Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What film have you watched the most times?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I've not heard of the vast majority of the films mention in this thread :blush: but for me it's either Scum or Snatch.
Would have mentioned deep throat but only watch 5 mins at a time rather than the whole film.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've seen a few Mike Leigh films more than once, simply because I love their social commentary.

There are three I've seen many times that stand out, and are rather diverse in contrast.

Firstly, Ghandi. I remember seeing it round a friends one Sunday afternoon. I barely spoke for the three hours it was on. I heard afterwards that one of the scenes had 10,000 extras-an amazing piece of direction. The individual performances are a proud piece of cinematic history.

Secondly, Life of Brian. It never fails to make me laugh, mainly because, having a church background, some of the more subtle humour is not lost on me.

Thirdly, an unusual choice, Priscilla Queen of the Desert. As well as being comical, it follows more or less the exact route that I travelled around Australia when I lived there. To the point that the pub they stayed in at Broken Hill was one I visited when I arrived there in search of accommodation late one evening. The scene with the aboriginals, and the desolate location of Cooper Pedy are places I, unintentionally, found myself stuck in due to an error in my scheduling. Even the pub/club in Alice Springs is one I spent a drunken night at.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I haven't ever watched any film over and over again, but films I would sit down and watch if they came on , and consequently have seen several times, are:

The Day of the Jackal
Has just started on ITV4, and rather stupidly I have just put it on.

Stat's gonna be grumpy in the morning.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a Tarantino nut, so whenever I'm flicking through and Pulp Fiction comes on I find it almost impossible to turn over, regardless of how far in it is. Reservoir Dogs is another one of those - just SO many scenes in that movie to look forward to (the Tim Roth Mr Orange bit where he's practicing his whole backstory is just masterful writing and a truly brilliant performance). I must've seen both those films 20 times.

Gladiator I've probably seen almost as often. Fabulous.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Les Enfants du Paradis - must have seen it about 30 or 40 times.

There a whole load of films on this thread that I've not even seen once (Zulu, The Matrix, Die Hard, Fast and Furious, Robin Hood, Aliens etc etc)

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
tricky one:

The warriors
Limitless
Close encounters of the third kind

Not sure how many times i've watched these movies but more than ten times I'd say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here