednesday' shift and after a couple of weeks I was giving a little talk on the evening performances based on the 2 viewings earlier in the day. Cinema Paradiso, A Short Film about Killing, A Short Film about Love, Ghosts ....of the Civil Dead, Babette's Feast.

The staff room had a record player, staff were only allowed to bring 1 record in and only 3 of us bothered. Everytime I had a fag break I listened to 'How Soon is Now', 'True Colors' (Cyndi Lauper) or one of the tracks from Now That's What I call Music 7 (typically 'Brilliant Mind', 'Camouflage', 'Absolute Beginners' or 'Word Up' If Petrina's break coincided with mine we would have a dance to 'Happy Hour' by The Housemartins. She wasn't a good dancer as she had a club foot.

Just before I left to go to University the owner got hold of a print of Blade Runner and let me have a go as the projectionist, which was nice.

Anyway, back to the question.

The Jungle Book

closely followed by Aliens, Gattaca, Jaws and Powaqqatsi (normally stoned out of my head)

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
MAD MAX The first one from the day it released in the cinema in 1979 and still watching it now....hundreds and hundreds of times. I have driven people nuts with it over the years...

I'd just started riding bikes when it came out and that film shaped the way I dressed for years...always had a matt black full face lid with goggles for years and years....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Kelly's Heroes is always on TV here. (I think the channel is AMC ) and I still love it

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Not sure about a most watched film but top ones would be from : -

Shawshank Redemption
The Italian Job
Sound of Music
Mary Poppins
The Intouchables (2011)
Any of the Bourne films

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ET - The Extraterrestrial - plus 50 times
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - plus 25 times
Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Indiana Jones films - at least 5 times apart from 4, 4 times
Most Spielberg films - up to 5 times

Non Spielberg

The Machinist - 5 times
Somewhere in Time - 5 times

Many others up to 5 times

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Mostly Clint Eastwood and
I'd go with McVicar as well.
Certain films seem to be on tv every month too...
The Kraays
Shaw shank
Jaws
Ghost
Dirty Dancing
Notting Hill...
You get my drift

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Hmm. Lots, many mentioned. Not mentioned (I think) North by Northwest, Doctor Zhivago, Citizen Kane, The Party, Gone with the Wind. Fargo

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
ET - The Extraterrestrial - plus 50 times
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - plus 25 times
Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Indiana Jones films - at least 5 times apart from 4, 4 times
Most Spielberg films - up to 5 times

Non Spielberg

The Machinist - 5 times
Somewhere in Time - 5 times

Many others up to 5 times
A I and War Of The Worlds is among my other favourite Spielberg films.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
For me it's "quadrophonia"

Probably seen it in excess of 250 times -sad I know but I just luv the film and the music

Snap & the only one I've ever seen more than once
The next one to repeat is likely to be Midnight Express not seen since I sneaked in @ 15 and not been brave enough since

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I know Saving Private Ryan word for word, great film!

The Man Who Would Be King starring Seen Canary and Michael Caine. Cracking film.

Aside from that, Comedy films are always easy to watch again, so I also include:

Ferris Bueler's Day Off
This is Spinal Tap
Life of Brian
Police Academy (I watched it 20 times in my teens, but admittedly I haven't watched it much since)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I keep watching star trek the next generation on Syfy even though I seen most of these before. I like the star trek films as well to keep on topic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here