What division do you honestly think we will be in when falmer opens?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

???

• Total voters

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I know not many people will agree with me on this but I really don’t care what division we are in when we move in and I’d rather watch a winning team in league one/two than have to watch us get spanked week in week out in the championship.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I'd rather we were in league 1 to be honest, providing we were showing signs of promotion potential. The Championship is now a very competitive league and we are currently a long way off being of the required level. How would it feel getting hammered every week in our new stadium???

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
The best we can hope for is Div1 which is going to be a disaster,Falmer seats 22,000 and after a month or so attendances will be around 7000,imagine the atmosphere plus of course a lack of cash being generated.
Its a crying shame after all the work in getting Falmer completed.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The best we can hope for is Div1 which is going to be a disaster,Falmer seats 22,000 and after a month or so attendances will be around 7000,imagine the atmosphere plus of course a lack of cash being generated.
Its a crying shame after all the work in getting Falmer completed.

nurse! 7000! 7 bloody thousand. i don't have a crystal ball but there is NO chance falmer will only add 1500 to our attendance. infact i will have a bet with you, if our average gate is less than 11000 in our first season i will give you one hundred english pounds.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I believe we will be a championship club when we move into Falmer.
Good times are ahead and I can't wait.:thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Most likely to be Div.1.I am confident we will not go down this season,but it will have to be a hell of a turnaround for us to get promotion next season.Reckon £2.5 million on players 'might' do it.I'm not holding my breath tho'.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
Div 1
Championship football isnt essential in first year. I'll settle for watching Albion in a decent stadium for a year or 2 and then go up to championship.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Where's the option for Premier League?

surely we'll make a surge up the table this Season & win the play-off final. And then auto promotion at the first attempt out of the Championship!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
We are going to have to seriously spend some money in summer to get out of this league for Falmer Opening day!

I think we will do well next year and I am hoping we will be pushing to go up, dont care how as long as we go up!

D

Deleted member 2719

League 1.

I do have faith in Gus but we may have to be patient he is after all still learning his trade at being no1.

If we hadn't f*cked Wilkins off we would have been in the championship IMO.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Fans are Fickle.

We will have a lot of supporters at the begining of the season but this will drop off, we will probably have a higher attendence if we are challenging for the League one title then if we are in a Championship dog fight.

If we have the supporters then our league should not matter too much to attendences, Leeds are 2nd in League one and have a higher attendence than 21 Championship sides and 8 Premiership sides this season. thats probably down to them winningso many games

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
:bounce:
Still league 1 for me. But championship seems slightly more realistic now!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There's such churning between League 1 and the Championship, and with deductions, even the Premiership, the quality of sides fighting for promotion and playoff places every year can vary wildly, from year to year, that any answer is going to be a wild-ass guess.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think our stability will count for a lot. As others have said many teams are starting to, or have already, hit financial trouble and will therefore struggle to compete at the top end of our league with the likes of Huddersfield, Southampton and Swindon who all have a rich backer.

I still think League One is the most likely outcome but the Championship is not impossible, depending on our summer spending.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I originally clicked League 1, but I'm starting to wonder if we just might. This does all have a rather familiar feel to it - manager comes in to a losing club, sorts out the defence, performances improve, eventually it all clicks and they rise out of the relegation zone, following season blows everyone away. However part of me is also expecting Poyet to go to Middlesbrough in November, at which point our title challenge falls away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports